Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] SE lock Eladwen

Thinking of a true form of aggro? I am sure everyone has their first days of Shadow Era with Eladwen.

Hero: Eladwen Frostmire

Allies (19):
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Layarian Knight
    4x Midnight Sentinel
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Priest of the Light

Abilities (12):
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Supernova

Items (4):
    4x Amulet of Conjuring

Locations (4):
    4x Gaderi: Braxno Citadel

= 40 cards

I was planning to build a SE lock deck. Apart from the old school Shadowspawn Elementalis, I realise Gaderi: Braxno Citadel and Priest of the Light forms a golden pair, and the duo goes well with an aggro mage build.

Gaderi is an under-valued card that reads 0cc: your opponent lost 1SE, your allies gain defender for 1 turn. The only downside is its -1 card disadvantage, which can be easily solved by Amulet of Conjuring, as it gives you lots of cards but -1 resource every turn. The 1 turn defender looks useless in normal mid-range deck, but its extremely useful in aggro mage. One extra turn your allies live means a lot of extra damages to your opponent. You could use burn spells to lower opponent allies health so that they couldn’t even attack your allies.

Why Eladwen? My original build goes with Loest which has more versatility, but I found that I have to play Amulet on T4 most of the time and I couldn’t use loest ability as it needs 5 SE. Eladwen is therefore the better option here as her ability requires 4SE only, which you can still play it after dropping Amulet.

No Seductress? This is rather debatable. Whilst her ability is extremely useful, I found that she is not an aggressive play in this deck. You want to go super aggro and let Gaderi to do the defense. Seductress sets you in a passive position.

Game plan is simple: death race. Go for face whenever possible. Wasting your attack to clear up opposing allies is usually not optimal.

Your best match up is lance (quite sweet right?) They couldn’t do much before you nail them. Weapon based deck is tough. Try to flood them with allies before they could recover. Potl and Gaderi would help a lot to deal with Baduruu.

You can replace Midnight Sentinel and goes back to Masked Bandit, but the extra health and ambush is actually quite nice and fit the aggro theme.

Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems to be a stand-up against Elemental Metagame. Aggro pure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck concept ! How about use some retreat?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting deck but I'm not sold on Amulet of Conjuring. It stops your SE regen altogether and you lose a resource on top if you want draw? Can you explain the inclusion of this card to me? What about the good old Tome of Knowledge?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RsHello View Post
    Nice deck concept ! How about use some retreat?
    I would say Transmorg is a better control card if we need one, but normally I don't add control cards in aggro mage. Just burn them down before they can recover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Interesting deck but I'm not sold on Amulet of Conjuring. It stops your SE regen altogether and you lose a resource on top if you want draw? Can you explain the inclusion of this card to me? What about the good old Tome of Knowledge?
    Tome is way too slow. Amulet is an extremely powerful draw engine but you need the right play. Always play a card first before you activate it so that you can still use the "lost" resource every turn. It stops your SE regen which means you can only use Eladwen ability once per game. Save it for the biggest threat that you cannot solve by Nova. Sometimes you don't need to activate it - say you are at 5 resources and want to play double nova next turn.

Remember you don't need to kill every allies your opponent have. Your only goal is to make their lives down to zero. With the draw from Amulet it is not abnormal to have a handful of fireballs on hand to finish off in 1-2 turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    ... say you are at 5 resources and want to play double nova next turn.
    I guess you meant double fireball. Thanks for the insight. I might try your deck later. I agree ToK is too slow now. I hadn't played for a long time with a human mage before posting my previous comment. It seems other classes got a lot better in the last few years.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 11-05-2019 at 12:36 PM.