Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Dev update July 31 2019

Development Progress
    We passed a big milestone recently with completing the work to upgrading to the latest Unity game engine and an overhaul of the special effects system, including adding sound effects everywhere. Playing the game will soon feel much more satisfying!
    There is also a new main landing page and consistent status bar so that you can get to where you need to be much easier.

These new things are currently scheduled for release in v3.70, most likely by the end of August.

As a reminder you can follow along with the dev progress at:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Balance Changes including CotC
    Going all the way back to the first set, we're nearing completion of a huge batch of balance changes to almost 50 cards. This batch will first being going on the public test server in early August, to ensure that everything holds up and its ready for a live release. More information to follow when it's ready!

Waves gaming portal
    We received word that the Waves gaming portal is finally ready to be released, which will heavily feature Shadow Era blockchain cards and also support direct credit card payments from many countries. Not only will this give us alot more exposure to Waves users, but it will make onboarding of users not already exposed to cryptocurrencies much easier. A special announcement will be made when it goes live. Their promised $30k advertising budget for Shadow Era is also ready to kick in! Update: release date is Aug 8

Operating Surplus
    Since around April, the game has been operating with a healthy positive cash flow, and saving money for larger investment back into the game. Whether this will take the form of art for new cards, advertising for user acquisition, or something else entirely will be put to the vote for token holders to decide.

Publishing Opportunity
    Our partnership with Waves has given rise to a few interesting business opportunities. One of them is The Abyss, which has expressed interest in publishing Shadow Era under a non-exclusive, revenue sharing deal where they would handle all the user acquisition. Once all the details are worked out, it will be open for discussion and put to a token holder vote.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Dev update July 31 2019

That all sounds very positive. Will the updated Unity with new effects be part of the testing in early August? This has always been an area where we got tripped up by new bugs/features that screwed over our actual release. It will also give a chance to get feedback on the effects.

August could really be a great month for testing out all these balance changes and the new bells and whistles added, and it should lead to much community engagement.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if possible i would like to make 1 suggestion: after every 20 wins, you'll be awarded with chest and foil, however the statement on top of screen was fading too fast thus most people do not clearly know which foil he/she got. can we rectify this? reuse the chest image+click to open are good start
    same for chest rewarded when completing campaign

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't like the idea of having a smaller sized card display on the field (like mtga & heartstone) I think the best thing SE has going for it is the feel of an actual TCG and the cards showing full size is vital for that.

Also it would ruin the look and contrast of foil cards and normal cards. I personally have invested my money on SE to get my foils and I would hate it to have my cards changed after I struggled to get them for years.

Also the headbutting cards is super lame as well, specially when all other games have it. I would focus on a better quality animation of the different type of attacks (claw , bow, fire, etc)

No need to copy these other games with every feature, we all know how it turned out when they tried copying the maps... just don't do this please

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurai View Post
    I really don't like the idea of having a smaller sized card display on the field (like mtga & heartstone) I think the best thing SE has going for it is the feel of an actual TCG and the cards showing full size is vital for that.

Also it would ruin the look and contrast of foil cards and normal cards. I personally have invested my money on SE to get my foils and I would hate it to have my cards changed after I struggled to get them for years.

Also the headbutting cards is super lame as well, specially when all other games have it. I would focus on a better quality animation of the different type of attacks (claw , bow, fire, etc)

No need to copy these other games with every feature, we all know how it turned out when they tried copying the maps... just don't do this please
    Good points. SE is the most authentic TCG experience you can have on digital right now. I don't know if scrapping that will lead to increase in income or playerbase and may work against us. If, however, there was an user OPTION to have the classic look or this HS/MTG-style then it could be win-win. I'd guess many original SE players would be upset to lose the authentic look the game has always had.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah sounds like a very good plan that we would have an option. I think that’s how we dealt with drag and drop: we also kept the old good click mode along with it.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great idea Gon. A skin with an on/off option would definitely please everybody. Although I still don't understand why this type of cosmetic feature made the priority list..

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.