Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Old player checking back...

I have left this game long ago..Dont remember exactly,, 4 to 5 years ago. The game was having massive potential but it was having no updates and many struggles. Wondering has anything changed? It was an awesome games back in the days...
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nothing changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nope, it's just as much of a dumpster fire as it's always been.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't think it's fair to say nothing happened in this time! A massive amount of stuff happened between 1st August 2017 and October 2018, when there was an active Board of Directors and investment happening in development of cards and features. You can see from all the posts in Announcements from that period.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to support gondorians assessment of that timeframe. I thought the game had begun to turn a corner with reworks and new cards. Regular splash page updates and timely fun events.

Sadly the change in management has brought a return of little in game communication and a focus on features (blockchain/waves) that casual players and guilds don’t want as much as fresh content and timely card tweeks. This is a similar phenomenon to when the physical game was being developed to the detriment of the digital and to a lesser extent shadow tokens as well.

The continued success of this game, which is still one of the best I’ve ever played, is reflective of the game not its underlying architecture or financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyworld View Post
    I would like to support gondorians assessment of that timeframe. I thought the game had begun to turn a corner with reworks and new cards. Regular splash page updates and timely fun events.

Sadly the change in management has brought a return of little in game communication and a focus on features (blockchain/waves) that casual players and guilds don’t want as much as fresh content and timely card tweeks. This is a similar phenomenon to when the physical game was being developed to the detriment of the digital and to a lesser extent shadow tokens as well.

The continued success of this game, which is still one of the best I’ve ever played, is reflective of the game not its underlying architecture or financing.

From someone that came back after a long absence... can you explain the change in management?

Before I left, Kyle was doing something with players owning the game or something (shadow tokens?), but I don't know how that all worked. Upon returning about a month ago, there seemed to be a lot of improvements with the newer cards, updated art, campaigns, and revised merchant. However, as a returning player, I have no idea what the "blockchain" stuff is nor does it interest me. Is it a way to finance the game to keep it going?
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Old player checking back...

Yes. The tokens were a way to put the players in more control of the game. A board of directors was selected (along with design teams) and gondorian was more or less the public face of that ownership. He organized alt of events and was very active on forums and in-game communication.

Last autumn the situation changed and Kyle is running things again. Perhaps I was being too coy in my description. Sorry for the confusion.

Blockchain is a new type of card. You can have three versions of the same card. Classic, foil, and blockchain. I’ve not looked into it too much as I have 4x of every card I use, but it, in effect, has a separate marketplace for it that uses the tokens as currency rather than the gold used in the classic in-game merchant. Waves is basically a wallet for your tokens.

Hope this helps but anyone please chime in if I am way off-base.

Last edited by Ballyworld; 07-30-2019 at 07:14 PM.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh thanks man! Thant clears things up.

If I can ask a couple of more questions: If SE was withering back then due to slow updates, why did SE go back to the old model again? Did Kyle's schedule clear up? It seemed like there were a lot of improvements done in the time of the Board of Directors thing and I would hate to have this game go back to the way it was.

I can say personally as a player, that when I came back... 1 of the first things I did was spend real world money on boosters to get all the new cards. New cards and game updates are what I would spend money on. Blockchain/waves and all that I don't care about, but maybe i'm in the minority....
    Last edited by Darkloki; 07-30-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    If I can ask a couple of more questions: If SE was withering back then due to slow updates, why did SE go back to the old model again? Did Kyle's schedule clear up? It seemed like there were a lot of improvements done in the time of the Board of Directors thing and I would hate to have this game go back to the way it was.
    I can’t help with that question. The change was behind the scenes and no clear statement was made here on the forums. Some rumors and speculation have been floated around here, but I’m not sure how much I would trust those without a detailed post by Kyle, gondorian, and/or the board at the time.

At this point,we are unlikely to get one and I am not certain what difference it would make anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gotcha.

Thanks for catching me up on all the news!