Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fan Fiction Contest Chapter:1 with rewards!

Ok, simple stuff here. Write your best, worst, serious, funny fan fiction that you can and post it here. It has to be within the character limit of single post. I don’t want 100,000,000 words of text to read...

The subject will be... Furrion Terror

I will read and judge the submissions on my own. My word is final! Reward will be 1000 Shadow Crystals to the winner!!!

Cutoff date will be December 13th.

Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-03-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Prologue
    “When the earth trembles, it means jose’s bathroom exploded”
    You don't understand this phrase? Well, you'll have to stay with me until the end of this story.
    I'll take you for the worse places you can ever imagine and when the journey ends, you won't be the same, that… I promise.

Chapter one: the Terror

Year… no one knows… place...any lost broken hole in hell (not that waitress you met last weekend). Magma everywhere, heat intensifies as our hero advances forward. What brings him here? No one that appreciates his life should be in this place but he keeps pushing.
    Who is him? Not even him knows, the only thought in his mind is to advance following a far cry, a shout in the dark and heat that is weakening this stubborn being.

“It's near!” he claims excited “Just a bit more and I'll be there!” “once I reach it I'll have my answers!”

What he doesn't explain to us is that he doesn't even know the questions for the answers he is looking for. He just knows he's got to reach that crying that echoes in his head as a thunder.

He advances through the steam and magma until he sees, for the first time in his journey (that we don't know where it started), a living creature. This creature is horrible, made of magma, tall as a truck and doesn't seem to be looking for friends. “He didn't see me yet” claims our main character “what should I do? Every fiber in my body says I should avoid it but on the other hand he could have some answers” while our hero hesitates if he should approach or avoid the monster, the creature turns his face towards the human hiding from him. “Whor isr therer?” yells in a none so clear voice “showr yourrrrself!
    This monster seems to speak the same language as our hero but with a strange accent but still understandable. “I'm here and I'm not your enemy! At least not for now!” “I'm looking for answers and I won't stop until I get them”.
    The creature says as it advances toward our protagonist “Ir haver yourrr answerrrrs but I won't giver therm forrr frrree” “You'llr neerd to terll mer whyr I'mr herrre” “Irf yourr answerr corrrrrectlyr, I'llr herlp yourr tor finirsh yourr jourrneyr burt irf you'llr failr, I'llr eart yourr”

Our hero hesitated but suddenly something stroke his memory, he could remember that he knew the beast from the past and even its name “Furrion Terror is its name” he claimed. “My head aches but my memory is coming back slowly” “We met last night in a cavern not far from here, I can remember some kind of music but not why it was playing” “I also can barely remember some drinks and white powders” “aghh!...the hurts” our main character falls to the floor unconscious while the creature, that we know that Furrion Terror is its name, approaches to the lying body… to be continued

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yay! The fan fiction contests are back! Hopefully we get lots of entries this time. Come on everyone, it's fun!
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One could hear distant screams of scorched deaths. Something was coming. Something entered our world from the shadow realm. It must be drawn to the crystals like other wretched beings that keep coming from the other side but this one was different she thought to herself while reading in her chamber. She wasn’t sure if she was up to the task but she still wanted to try her new powers that were bestowed upon her through the crystal.

Elsewhere...

He passed through the vortex that opened to the other side. They hardly knew this world but they knew the call of the crystals and they couldn’t let go. They had to have them. His kin was known for burning and pillaging anyway and fire coursed even faster with the excitement of attaining greater power in his veins. He knew what his power was and his comrades knew it too. They decided it would be a proper entrance and didn’t care about their own casualties. It’d be a show of power. The moment they stepped on the other side everything around him died, burned to a crisp. Even Fire Snakes couldn’t take it. He left a fiery spectacle in his wake, soon everything turned to ash.

Later...

She arrived at last. She couldn’t believe her eyes. There was a large area of blackness in the meadow... the stench of death and fire had filled the air. Whatever came in through here, it killed everything she thought. Then, she noticed him.

“I sensed the power of the crystals coming this way” he said. “I didn’t have to walk this land of weaklings.” He was sitting on a charred stump. Then she realized he was the one who burnt the stump. She threw a fireball at him. “Hahahahahahaha” Puny mage. Don’t you see I’m the lord of fire? I was born in it. You can’t kill me... We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Now... Give me your crystal.

She smirked. “Well, this doesn’t make any sense but let’s see how you fare against ice. We, human mages, are adept in many elements”. Furrion Terror was his name. “What is that thing called “ice” you speak of? he said.

Eladwen: You’ll see.

She was channeling her power through her crystal and she let a bolt of huge ice at him. He was frozen in an instant. He was furious. “Whaaat? What is this sorcery?” He had never felt such a thing before. He started to feel weak in the knees. Somehow a fire snake had escaped his pompous entrance and was keeping him company. He told it “Tony, I don’t feel so good”. The little fire snake made a squeak in response and watched its master turn to soot and disappear into the wind.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 12-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    'HAAALT!'
    Karlstrads voice echoed across the killing fields just outside The Citadel as the sound of 10,000 boots faded to an eery silence.
    'Do you smell that Lieutenant?'
    'Yes sir, smells like flame'
    'And flesh. We must move quickly, mobilise the Bloodhelm Guard to take point, and send a rider out to Brothers Landing'
    'Right away Commander'

As the 10,000 drew nearer to the gate, the extent of the devastation became clear. The Citadel had fallen.

