Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preview of Balance Changes to SF and LL cards for 3.68

Hi,

To address current dominance of control priests in the meta, and to make some less played cards stronger, following changes to SF and LL cards are considered for implementation in the next game version.

Knight of the Crimson DuskAbility changed toOnce per turn, when damage is dealt to Knight of the Crimson Dusk, your hero heals 2 damage. Once per turn, when damage is dealt to your hero, Knight of the Crimson Dusk gains +1 health and has +2 attack until the start of your next turn.” (from “When damage is dealt to Knight of the Crimson Dusk, your hero heals 2 damage. Once per turn, when damage is dealt to your hero, Knight of the Crimson Dusk gains +1 health and has +2 attack until the start of your next turn.”)

Anmor: Garina RoadAbility changed toThe first ally with cost 5 or greater you summon each turn costs you 1 less resource. 2SE: If you control no allies, seek an ally with cost 5 or greater. // The first ally with cost 5 or greater you summon each turn costs you 1 less resource. 0SE: If there are no opposing allies, take control of this location.” (from “Allies with cost 4 or greater cost you 1 less resource to summon. 2SE: If you control no allies, seek an ally with cost 5 or greater. // Allies with cost 4 or greater cost you 1 less resource to summon. 0SE: If there are no opposing allies, take control of this location.”).

Ascetic of AldmorAbility changed toWhile no ability was activated with shadow energy this turn, Ascetic of Aldmor has +1 attack. 0SE: Target opposing ally loses 1 base attack if its controller has resources greater than or equal to yours. “ (from “0SE: Target opposing ally loses 1 base attack if its controller has resources greater than or equal to yours.”)

Towering BruteAbility changed toTowering Brute has +2 attack while damaged. Opposing allies have -2 attack and meek the turn they enter play.” (from “Towering Brute has +2 attack while damaged. Opposing allies have -2 attack the turn they enter play.”)

Suspended AnimationAbility changed toTarget ally with ice attack or item in a graveyard is returned to play under your control as a Homunculus ally with 2 ice base attack, 3 health and no abilities: all opposing allies are frozen for 1 turn.” (from “Target item in a graveyard is returned to play under your control as a Homunculus ally with 2 ice base attack, 3 health and no abilities: all opposing allies are frozen for 1 turn.”)
    Last edited by Veles; 05-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tnx for nothing.
    Sinister Always Pays His Debts

European Shadow Era Champion

First SEF champion

Wanna join A1 ? Contact me on TELEGRAM @MrArcy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are CotC banned cards going to be changed and unbanned in 3.68?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I think that the retirement of the ban list was what everyone was expecting. These balances seem meaningless compared to that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SET Colosal View Post
    Yeah, I think that the retirement of the ban list was what everyone was expecting. These balances seem meaningless compared to that.
    Those are still happening independently of these.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Those are still happening independently of these.
    At the same time or after? And will it just be the five banned cards that are changing or are you still insisting on changing more?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Why the double nerf to Garina? Not sure this text will fit either. Just change 4 to 5 on it if you're sure it needs to be tweaked. That will already completely change the decks possible with it (as opposed to having people never use it again). Or leave opposing at 4 and have friendly at 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I think twice is fine .. what u could expect more from " director" of design team who have 132 rating points.. no wondering why this game is collapsing day by day .. always had some sort of power if I can name it like that incapable persons ..
    Sinister Always Pays His Debts

European Shadow Era Champion

First SEF champion

Wanna join A1 ? Contact me on TELEGRAM @MrArcy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    At the same time or after? And will it just be the five banned cards that are changing or are you still insisting on changing more?
    When it happens depends when Kyle implements them.
    List of CotC changes will be posted soon which includes cards not on the ban list.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Why the double nerf to Garina? Not sure this text will fit either. Just change 4 to 5 on it if you're sure it needs to be tweaked. That will already completely change the decks possible with it (as opposed to having people never use it again). Or leave opposing at 4 and have friendly at 5.
    Over the course of a match that "ramp" adds up quickly and for 0cc investment that is too good. NC having same ability is not that relevant because they didn't build their deck around it. There are also more ramp cards planned down the line that could put Garina over the edge again.

― Nikola Tesla