Close

View Poll Results: What is the most important thing?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better Tutorial

5 31.25%
  • Better Interface

6 37.50%
  • More Cards

3 18.75%
  • Social Media Advertising

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Players Committee

Hello everyone. Shadow Era has always benefited from a strong community with people who are willing to volunteer their time and energy to make this game better. That's what motivated us to form the Players Committee: a united group of volunteers that can help organize those interested in making the game better and growing our community.

We currently have six members (and are looking for more! Please reach out if you are interested in joining us): Ross Edwards, Nik Veles, Mananexus, Jose, Thorium, and BT Mojorge.

We have been tasked with finding the direction of Shadow Era's future, and have narrowed down 4 possible paths. Part of our jobs is to collect feedback from the community. You can help us by responding to our poll!

Do you have any questions for us? Concerns that you would like to voice? Please let us know in the thread below. We will address anything posted here.
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Players Committee will also be organizing the 2019 World Championships of Shadow Era. If you are a guild who would like to run a qualifier tournament, please visit this thread here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....891#post616891. Thanks!
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope "more cards" also includes cat cards -.-
    TJ Catalina
    @CatVanPatton

When Life gives u lemons - TAKE A NAP!

Join us on Telegram and Discord!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I voted for a better tutorial cause we are having a lot of new players that have no idea of what they are doing most of the time. Also any good game needs a good tutorial

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are 744 cards in Shadow Era. Amount of cards doesn't sound like an issue. Viability of the available card pool is something that needs a real looking at.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    There are 744 cards in Shadow Era. Amount of cards doesn't sound like an issue. Viability of the available card pool is something that needs a real looking at.
    And that 744 number does not include the remaining cards to be released in Lost Lands and Campaigns.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    As with every other TCG/CCG in existence, not all cards are meant to go in a top tier deck. Different players like different things, so the viability of individual cards has to be judged from their different perspectives.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I voted for Tutorial to convert more installs into players.

Side note: Social Media Advertising is not a direction, and I would put engagement (two-way communication) above advertising (one-way communication). Whatever direction you pick, you can't neglect social media and should aim for minimum 1 post per week, but ideally 1 per day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I vote for a better interface, as of now Shadow Era looks very ancient compared to other games in the market. Changing the interface is important aspect to attract new player and it will refresh the look of the game for us veteran.

I would also like to add more gameplay mode, not just campaign, multiplayer, and melt down mode. We already have a big card pool, a new gameplay mode would enrich gameplay experience and open up a new strategy to talk without worrying about balance. The new gameplay can be start every weekend and end 3 days after, player will also ranked differently. I already have few ideas for a new gameplay mode such as :

- Shuffle Mode : your Heroes will have their class card changed to different class (e.g: Warrior will have Hunter Card, Mage will have Rogue Card, Wulven will have Elemental Card, etc) and you get to build it from scratch.

- Draft Mode : The mode would be almost the same as meltdown, cards will be provided randomly but you get to select which will be your play card and which will be your opponent card (if you play Clash Royale you would understand this)

- 2v2 mode / battle royale : This mode have been already talked before, if you manage to add this I believe it would be a big addition for the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I vote social media advertising. By this I’m considering something along the lines not necessarily just advertisements per se, but more about developing connections with people who can advance the game in whatever facet possible. I would be reaching out as many big twitch tcg streamers as possible. If you convince someone like kripparian or kibler to partner up I think that could go a long way.

How much is this game worth? Could offer up a percentage of the game and or a salary, get someone like kibler on board can not think of any one better.. should reach out to him. See if he’d be willing to talk if not ask him what he’d charge for a couple days of his time to at least look into the game, and decide if he wants in or knows anyone who might be of use.