'Eyes up men, the enemy might still be here yet. Form up at the square'
    Karlstrad, clearly harrowed by what he saw, gripped the hilt of his blade ready for an ambush, his home reduced to piles of rubble ash and bone.

The Bloodhelm Guard formed a barrier surrounding the square, the monument that once stood proud at the centre now a pile of broken stone amongst the haze of soot that filled the streets. Stepping forward, Karlstrad felt something crunch beneath his foot and as he took a step back, his worst fear suddenly became a harsh reality as a locket, now broken, buried itself into the ash beneath his feet. Relieving the locket from its ashen bed, Karlstrad rubs the soot to reveal the inscription:
    D'uul hath kom Gae'd druu'm

'A gift for the ruler of Gaderi'
    Karlstrad whispered with a shaken voice. There is only one person who would have a locket with this inscription; His brother.

Gripping the locket tight, he turned to his Lieutenant.
    'We march for the throne room'

'With all due respect Commander, I think it's best we search for any souls that may be buried amongst the rubb-'

'We march for the throne room!'

'Y-yes Commander. Bloodhelms! Blades toward the throne room!'

The sound of boots crunching bone filled the air, Karlstrad with a burning determination strode closely behind the Guard formation.

Suddenly the ground beneath the men began to rumble.
    'HOLD! PREPARE YOUR BLADES!'

The earth shook with the force of a thousand gales, something big was coming, but then as swiftly as it came, the rumbling subsided and silence filled the air once more.

'GUARDSMEN! MOVE FORWARD!'

The temple began to emerge from the fog in the distance, the tower still aflame like a beacon of hope in the seemingly barren Citadel.

Just as the army closed in on the temple, the earth opened up and flames lashed forth with the heat of seven suns, the frontlines obliterated by the explosion, followed by a roar that could be heard across the whole kingdom.

'FUUUUUURRRRIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNN!'
    Karlstrad's lieutenant screamed, as the remaining guardsmen turned to flee.

'FALL BACK! FIND COVER!'
    Karlstrad yelled, darting for the nearest building.
    'On me Lieutenant!'

The two swiftly made their way into the basement of what used to be the cities blacksmith.

'Commander....what must we do? We've never faced such a terror before, there were 80,000 men here, we have but a fraction of that with the Bloodhelm Guard fallen'

'The only thing we can Lieutenant, live or die, we will not escape here without a fight'

'Manmade steel wont kill that beast, we wont stand a chance'

'I know'

Karlstrad looked down at the locket still in his grasp, a small purple crystal shard glowing faintly in the dark.

'Commander? Is that?'
    'A shadow crystal yes, but why does it glow?'
    'The Crystal's are said to glow when near something imbued with power'
    'Then what is it drawn to?'
    'Something in this room.'

The pair scoured the room with haste, looking for anything they could find that might help them slay the behemoth that was tearing through the army above. The only thing they found that wasnt destroyed was a chest that looked just like any other. As the last bit of hope drained from Karlstrads soul, he opened the chest.

'Lieutenant, you said steel couldn't slay this beast, what about a blade made of Dragon Tooth?'
    The pair gazed in awe, as the pearly blade glimmered with the purple glow from the crystal in its hilt as Karlstrad lifted it.

The Lieutenant extended his arm and they shook hands for what could be the last time
    'To the end Lieutenant.'
    'Aye Commander, to the end'
    And with that they made their way back out into the dusty graveyard above them.
    Fresh blood stained the cobbled roads, and the Furrion was searching for the remainder of the army that was once 10,000 strong.

The Commander and Lieutenant formed a plan, the Lieutenant would lure the Furrion past the remains of the weaponsmiths forge, allowing the commander to get close enough to strike from behind.
    The Furrion spotted the Lieutenant as soon as he stepped into the open and immediately give chase. Sprinting past the smith shop, balls of flame soaring past him, the Lieutenant signals the commander to make his move. As the terror passed, the commander stepped out behind it, letting out a battle cry with the Dragon Tooth blade thrust into the air. The Furrion turned its attention immediately towards the Commander and as flames cascaded from its jowl the Commander braced, but with eyes closed, instead of the searing pain of flame touching his skin, the Commander felt a soaring wind as cold as ice. Peering towards the Furrion, he saw a barrier, arcane in nature, cooling the barrage of cinder that was erupting from the Furrion.

'Come now Commander, let's finish this fight'
    'Frostmire!'
    The commander chuckled, as the 2 charged toward the now retreating Furrion.
    Boulders of ice met the Furrions fireballs, as the ice mage cast spell after spell, allowing them to gain ground on the beast.
    Eladwen cast a mighty spell, hurtling a huge shard of ice towards the monster, striking directly at its torso.

'COMMANDER, NOW!'

