Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @AnAdolt
    Thanks for the advice. Yup i think the timing may have to do with it.
    I'm not entirely confident about breaking out of the rating bracket though. I was around 220 when I first ran into a whole series of exploiters, something like 11+, with maybe 2-3 wins in between. Then i dropped to 170. Lucky enough to meet 2 decent chaps who play fair and managed to win the matches, but my guess is i'll probably get stuck in this 170-240 and maybe above bracket, since I'm only gaining a few points per victory, and 1 loss sets me back more than 2 wins. And to make things worse, its messing around with my gameplay and overall "fun" experience, since I find myself trying to "extend" the game (i have to assume they are all exploiters for now, since i do meet more exploiters than players who play fairly atm, and that they will instantly hit that red button if they feel they are losing) by making less threatening decisions.
    In short, I just want to play to explore strategies/game mechanics, but these exploiters are making it really difficult now.

@rumsey
    I tried playing on both PC and phone, but getting the same experience. Perhaps its just my luck. Will just keep playing more and see how things work out
    Oh and thanks for the tip, didn't know that!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't feel bad it happens to me a lot more than normal too, maybe 3 out of 10 matches on average, sometimes higher though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, one other thing to keep in mind, if you're playing on the PC and you're doing something else on another monitor, the Shadow Era page stays frozen. So if you're taking your time surfing on another window and come back to the game by clicking on it, it will then activate but might show you a defeat screen already because you actually timed out but you didn't see this because the browser window with shadow era wasn't activated. Nearly happened to me several times where I was doing something else and I forgot that the browser didn't have the focus and I was just waiting. Then when I clicked on the camera button I suddenly saw the quit button pop up with just a few seconds on it. But I must say, you have extraordinary bad luck. Let's just hope you pass it on to some of the exploiters you get matched with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @danae
    I cannot say for certain that all of those 8 out of 9 defeats were definitely due to exploits. Especially when they all occur one after another, I understand I might just have been frustrated and sought the easier way out by claiming they exploited. The 1 exception might have been against an Amber Rain player, whom i understand can stack up a nice damage with Berserker's Edge(hope i remember right), since I might have failed to pay attention to the number of times Amber dealt damage.

But for some of the other matches, even though I wasn't sure about how draw damage(damage taken from empty deck) and max hand size worked, I do remember enough that my hp was definitely not in the low single digits, but rather double digits like 15 or 16 at least when i got defeated at the start of my turn(with no status effects on me). Or else it happened when I was attacking the enemy hero or even ally, and then I lost. Is there an effect that reflects damage dealt that can deal me over 15+ pts of damage?

But anyway, I know what you mean about either neglecting certain details, or perhaps through my lack of knowledge of the game (which i most whole-heartedly agree with myself!) I might have lost the match. I will just have to play and try to learn more. It's just that when I browse the bugs section, there seems to be no small number of threads posted, which makes the entire experience more bewildering, and somewhat paranoid.

But I do apologise if i have inadvertently wronged anyone on my part, I never meant to flame anyone in this thread, especially if your experience has proven otherwise. It's more like I'm kinda disappointed - a case of too much in too little maybe? it is roughly 24 hours since I played my first match. The first few were fun and most enjoyable, I even spent a little on shadow crystals to get cards to set up a Majiya deck according to Yaemon's build which was certainly most instructive, then made a deck with Gwen and followed by Elementalis. And then everything came crashing down.

But thank you for pointing that out though. Because you have helped to bolster my confidence that exploiters might not be as common as I thought (a few hours ago), and that I might be wrong after all (and glad will I be if I am!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yup thanks folks, I'll just clench my jaws(/equips What Big Teeth) and hang in there! I'm still learning the game anyway, so I'll just try to make do with what I have and learn what I can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great starting choices, 3 solid decks. At low levels you will probably have best success with Gwen and once you stop facing people with 60 card decks a move to majiya will result in more utility and options, while requiring you to play more thoughtfully and rewarding you more.