Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Dev update: Unified Merchant

Introducing the integraded card market, where you can buy, sell, and even trade blockchain cards from one place! You can easily see the number of each type of card at a glance.

It also includes a fully featured card filter, just like in the deck builder, so you can find what you're looking for much more easier.

And we're excited to announce for the first time, the mythical "Sell Extras" button! It will automatically sell normal cards that you have more than 4 copies of (or more than 1 of heroes), with options to also sell extra foils, and to sell normal cards that you have foil versions of. A quick way to clean up your library and get some extra gold!

So how does the blockchain card exchange work? It's a secure centralized exchange done on the blockchain, with prices and fees in SHDW without the need for extra currencies like Waves or BTC.

• Place your order to sell or buy at quantity and price you want.
    • The cards or full price is sent to the central server along with your order.
    • If there is a match, you will receive the results of your order right away.
    • Otherwise, your order will remain until it is filled or cancelled.
    • Fees are 0.3 SHDW per card, to cover the cost of the blockchain transactions. Remaining fees are paid even if you cancel the order.

All this great stuff is coming in the next release, due out in a few days.

So what's up next for the dev team? The new guys have been getting up to speed with working on all the balance changes including a ton of old CotC and other changes that should really shake things up. Once the design team has a chance to test things out a bit, it will be hitting the live server pretty quickly.
    The rest of the LL set is also being coded up, shhhhh
    The Waves team is still finishing off their gaming portal, so their pledge of $30k worth of marketing budget for Shadow Era is still tied to that and delayed a bit more. But you might have noticed the shiny new landing page on shadowera.com, it also includes behind it a bunch of analytics and install tracking and attributing users to marketing campaigns, and all that marketing goodness.

And now we're starting perhaps the most drastic and exciting change in the game's history: updating the gameplay to be more streamlined and quick, with a modern feel, complete with a new set of special effects and ... dare I say it... sound effects! Look for dev videos as we dig into this!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last paragraph made me happy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't personally care about blockchain but about time you guys changed the merchant filter. Question is, considering how far better the new filter is, what took you so long?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What happened to the improved tutorial and daily quests that we established, as a player-base and group of Token Holders, should be prioritised?

Once this release is out the door, I really think we need a Token Holder Vote to determine what comes next, and also regular communication between Kyle and the Token Holders and players. Disappearing for a month and then showing up with whatever you felt like doing is not a model I see working very well for the game and its players.

For what it's worth, I think the priority should be:

1) improved tutorial that players are thrown into as soon as they sign up, before they have to choose a hero and name. We talked about this already and I got the impression it was going to be done.

2) daily quests to encourage people to play regularly each day on multiplayer.

3) ensure gameplay bugs don't start accumulating. Hopefully the Caged Savage / Power Surge bug that didn't get fixed in the last update got fixed this time.

From a non-dev point of view, I'd ensure in-game news and social media stay updated and generally just be around more to listen and then incorporate feedback into what you work on.

I share all this with the best intentions for the game, the players and my 11% stake.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New visual and sound effects? Nice!
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about quests? Are they gonna be added in the game too?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would be nice if Pick-a-Card gets implemented in Merchant as well. Could give foils by default because nobody uses it for non foils anyway.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yeah, pacs. I think they should be replaced with wildcards like in MtG Arena.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Would be nice if Pick-a-Card gets implemented in Merchant as well. Could give foils by default because nobody uses it for non foils anyway.
    Need Like buttons for this
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I support adding pick a card to in game merchant too