Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow... just wow... This is by far THE worst deck suggestion I've tested from people posts here...

Sorry if I sound harsh... but i'm not that experienced in this game, and I often come here to try and learn about new deck themes.
    When I read the title named "coockie Cutter" I expected the results to be somewhat different then what i actually got...

I can't really think of ANY situtation where this deck will have ANY advantage over ANY other deck, unless, MAYBE if I start first and the other side gets a really really bad draw.

I've played TONs of games with it on around 220 rating (which is where i do well with all my other decks) and it's always the same:
    If the other side drops ally before you do, and you start with Now your mine on turn 2 as you suggested, the game is already over, bcs the round after they will just drop another ally, and you've wasted a turn, just to waste it again on "hopefully" another killer. More and more allies will drop, and it will always take at least one round to get rid of each ally droped, up until maybe turn 5- 6 where the board is so completely not yours that it's game over.

never EVER did i manage to cast bloodlust on more then one ally, I NEVER got to the point where 2 allies of mine both survived more then 1 round, and the worst part is, that I run out of cards so quickly, It's not even funny.

This deck has no ability to turn things around. EVER. That's just not possible.
    To be able to turn things around you need a killer + Ally drop in the same round, and with the hero being all defensive (no offensive ability), you're left to try and turn the board with your spells alone, which is just too much of a high cost to do in the early rounds (4 -5), which are crutial.

I tried many varietions of your deck, with and without weapons, and with other allies (low cost ones, to get to bloodlust earlier etc). The concept just does'nt work.

Wolven have no mass damage ability, no reset bottun, and basically just slow slow death.
    I hope wolven get fixed soon, cause frankly it's broken. Not your fault abviously, but they are.

Now, I would normaly not even bother posting about your deck (I made a user just to be able to post this reply...) but the fact you called it "coockie Cuttter" really built up my expectations.
    So... anyways

Just had to write it down.
    Last edited by Unthrak; 05-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    As in you would thrash me?
    lol no mate i dont tell i will thrash you, but i am sure you will change thinking about your deck succession in some situations you havent thought..
    And i wont tell much cause this will only spoil my deck build up :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't mean cookie-cutter as in it will beat every deck in the meta. In fact, I mean cookie-cutter as in it's the only ally Moonstalker posted so far. Sorry if I misleaded you. But anyway:
    @Unthrak: If it performs like that, you are not playing it properly. Ideally, after you NYM, you drop a Gargoyle if they played an ally. Considering adding one more actually. Maybe Fire Snakes as well? So, this is the ideal setup going second against human aggro:

Turn 1: Nothing
    Turn 2: NYM
    Turn 3: Gargoyle
    Turn 4: Kill their 3 drop with another NYM or drop Captured Prey/ Rabid Bite
    Turn 5: Plasma Behemoth
    Turn 6: More allies
    Turn 7: Full Moon+Bloodlust and end the game.

I find it a little bizarre that you're losing at the 220 range. Everybody in that range is easy to beat. But, I guess I'll need to test this deck more...
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... Played with this deck more. I now understand why some people think that this deck is crap. In long, drawn out matches, this deck doesn't have much chance of winning. It's fast and brutal and can run out of steam. And I found that vs Elementalis, it isn't as sound as I first thought. I went 1-1 vs 2 Elementalis decks. Both were pretty standard Elementalis, with 4 MCs and some energy discharge/AOA. The first one, I just plain ran out of allies. The second one went right down to the wire and when I won, I had no cards in both hand and deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    WRAGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had the most annoying match ever against a Nishaven played by DevilMask. Some time in the middle of the game, I cut off his draw supply and he had a card a turn. I just played my allies, thinking it was over, but he kept on getting the exact card he needed! Kept on drawing burn spells! And kept killing all my allies. And I had a Poison Gas on so I kept on taking damage a turn. At the end, I just quit. If I knew the friggin' defeat hack, I swear I would have done it in this match! It was THAT FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!!!! Sigh, whatever...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Hmm... Played with this deck more. I now understand why some people think that this deck is crap. In long, drawn out matches, this deck doesn't have much chance of winning. It's fast and brutal and can run out of steam. And I found that vs Elementalis, it isn't as sound as I first thought. I went 1-1 vs 2 Elementalis decks. Both were pretty standard Elementalis, with 4 MCs and some energy discharge/AOA. The first one, I just plain ran out of allies. The second one went right down to the wire and when I won, I had no cards in both hand and deck.
    Yup, that scenario sounds familiar....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok then, I will add more allies and cards for more staying power. I will experiment with the combination.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The thing you have to understand is that since I'm the first one to make an ally-Stalker deck, I don't have any other ally-Stalker decks to model my deck on. I probably shouldn't have labelled this cookie-cutter...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Actually, stuff 30 card cookie cutters. I'm not gonna succeed with this deck as it is. As it is, it's just an inferior warrior deck. I've decided to go for a versatile deck crammed full of allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol Resh, 6 out of the last 7 posts are from you....