Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Card Bug List - 3.63

Hi all,

v3.63 was just released with 28 new cards, two balance changes and card bug fixes.

Hopefully, all was implemented perfectly, but there are probably some bugs lurking in there somewhere, waiting to be discovered and reported by our very helpful community.

That's where you come in! Please report card bugs that you find in 3.63 on this thread - ideally with a reference to a match that took place (names of both players) and any details that might be relevant to the bug happening.

If you aren't sure something is a bug, please post it in its own thread for discussion first. If you are not using 3.63, please see other bug threads for whether your bug has already been found and fixed.

Please note: If you have experienced a bug that isn't related to a card or group of cards behaving incorrectly, it's best to put that in its own thread. I'm tracking incorrect card behaviour here and then fixing accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation with this.

KNOWN REPORTED CARD BUGS IN 3.63

SE-1152 - Hypnogician passive is not working correctly on his controller's turn. (Fixed in 3.64.)

SE-1153 - Nanaya's automatic attack should not exhaust her. (Fixed in 3.64.)

SE-1154 - Krugal Quickshot is not requiring different targets with activated ability. (Fixed in 3.64.)

SE-1155 - Jace Mortlock should not be able to steal Support Abilities (Fixed in 3.64.)

SE-1156 - Covert Operative can cause crash when hand becomes full after his summoning. (Fixed in 3.64. Workaround: Don't bounce your own ally if you have 7 cards in hand when IGG can trigger to draw you a card.)

SE-1150 - Accelerate is showing already-revealed cards (e.g. via Meat Wagon) face down. (Confirmed in 3.62)

SE-998 - Eternal Troll killed at the end of turn sometimes behaves as though killed at start of the next. (Requires major overhaul of turn-ending and turn-starting code, so deferred for now, but we might finally prioritise it.)

Power Surge on Caravan Smuggler gives resource to opponent at start of their turn. (see above)

SE-1020 - Hit List can be activated when an opposing Twilight died at the end of opponent's turn and was revived by Twilight Eidolon. (See above.)

SE-971 - Bazaar draws cards before effects triggered by Crescendo destruction have finished. (See above.)

Other similar bug: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....cer-Shroud-Bug

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *Moved to own thread*
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 FakeKiki vs Dexter99

Dexter99 has Hypnogician in play but no cards in hand he does not own. Fakekiki has cards he does not own. Fakekiki uses Coercion on Hypnogician and then Covert Operative on Hypno. Hypno doesn't bounce back to FakiKiki's hand as it seems to retain steadfast.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When using Power Surge to Caravan Smuggler, the new resource goes to the opponent.
    According to the text on Power Surge, Caravan Smuggler should be killed at the end of the turn, not on the opponent turn.
    Fix it properly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshirt View Post
    When using Power Surge to Caravan Smuggler, the new resource goes to the opponent.
    According to the text on Power Surge, Caravan Smuggler should be killed at the end of the turn, not on the opponent turn.
    Fix it properly.
    Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, there are known bugs with end of turn timings (see first post), which can't be fixed properly until whole end-of-turn / start-of-turn code gets an overhaul. In this case, it sounds like Smuggler was killed at the end of turn, but the game has already started doing the opponent's turn by the time the Smuggler was considered dead. Please believe me that if we had infinite time and resource to code and test this, then we would have got this done already.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    A1 FakeKiki vs Dexter99

Dexter99 has Hypnogician in play but no cards in hand he does not own. Fakekiki has cards he does not own. Fakekiki uses Coercion on Hypnogician and then Covert Operative on Hypno. Hypno doesn't bounce back to FakiKiki's hand as it seems to retain steadfast.
    That damn Coercion card creates so many corner cases! This should be fairly easy to resolve with the clear steps to reproduce it. Cheers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, there are known bugs with end of turn timings (see first post), which can't be fixed properly until whole end-of-turn / start-of-turn code gets an overhaul. In this case, it sounds like Smuggler was killed at the end of turn, but the game has already started doing the opponent's turn by the time the Smuggler was considered dead. Please believe me that if we had infinite time and resource to code and test this, then we would have got this done already.
    I got it and understand the situation you have. I just am pleased if you fix Caravan Smuggler and Power Surge though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshirt View Post
    I got it and understand the situation you have. I just am pleased if you fix Caravan Smuggler and Power Surge though.
    It sure would be a nice combo if it worked correctly but I'm afraid there is no simple fix for it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    That damn Coercion card creates so many corner cases! This should be fairly easy to resolve with the clear steps to reproduce it. Cheers.
    It's not Coercion bug, but seems Hypnogician has always steadfast: i never can return it to my hand.
    See Aerithlynn vs 17 Scop or others my games.
    IGN: 17 ScoP
    1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RNGscop View Post
    It's not Coercion bug, but seems Hypnogician has always steadfast: i never can return it to my hand.
    See Aerithlynn vs 17 Scop or others my games.
    Thanks for confirming. I believe he will still bounce when opponent's hand is empty but otherwise he probably won't on your own turn.