Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

any recommendations?

Somewhat experienced Magic DOTP player here. I just got this game yesterday after a friend recommended it to me.

I'm really enjoying it. I accidentally clicked on Boris as a starter deck, so I've been just using that deck and building on it. I'm ready to start building my second deck. I'm not really looking for a deck that's easy to use. Perhaps something that's the complete opposite of the typical Boris build?

Thanks in advance.

justin
    “The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.”

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi justwilliams. Glad to hear you are enjoying Shadow Era.

The Boris starter deck you have is somewhat of a hybrid, with a mix of allies and control cards. A "typical" Boris would usually be more ally-centric, so if you want to go in the opposite direction then you would be dropping the ally count and using more of the suppressive attachments like Crippling Blow and Enslave the Beast and also more weapons. Since his ability is perfect for dealing with 4 cost allies and below, you would absolutely want some Dragon's Tooth for dealing with bigger. Then you also have to consider what your win-con might be if you are not going to dominate the board with allies and win with them.

Unless of course you mean with a different hero. In which case, which Shadow starter deck did you get for free on signing up? I believe it should be a different class to Boris.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!

If you are looking for a different experience from Boris, I'd recommend you mages. While Boris is more a control/fat allies kind of deck, mages are more burn/rush oriented.
    For difficult decks to play, priests are hard to play and they are top tier in meta right now.