Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Someone on Facebook commented on the difficulty of new players to understand exactly what to put into a deck and a clear line of sight for how to improve their deck.
    How about in the deckbuilder there is the option to publicly share decks, and view a list of submitted decks for your current hero and be able to import it or get a notification of what cards are missing. Bonus points for offering to buy the missing cards with gold with one click. People can rate decks and leave comments. Makes the deckbuilding process more social, gets players to try out different decks and be buying more cards
    Yes x1000 I've suggested this like 50 times the past 6 months

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Someone on Facebook commented on the difficulty of new players to understand exactly what to put into a deck and a clear line of sight for how to improve their deck.
    How about in the deckbuilder there is the option to publicly share decks, and view a list of submitted decks for your current hero and be able to import it or get a notification of what cards are missing. Bonus points for offering to buy the missing cards with gold with one click. People can rate decks and leave comments. Makes the deckbuilding process more social, gets players to try out different decks and be buying more cards
    +1 to this idea. However you wanna implement it, I can't see it being anything but beneficial.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    If the tutorial is on rails it won't matter which heroes get picked as you can explain the basics with any of them, so Loest and Rothem would be fineI don't think limiting the starter heroes is a good idea. The info given doesn't need to be in depth, just the hero powers and a brief description of what the class is good at e.g. 'Mage - Burn your opponents to the ground with powerful spells, or create an army of reanimated minions to do your bidding'

Looking back some more on this I think another option could be to just give new players a starter deck for hero from each human class. Compared to competition, SE offers far less free stuff at the very start. Not being able to try more things beyond one deck they get can be a turn off for some players. To compensate giving away more free stuff from the very start you can tweak economy in other places, like gold sell value of cards, 1/2 of buying price is possibly too generous for healthy economic system. Even 1/3 of value would still be far more generous than any other online tcg I played. And then you can also squeeze in some daily rewards without making card collecting too easy.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would be a slick approach yeah. I think economy wise it could something simple like common:common 2:1, common:uncommon 4:1 etc etc

Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn