Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Nishaven Campaign possible issue

Is it normal for battle 1-6 vs Ter Adun with Nishaven that Adun starts with a War Banner and Brutalis on the board in Easy Mode?

I did all the other Mage Campaigns on Easy, do not remember any setup like this. Nishaven is a bit tricky to use as is with his ability, I have tried both his starter deck and a custom one so far, still cannot get past it.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Nishaven Campaign possible issue

Quote Originally Posted by Storknest View Post
    Is it normal for battle 1-6 vs Ter Adun with Nishaven that Adun starts with a War Banner and Brutalis on the board in Easy Mode?

I did all the other Mage Campaigns on Easy, do not remember any setup like this. Nishaven is a bit tricky to use as is with his ability, I have tried both his starter deck and a custom one so far, still cannot get past it.
    I think the enemy deck has a lot of allies and you are expected to take a few hits before you use your ability to wipe them all out. You could also tweak your deck to add some Fireball or whatever. It might be that something went wrong and the Easy has the Medium setup though. I don’t have any records to hand about what it should be and can’t remember. Having said that, I do remember that things are meant to get harder (even on Easy) after the first 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am using the starter Nishaven deck to see how that feels for New Players.

I just tried the Boris campaign again on Easy using Boris' starter, 1-5 is when you last have that free Corrupted Angel at start and the AI got free cards on the board. 1-6 the Angel is gone but the opposing Gravebone gets a Infernal Gargoyle on board.

I am thinking the ones from 1-6 on are set up as if you have the Corrupted Angel out but you do not so the AI gets free on board allies when it should not.

I did all the Shadow Mage lines, none had cards on board for free for anyone. Did Eladwen and Aramia too some time ago but I forget what happened with them.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK now I got more proof. I have done some other Hero fights with starter decks on Easy mode.

1 - First there is the Shadow vs Human, I believe when the new Campaign system was implemented this was known and was to be figured out over time.

Humans get special battles vs low size decks sometimes below minimum amount normally needed but enemy Heroes are full health. For the first 3 with no enemy Hero plus the player gets the Corrupted Angel and the enemy gets 1-2 allies on board. 1-4 and 1-5 are vs the Elementals with special rules and each side gets at least one card on board. 1-6 on are supposed to be more like normal matches but enemy still has low size decks, seems the card on board is to comp for that.

Shadow gets no special battles, all enemy Heroes are 22 health and have full decks.

2 - I have done 3 Human Heroes recently up to 1-6 with their starter decks.

Boris had no problems vs Gravebone despite the Gargoyle Gavebone got at start, this I believe is partly due to Boris' ability being good for New Players out of the box.

Lance had issues vs Banebow who starts with a free Beetle Demon Bow out, I had to do it twice and even on the second time I almost lost was down to 2 health. Banebow easily wipes most of the Allies Lance relies upon leaving the 2 Ravens, Aeon and Earthen but the Earthen gets focused so would never proc his ability.

Nishaven, tried several times and realize this will be impossible for someone starting especially since Ter Adun CHEATS.

Yes Ter Adun cheats. You lose card draw from Tomes he deletes, lose armor and weapon benefits he again deletes, you lose most of your allies even if you are careful about your ability use since most of your allies can be easily wiped by your own ability and your Supernovas. On top of all that Ter gets 2 bonuses.

First he gets 2 cards on board to start, War Banner and Brutalis. Gravebone vs Boris had just a Gargoyle, Banebow vs Lance had a Beetle Demon Bow so Ter gets 1 better.

Second Ter's deck is ILLEGAL. Dude's got 5 Plasma Behemoths in it, this picture shows the zoom into his graveyard where I sent 3 of them you can see 2 more on board just above the second.

Combine this being Nishaven who has one of the harder abilities to learn, Ter getting 1 more card than other opponent's in 1-6 matches vs Human Heroes and the ILLEGAL 5 Behemoths, I am writing this off as impossible for a new person to do.

3 - Gonna have to see this again from the perspective of Shattered Fates Heroes especially Human ones. I do not remember when I did Tala or Aramia if they have the same special start, I do not know if SF Heroes are choosable decks for New Players as their first free one but I know while you get 20 more cards in them compared to Crystal Heroes, it is better to make a 40 card deck for them than use the as is 60 and their decks do not have the benefits of some Crystal decks such as the SF Mages not getting 3 Fireballs plus all SF decks have a 2x ally limit while Crystal decks get 3x of some allies. There may be a need to tweak SF Starters to 40 card decks for easier starts.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What you are describing was designed that way. A Gargoyle on board is much better than a crappy Brutalis and War Banner.

All Humans from CotC do start with CA to help them prepare for the invaders. All Shadow are the invaders and so fight Humans from the first battle. Note all new sign-ups only get Human heroes. You are meant to play a bit with Human before you move to trying Shadow.

Hope that helps.