Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne21Ray View Post
    May I ask why the nerfs for Ascetic of Aldmor and Suspended Animation, 2 of the least used cards as I have observed in multiplayer.
    They are both buffs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But still I haven't seen them being used that much or most of the time not at all in rated and tournaments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I do not mind buffing neglected cards to give them more of a chance to be playable and all but still, have to observe whether these cards will be used more in decks in rated and tournaments after the buffs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jerry is a difficult hero to play right. Most people don't know how to build for him and how to play him, but if you do (75-80% skill is enough, I consider myself to be around 85%) it's difficult not to understand how OP he is.

You nerf Garina? Fine, I don't even run it
    You nerf Crimson? Fine, this minor nerf makes the deck possibly 1% weaker.

The reason why I criticized the skills of the dev team is that they refuse to see what's straight under their eyes. Even teched decks have difficulties vs a top class Jerry piloted by a top class Jerry player. There's no one blinder than the one who refuses to see, we have a community of experienced players, make a poll, ask people, do something. In case you don't I'll just keep on playing those OP Jerries like others do, maybe changing for something else when too many highly teched opponents are around. I'm saying this mostly for the sake of the game, people don't enjoy facing a deck that

1. Builds OP boards and draws insane amounts while doing so without losing any tempo
    2. Wipes boards and cripples them with Zail/Embers
    3. Heals while doing 1. and 2.
    4. Mills with endless allies and attachments while doing it.

I played a game vs SamIamIam, Jerry vs Vic. He drew like Vic normally does, by t12 (when I won the game) I had drawn 19 cards more than him, some of which I chose from 3 possible draws (Chalice). Does that seem normal or moderately OP to you guys? Sorry if I was harsh before but we're not talking about some minor details and people refusing to see the reality as it is make me angry.
    Last edited by Wimbled; 05-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Please can I ask why Garina is now set for (double) nerf at the moment?

If there are particular cards being used to abuse it, like Adlard, then I think they should be looked at first or at least as well. For example, I really don't think Adlard should be offering any healing (and maybe make it 1 damage by default and conditionally 2), as this just promotes long games and moves the goal posts for honest decks that are just trying to kill you before they run out of fuel. If you work against this aggro style so it can't hit its goal in time using all its cards due to too much healing by the opponent, it then just encourages people to go bigger or just give up on decks that are aimed at damage ASAP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I have to be honest. Garina doesn’t strike me as even being on the cusp of problematic card status. It certainly is a card to keep an eye out for as it could potentially becoming problematic.

I would speculate that the confluence for unaxio engine is very worrisome in regards to priest. Also general of unaxio could possibly be a card to alter.. making for unaxio legendary sounds perfectly reasonable although I don’t think that’s going to hurt too much.. normally one per turn is all you need, and there is also hand space limitations early to mid game.

This is very inelegant solution but something like.. for unaxio.. At the end of your turn if your hero has an attachment and you posses 8-9 ish resources your hero takes 1 unpreventable damage. Return for unaxio to your hand.

General of unaxio maybe... until the end of your turn attachments cost 1 more to summon, and your hero loses health equal to the number of attachments summoned this turn.

I do believe that minor tweaks such as these might suffice. Too often cards get obliterated.. I think that should be a last resort. Start small, consider ancillary effects. Would hate to see “oh confluence is too good for priest, nerf confluence.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 05-14-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    ice info