Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance... lol... no more stealth? XD

Ok... so... I’m already laughing at the outrage and outright ridicule I’ll get for this but i don’t mind as long as a discussion is had.

What are your thoughts on removing the “Stealth” option from Lances ability? We’ve already crossed the “no erata” line with changes to CoTC cards and I feel like this might be something worth considering.

In the early stages of SE, Lances ability was just so “meh” because of his lack of options. Now with cards like Fagin, Nathanias, and Dhalia + Fagin who can come in and give you double value, I think the stealth is a bit too much. There is a reason these types of allies don’t have stealth, it can be a game breaking ability. Especially on huge bodies.

This stealth makes it so you have to either be a Human class with retreat or Elemental with MC to have good options to deal with his ability + massive ally. Also the fact that you can ramp your resources with Stop, Thief! to get to those fatties that much quicker.

Would you still pay 4 SE for a hasted + Ambush Nathanias?

Just a thought. Now, bring the hate lol
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't say that tanks with stealth can't be a pain sometimes, specially if you are playing Boris and you got your bf removed by eriss and now you gotta wait one more turn to kill her with DT XD

I think the answer is in looking for other control cards that would allow you to kill her regardless of stealth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm ok with lance's ability. It's actually the haste that's ideal to be countered. That's why Brax hurt him so much in DP. Just have haste counters in your deck.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    DP was another world. Another time. The problem is the haste counters are now heavily countered by Lance. You have:

Covert Operative
    Dhalia
    Stun Turret

Three different options that you can fit into a solid deck. Usually your counters can water down your deck. For Lance, all three of these options don’t water down your deck at all. Brax is only one card and maybe you have 2-3 copies. Perhaps it was partly to give Lance a fighting chance that so many counters came about. Or, it was just new cards that all together took away this weakness by chance.

I’m not saying that we should kill Lance. Just that his ability always had the potential to be powerful and actually has the potential to keep getting better with newer releases. It doesn’t hurt to look.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I faired pretty well vs lance when I was playing Boris. The solution (for Boris) is retreat and also bad santa.