Close

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Transferring SC has been "disabled due to widespread abuse"?

I'm running a few contests/giveaways and now I can't reward the prizes. I'm sure there must be others doing similar things.

Can't you just limit transferring to Token Holders or explicitly block certain users who have been determined as abusers (of SC transferring)?

A blanket ban on transferring is neither fair on the majority of users not abusing this nor appropriate at this time, when many people want to be generous to others to help them through this tough time in our history and help them get the best out of this game that is perfect for playing at home right now.

Please address this ASAP.

Thank you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to bump this in case it got missed. The "widespread abuse" can be countered by limiting who can use it. Maybe limit to just Token Holders? We are invested in the game and earn SC each day for logging in and may wish to be able to give out that SC to help other players (mostly via contests) and boost the game. (That's what I'd like to do anyway.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Agreed, limiting to certain people like token holders would be smart. On Telegram we've been doing a game of posting a portion of a card artwork and getting others to guess what card it's from, and I wanted to give some SC for a correct guess, only to be reminded that I can't do this any longer due to banning of the tool.

Granting the tool to at least some users as you say would make fun little games or contests like this easier.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    ^ Agreed, limiting to certain people like token holders would be smart. On Telegram we've been doing a game of posting a portion of a card artwork and getting others to guess what card it's from, and I wanted to give some SC for a correct guess, only to be reminded that I can't do this any longer due to banning of the tool.

Granting the tool to at least some users as you say would make fun little games or contests like this easier.
    Hey man, I appreciate you speaking up. Nice initiative.

BlueJet was complaining about this too when we talked on Facebook the other day. He said it’s not worth running your own tournaments if you can’t send the prizes immediately - entrants don’t know when/whether they will get the prizes which reduces participation and the organisers all look slow and useless giving prizes when it’s all dependent on support request.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Yeah, leaving it up to Kyle to send out tourney prizes is a big issue. Enabling certain trusted tourney organizers this power would make tournaments much better.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with what is said here but I also gotta say that Kyle answers pretty fast if you contact him in telegram and ask for sc transfer or other game related stuff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SET Colosal View Post
    I agree with what is said here but I also gotta say that Kyle answers pretty fast if you contact him in telegram and ask for sc transfer or other game related stuff.
    That’s reassuring to hear but it doesn’t make sense for him to be interrupted for this stuff. He’s trying to get the next update ready.

Having said that, I do fancy getting a playmat made for my guild if I can get some members. It seems most players in the community are already affiliated! Perhaps if the SC transfer came back, I could share some of my SC with guild members to get their collection ramped up for WC qualifiers ...