Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Things to ponder by 1.30

I was thinking to myself today about things that would be nice to see in Shadow Era by 1.30. So I decided to list them and get your thoughts and opinions.

1) Mulligans for 2nd player. I know this game is built on first strike and I'm becoming ok with that. That said, I'd like to see a mulligan option (redraw starting hand -1 card) for the second player or even both players.

2) First Strike Defender. Protectors are good, but First Strike Defenders would be a nice addition. High attack (4-5) Protector creatures with 2-3 defense that cannot attack, only defend. High defense Protectors (Aeon) are merely an annoying speed bump. First strike make them a very nice addition to gameplay and their low health let them be taken care of easily with direct dmg.

3) Flying Creatures. Basically can't be targeted by ground creatures or swords/staves. Certain creatures may have the ability to defend flying without flying.

4) Ability to see your own cards on your replays. This would make my life better and my videos shorter if I played a game I didn't commentate and want to go back. Or just to study my moves in wins or losses.

5) Win/Loss ratio in the stats page with maybe an option to view it in multiple formats: "Lifetime" "Current Deck" "Current Version". Options to see performance with a deck going 1st or 2nd.

6) Better traps and traps for more classes. Counter spell traps. Pump traps. Extra resource traps (gain a resource when opponent does x). Also hide the traps by putting a ? next to their resource count instead of remaining total. Decoys for hunters as well to hide the traps. Plant a decoy that looks like a low health ally. When killed, a trap is revealed face down. Or a trap is sprung. Trap counters can be put in place if traps become op. "Destroy target item, ability or trap."

7) Game modes other then 1v1. Like MtG does with Castle and Hydra.

8) Epics can only found in boosters. Maybe add an auction system (AI or P2P) to trade epics for epics. All other cards can be purchased through the market.

9) 30 second Sideboard use before a match. You should be forced to add above 30 before subtracting for obvious reasons.

10) Resign button.

11) Profiles with basic info, viewable opponent record, rating, most used hero and Do Not Finish percent(DNF%) on opponents stat pages. With this, better matchmaking preferences to play with lower DNF% and a smaller rating gap, with the known repercussion of slower matchmaking.

12) I know chat and friends lists are being worked on.

What do you guys think should be considered by 1.30?
    Last edited by Killtrend; 05-11-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For the most part I agree with all above.

To add to the stats. I'd like to see an overall rank and/or win/loss like we do now in addition to one for each hero. Per version of the deck could work as well for win/loss.

One thing I've learned in computer games is that stats are always good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Black Ops "Combat Record" made me fall in love with stats.

They even have "most killed by" and heat maps of where you shoot your opponents most.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I was thinking to myself today about things that would be nice to see in Shadow Era by 1.30. So I decided to list them and get your thoughts and opinions.

Mulligans for 2nd player. I know this game is built on first strike and I'm becoming ok with that. That said, I'd like to see a mulligan option (redraw starting hand -1 card) for the second player or even both players.

First Strike Defender. Protectors are good, but First Strike Defenders would be a nice addition. High attack (4-5) Protector creatures with 2-3 defense that cannot attack, only defend. High defense Protectors (Aeon) are merely an annoying speed bump. First strike make them a very nice addition to gameplay and their low health let them be taken care of easily with direct dmg.

Flying Creatures. Basically can't be targeted by ground creatures or swords/staves. Certain creatures may have the ability to defend flying without flying.

Ability to see your own cards on your replays. This would make my life better and my videos shorter if I played a game I didn't commentate and want to go back. Or just to study my moves in wins or losses.

Win/Loss ratio in the stats page with maybe an option to view it in multiple formats: "Lifetime" "Current Deck" "Current Version". Options to see performance with a deck going 1st or 2nd.

Better traps and traps for more classes. Counter spell traps. Pump traps. Extra resource traps (gain a resource when opponent does x). Also hide the traps by putting a ? next to their resource count instead of remaining total. Decoys for hunters as well to hide the traps. Plant a decoy that looks like a low health ally. When killed, a trap is revealed face down. Or a trap is sprung. Trap counters can be put in place if traps become op. "Destroy target item, ability or trap."

Game modes other then 1v1. Like MtG does with Castle and Hydra.

Epics can only found in boosters. Maybe add an auction system (AI or P2P) to trade epics for epics. All other cards can be purchased through the market.

30 second Sideboard use before a match.

Resign button.

Profiles with basic info, viewable opponent record, rating, most used hero and Do Not Finish percent(DNF%) on opponents stat pages. With this, better matchmaking preferences to play with lower DNF% and a smaller rating gap, with the known repercussion of slower matchmaking.

I know chat and friends lists are being worked on.

What do you guys think should be considered by 1.30?
    1st idea - good
    2nd idea - good
    3rd idea - bad
    4th idea - good
    5th idea - good
    6th idea - okay. Hunters should have most traps and maybe some for Rogues
    7th idea - good, but fun games not for "official rating". Might be kind of a cluster-fuck to code too.
    8th idea - bad, increase price and decrease quantity at merchant instead, or make epics cost shadow crystals.
    9th idea - bad
    10th idea - good
    11th idea - good
    12th idea - good (being worked on like you said.)

Thusly have these ideas been reviewed and judged accordingly on this day of May 21st 2011.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    8) I'm down for paying shadow crystals for epics.

Why no flying? You could hand out a defense ability to creatures that already exist. Like gargoyle or jasmine (one hair flip and they'll crash, duh)
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    8) I'm down for paying shadow crystals for epics.

Why no flying? You could hand out a defense ability to creatures that already exist. Like gargoyle or jasmine (one hair flip and they'll crash, duh)
    I dunno, the game mechanics of this game are different (everyone has first strike, no blockers, no instants). If you gave one or two creatures "flying" and it was unique like everyone elses abilities (have you noticed everyone has a semi-unique ability?) instead of 1/3 then that would be okay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Thusly have these ideas been reviewed and judged accordingly on this day of May 21st 2011.
    So.. the.. timezone you live in.. is like Mars timezone?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    So.. the.. timezone you live in.. is like Mars timezone?
    Oh oops LOL. I must have wrote that because on my facebook page we were all having great fun making jokes about the Christians who think "Judgment day is coming on May 21st". INTELLECT FAIL!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh oops LOL. I must have wrote that because on my facebook page we were all having great fun making jokes about the Christians who think "Judgment day is coming on May 21st". INTELLECT FAIL!
    Derail block.

Any additional ideas?
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even so, that's next year :P
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!