Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Preview of Balance Changes for CotC Cards

Quote Originally Posted by LeonTheBarbarian View Post
    Hey you can still play Poisoned Well Aramia, it has not been touched . Just like a few others. Actually, I believe with cards like ones proposed here and current SE’s cardpool, it should still be perfectly possible to come up with some decent solo and stall decks. Only not so (too) abusive (and efficient, of course) as previously.

P.S.
    There is strong reason for Armor of Ages to give dmg up front - with damage when destroyed it unfortunatelly can still be played in a effective trolly fashion. With stats as I proposed trolly efficiency should get better balanced with cons for the user.
    I'd just do one damage to hero per turn (but not Sustain) to represent the tough weight of the armor and mean they can't just stall out for who knows how long without the penalty until opponent finally gets rid to trigger destruction damage.

By doing 1 per turn, if it sticks for many turns (while stalling) it could end up costing lot more damage to user, which is how it should be. I think 5 up front would probably just kill off the card entirely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1 hp dmg also seems like fine proposition. However, a good opponent can often do away quite fast with some copies of armor, so more punishing (and hindrance - risking loosing game faster and, all in all, seems more often compared to slow ping by 1 dmg) for stalling user seems the considerable health dmg upfront with each fresh copy he would like to summon. Also it s more of a risk-reward for such user then, if he manages to make it so that AoA does in fact last longer (which is not always easy and often requires successfull struggle for board). So I belive the 5 dmg up front, while not completly making this armor useless, should make its potential users really think twice before using it, especially multiple times. I belive the fast gameplay of SE and ease of using multiple copies (especially because of recursion) requires it to be more punishing upfront rather than very slow ping dmg.

I ve just noticed - I thought current DT’s proposition for Full Moon includes also 1 damage reduction to all allies (or could be just Wulven allies for flavor) apart from +2 attack to all allies, 1 combat and 2 ability dmg reduction to hero, while it doesn’t. While this doesn’t make it bad proposition, please do consider adding this bonus also (1 dmg reduction, or just maybe combat damage reduction, to either all allies or just all Wulven allies) as without it card could possibly be a bit too weak. This could also foster using allies with it more in decks rather than just going solo.
    Last edited by LeonTheBarbarian; 03-28-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also note I m proposing to make Armor of Ages to be 5 dura 5 defense, while it used to be 6 dura and 6 defence at same cost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Come on, the new Lay Low is definitely a trash, unfit for a proper class card. I disagree that slapping "ambush" is going to make up for it. Just look around with the already existing card which is far more superior :

- Cover of Night, 3cc human ability, all friendly allies have stealth for 2 duration.
    - Valiant Defender, 2cc Warrior ability, all friendly allies can't be attacked for 2 duration, a much more superior form of stealth with lower cost.

Heck I don't know how Warrior have much better way for stealth than Rogue. Just keep the way already it's but minus the Hero so only all your friendly allies will be hidden for 2 duration. Rogue should be far more excel in stealth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    Come on, the new Lay Low is definitely a trash, unfit for a proper class card. I disagree that slapping "ambush" is going to make up for it. Just look around with the already existing card which is far more superior :

- Cover of Night, 3cc human ability, all friendly allies have stealth for 2 duration.
    - Valiant Defender, 2cc Warrior ability, all friendly allies can't be attacked for 2 duration, a much more superior form of stealth with lower cost.

Heck I don't know how Warrior have much better way for stealth than Rogue. Just keep the way already it's but minus the Hero so only all your friendly allies will be hidden for 2 duration. Rogue should be far more excel in stealth.
    I agree, i have tried to make Lay Low work in decks that dont use Knight of Unaxio for years and also i never found Lance/Knight combo too difficult to beat anyway, but to slap on ambush?!? ... Lay Low --> ambush? it just doesn't appear to have much thought put behind it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Solo decks in this game are our very definition of NPE. Their purpose is to completely stall out opponents board while slowly chipping away at opponent health. It's most certainly not a "fun and engaging" activity.
    well, it's not a pleasing experience however it's ok to play against solo decks, this game need varieties, i don't want to go in every game expecting another ally swap deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're set on armor of ages dealing damage, at least limit it to opponents turn
    Metacognition.me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AoA - leave as is but reduce duration to 3
    HS - attached to an ally block all damage once and destroyed, attached to hero block 5 damage and destroyed
    Crescendo - at the end of your turn all opposing player's allies have their hp reduced by 1 and all your allies gain 1 hp
    ITF - hide your ally for one turn, maybe hide your hero also but exhaust hero
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd suggest these changes to Armor of Ages: stats to 0/6; Ability: Your hero can't attack or defend (or "is disabled"). Al combat damage to your hero is reduced to 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Solo decks in this game are our very definition of NPE. Their purpose is to completely stall out opponents board while slowly chipping away at opponent health. It's most certainly not a "fun and engaging" activity.
    Chaining Rain Delay and Full Moon (or ITF) for eight turns sounds bad. In practice that does not happen. (Not that easy or common to achieve even when needed. Anyone can try. ) I can speak only for a solo Darkclaw, but in my experience the matches are usually over a lot earlier to my own or to opponent's defeat. Sometimes no Rain Delay or Full Moon are needed, but in average a solo Darkclaw uses a couple of them at some point (like 2 – 4, not necessarily chained) to hide from opponent's full board control. The need to hide (and the uncertainty involved to draw the right tools for that) is just the very drawback of a solo deck.

At any of those times, usually just one ability removal card would secure the victory to the opponent. It is surprising how few decks pack any (or get nervous and waste it too early), though many good players are able to squeeze in the diversity needed. Even if not having any ability removal, it is not as if the opponent is frozen and can't interact. He / she can:

Summon more allies
    Summon items or attachments of his / her own
    Use items
    Destroy items or attachments
    Heal, do ability damage or a hero attack (against rain delay)

All actions very much affecting to the outcome of the match.