Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Problems i see with the game right now

Hi guys I have been wanting to start a discussion on a few cards/heroes/game mechanics i see that are kinda sucking the fun out of the game. And I want to just list them here so the DT can see and have a discussion of their own.
    First off, I wanna point out that I've been playing the game since COTC days and have kinda seen the game grow before my eyes. So my opinion should hold some ground hopefully.
    Secondly, the game is at a much better place in terms of meta diversification and general viability of all heroes than it was ever before imo. I just want to see the game go further in that direction.
    Third, these are just my views on the game and I encourage everyone to atleast have a discussion about it in this thread.
    So let's talk about a few cards/heroes/mechanics that i think should need a change.

1. Nathan
    I have played with this card alot in Lance/Boris and now Zhanna too. It's a 5/8 body for 7cc that gives a cantrip and if the cantrip is an ally you get to play it for free. Now the problem here is the last part of playing ANY ally free of cost. And this has kindof given birth to a new seperate archetype in the game. The Garina Zhanna. Garina Zhanna has been a new kind of playstyle that was introduced by introduction of the location Garina road. I'm all for keeping the archetype alive cause alot of stuff has been taken away from the priests lately (Garina nerf, Knight of crimson dusk nerf, Adlard nerf etc.) but the fact that someone can just play Nathan and get another fatty free of cost is not fair on the opponent. With Garina it costs 6cc to play Nathan and if you can get Kion/Adlard or even the Knight, that's a lot of compensation for paying just 6/7cc. I wish there was a tool to analyse it more deeply.
    My suggestion is to have a cap on the ability like "allies with cost 4 or less enter play free of cost". Some players also seem to agree that just Nathan with cantrip is enogh compensation for a 7cc.

2. Yari Marksman
    So this card was rejigged to it's current ability after WC 2016? I think. It was after Burnout won with Victor. Originally this card and spirit shuriken had similar ability (if 3 or more allies on board, target ally is killed). And it was an issue back then with a good chunk of player base (myself not included at the time). However they changed it to it's current ability which states you get to deal X+1 on summon damage to target ally where X is the number of opposing allies+number of yari allies. Now here I have a huge problem that I've been saying for a year now. That's a lot of damage for a 4cc ally. I saw a game where it dealt 7 on summon damage to an opposing ally! 7 damage for 4cc with a 2/4 body can't be justified. I do want to point out the fact that i like how cool the ability is and is pretty good tool for warriors to deal with the early board struggle they may have and I don't wanna change that.
    My suggestion is to remove the yari allies part and also the +1 part. Make it even with Shuriken that is also a 4cc card and people don't seem to be complaining about that. I am certain the card will be viable even after these nerfs.

3. Dragon tooth
    So let me just go ahead and say it almost every good player I've talked to agree that Dragon'd Tooth should lose durability when attacking fatties. It often turns into a board lock with this weapon combined with the cheap board control abilities, superior draw and marksman that is available to warriors. And again, it's a great card and does help the warriors alot and I'm all for it but let's just nerf that thing a little. The problem is not with the ability itself so much as it is when it is combined with the other warrior cards that create this big lock for the opponent .

4. Elementalis
    I don't have a problem with Ele's ability lol. I just think there has to be something changed in the current ele. I'm not sure what. So this is the most difficult one to fix cause there is clearly a problem with the attack the deck can generate so quickly but you can't pinpoint the problem. I don't wanna take a the armor from ele cause it made the deck very viable and a good top tier deck. So I don't know what to do here. I have no suggestions. I just have a problem lol

Please talk about it if you want below. Or dont!
    Last edited by Scout; 04-29-2020 at 04:47 AM.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC