Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Reevaluation of Ban List for Rated

As you know, in version 3.60 a ban list for rated multiplayer was implemented. It currently includes:

- Into the Forest
    - Lay Low
    - Soul Reaper
    - Armor of Ages
    - Crescendo

Reason for that decision was that all cards in the list have been doing more harm than good by having negative impact on player experience. Choice for banning, instead of rebalancing right away was made mainly due to two reasons:
    1. To see what impact complete removal of cards will have on the meta.
    2. Business policy at that time was not to make changes to physical sets.

You can read more about this here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Rated-in-v3-60

Now, with greater focus on digital product, time has come to revisit these cards. I think that, for the most part, their absence from the game had a positive impact. That is why we are not unbanning them in their original version, but we are considering changes that will address common complaints from players regarding negative experience they have when facing these cards in multiplayer.

Do you think some of these cards have redeeming qualities worth saving or should we go for more drastic tweaks to them? Is there any other card from Call of the Crystals and Dark Prophecies sets you think has equally negative influence on game experience?
    Last edited by Veles; 03-21-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla