Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Etel View Post
    Retreat seem to me to be a far superior card to the poison arrows, as Shadowsteps suggested. Secondly, I see no good reason to ever go beyond 30 cards. If you need more critter control cards such as arrows or Retreat, something else has to go.
    Personally i like retreat very much when i can draw more cards swiftly, but as a hunter with comparatively weak drawing abilities you don't gain much by sending back an early weak ally that can then be resourced or a big ally that just enters play again, either at the cost of one of your cards. Unless i get to remove an effect in which case it's quite decent. Arrows on the other hand are card for card deals. So it comes down to effect vs enemy ally removal. I think none is superior to the other.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Personally i like retreat very much when i can draw more cards swiftly, but as a hunter with comparatively weak drawing abilities you don't gain much by sending back an early weak ally that can then be resourced or a big ally that just enters play again, either at the cost of one of your cards. Unless i get to remove an effect in which case it's quite decent. Arrows on the other hand are card for card deals. So it comes down to effect vs enemy ally removal. I think none is superior to the other.
    Dont forget that with a retreat you can requip a BDB ( that is as an ally) and thats quite handy if you are running slow on bows
    But i guess i shouldn't spoil my hero's secrets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Arrows are useless in the mid-late game. Retreat however can be used in various ways. Sure, it doesn't kill an early enemy ally but it will delay him long enough for you to play a ally of your own or a bow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Try:

1 Resource - Resource
    2 Puwen - Puwen
    3 Aldon, my Puwen is killed - Death Trap
    4 BDB - Death Trap, Hide
    5 BDB transformed and killed by Death Trap, Soulseeker (you are hidden so he/she won't equip Prowler yet) - Soulseeker, kill Aldon or BDB, kill Puwen and Hide again (the latter is better, but more unlikely to happen)
    6 Prowler, your BDB is stolen which isn't so bad with Death Trap out or if you managed to hide for 2 turns you can try to play Prowler yourself now.

That suggested, going second to and getting perfectly handed by Gwen is always rough.
    Not sure if I am mis-reading, but just a minor point.
    Think at turn 5, you can't play SoulSeeker AND hide, as it needs 6 resources and it is only turn 5. Refer:
    5 BDB transformed and killed by Death Trap, Soulseeker (you are hidden so he/she won't equip Prowler yet) - Soulseeker, kill Aldon or BDB, kill Puwen and Hide again (the latter is better, but more unlikely to happen)

But otherwise, nice strategy!

Regional Runner-Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You hide at turn 4 so when it is turn 5 for your opponent you are hidden and he cannot play a Prowler, attack you and steal a card from you. Instead he transforms BDB to get rid of a trap and plays a Soulseeker.