The commander wasnt close enough to strike, so he did the only thing he could think of. Lifting the Dragon Tooth blade above his head like a javelin, he used every bit of strength in his body to hurl the weapon towards the terror. The sun glistened off the blade, as it plunged itself deep into the Furrions chest, shattering the shard of ice. The Commander, his Lieutenant and the Ice Mage looked on, as the Furrion began to slowly turn to ice before shattering into a thousand pieces.

'Eladwen, you showed up just in time, as usual!'
    'I'll take that as a thank you'
    'Aye, if it weren't for you, we'd all be cinders'

The remaining men started to emerge from their hiding places and gather up near the Commander, no more than 60.
    The Lieutenant turned towards Karlstrad.
    'What now then Commander?'
    'We march for Sosilo. Gaderi has fallen'

The Ice Mage whispered something to herself, and the locket that Karlstrad had found began to float in front of him, mending itself before securing itself around the commanders neck.

Eladwen smiled at the Commander.
    'Your numbers may be small, but Gaderi has not yet fallen, Ruler'

Karlstrad nodded.
    'Today men, we lost our brothers. Today we lost our home. But today will not be our last, for as the dawn breaks, so do our enemies. We shall tread the fields of death and we will embrace the darkness that swallows this land. We are not broken, we are not afraid. We will march towards eternity as one, and gods help any poor soul that shall stand in our way. KRUM AK GAE'D!'

The soldiers raised their swords and shouted to the heavens. The tale of this day would be told for many generations, and they would become legend.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Three monsters arrive to the city entrance. They all look angry and as if they were looking for revenge.

"Finally" said one of them
    "long way but we finally arrived" claimed the second one.

The third monster remain silent.

"What now?"
    "Now we wait"

The three monsters prepared to spend the night outside the city waiting for something that will happen soon.

"So... we just wait until that person comes out?"
    "YES!"
    "How are we supposed to recognize our target?"
    "Once our target sees me, he'll surely try to kill me"

They stayed in silence for a couple of hours unable to sleep.

"Are you pretty sure this person will try to kill you?"
    "He was payed to do so"
    "Who payed him"
    "My mortal enemy: Furrion Terror"

The sound of this name made the other monsters tremble. These horrible creatures were scared as little babies once they knew who was their enemy.

"Don't worry, afaik only the assassin is in this town, Furrion won't be here"
    "The info I have is that the hitman was hired in this city. Lucky me you two were near and could join me in this task"

One of the other two monsters took a deep breath and said:

" Yeah, I was near this town looking for a free cave to habitate and ambush the merchants that cross this path"

The two monsters raised their looks towards the third monster...

"What about you? Your answer to my request was the fastest from you two. Were you near?

The third monster smiled and stood up...

"I live in this town..."
    Last edited by SET Colosal; 12-09-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Emore. A world of fire and flame so hot that if you were to journey there you could feel its heat 3 days before you actually arrived. Not that anyone would ever want to travel there, the inferno-like climate rivalled the chills of Lyth in terms of sheer inhospitality. That being said, a select group of hellish beings did call Emore home. These beings were born from the fire itself, formed by the flames, almost like a Braxnorian Weaponsmith heating iron to forge his weapons.

When the Shadow Gates began opening thanks to the power of the Shadow Crystals, it came as little surprise to the residents of Emore that the Furrion Terrors were the first to charge through Emore's Shadow Gate. The Terrors had a repution for always being the first to enter a battle, and this tendency often meant that the Terrors would leave complete destruction in their wake, before anyone had a chance to fight back. This was even true among the other
    residents of Emore, who despite generally being resistant to the Terror's flames themselves, where often still overrun by their sheer numbers and element of surprise. Even Infernus, ruler of Emore often had trouble keeping the Terrors in line, as did Rothem to an even greater degree, as the Terrors would frequently end up scorching the other members of his Shadow armies.

One morning as Zhanna meditated in the Temple of Arada, she was disturbed by the entrance of her trusted general Viska. "Master, a Fleet-footed Messenger has arrived from the Garina Road outpost" said Viska. "A band of Furrion Terrors has raized their encampment and are heading this way!" Zhanna was perturbed, not wanting to abandon the temple of her chosen member of the Seven, but also knowing that their fortifications were not sufficient to withstand the Terrors' furious assault. "We Retreat then" she responded. "Evacuate the temple and head to Fort Rothem!" "Yes Master!" Viska replied as she exited to begin the evacuation. Zhanna, not entirely sure that even Rothem's Fortress would be strong enough to withstand the fires to come, said a silent prayer to Arada, even as she could already feel the great heat of the Terrors approaching.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok! More submissions than last time... and the winner is...

I couldn’t decide lol. Ross has an epic write up. Absolutely amazing! But... the firesnake named “Tony”... I cant stop laughing at that lololol

So, I’m going to give split prizes of 750 SC from my stash to both.

Great job you two and everyone else as well. Hope we get more participants next time.

Please leave me you in game name of the account you want me to send you prize to.

Until next time!
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I need to hear moar about FireSnake Tony. Lmao
    good write ups everybody, nice showing

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.