Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sure

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mean it's a no brainer. Everyone should move to discord. The benefits are hard to ignore.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer Discord over any chat software

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see how discord could be better for this specific community. We don't have team oriented game play that would need fast communication. Any setup to make rooms or private chats is also in telegram and with every update they add more and new features.
    If your reasons are the voice feature, SE players are from around the world and like in my case, most of us can type in English but barely can speak it. I can understand that those players with English as native language could find discord better cause of its live voice chat but for our general community is not better than telegram. In fact I find telegram more user friendly.
    I guess that since we are all gamers here, most of us have discord installed already and is easier to move in there but as I said before, I find telegram more user friendly.
    Let's go back to IRC!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SET Colosal View Post
    I don't see how discord could be better for this specific community. We don't have team oriented game play that would need fast communication. Any setup to make rooms or private chats is also in telegram and with every update they add more and new features.
    If your reasons are the voice feature, SE players are from around the world and like in my case, most of us can type in English but barely can speak it. I can understand that those players with English as native language could find discord better cause of its live voice chat but for our general community is not better than telegram. In fact I find telegram more user friendly.
    I guess that since we are all gamers here, most of us have discord installed already and is easier to move in there but as I said before, I find telegram more user friendly.
    Let's go back to IRC!
    creating new servers or channels in discord is very easy. I keep the SE discord running because players coming from other games are already used to being on discord. many don't want to use something separate just for SE when they use discord for all other games. so either way, the discord server is there. if people want to make a forum post to schedule things like later popups or other events or discussion for everyone to see, that option is there too.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SET Colosal View Post
    Let's go back to IRC!
    It's just that you're used to using Telegram. Discord is just superior. Anything Telegram has Discord also has and more. I hated that I had to install Telegram again because I already had Discord.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It isn’t only about voice chat. You can still communicate in text there as well. It’s just that it has more options, more flexibility.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle mentioned that it's actually possible to sync in-game global chat with Discord general chat. If that happens, I'm not sure I'd ever use Telegram again. XD
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ha! Interesting. Even if the global chat and discord doesn't work together, discord has an overlay that can work in-game with most games on PC at least. Not sure if it works like that on mobile. On PC Telegram messages block the skip and end turn buttons when a new message comes.

edit: Never mind. Discord overlay doesn't work with SE currently.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 12-03-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree to the fact that when it comes to Gamers, the main chatting and communication app is Discord.

If you need help in navigating the Discord application Techslott Discord Guide might help you