Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.66

Hi,

Firstly, I am glad to introduce new members of Voluntary Design Team: A1 Haunty, A1 ommegang, BP tman507, BT Mojorge and TJ dubdub. They are joining buqs and me to work on new card designs and card balance of existing cards. Speaking of which, we present following changes to address the current meta:

Braxnorian Weaponsmith - Ability changed to "When Braxnorian Weaponsmith is summoned, you may seek a weapon with cost 4 or less and place it on top of your deck. If that weapon's cost is 3 or less, draw a card." (from "When Braxnorian Weaponsmith is summoned, you may seek a weapon with cost 4 or less.")

Black Market - Ability changed to "Allies and items you do not own cost you 2 less resources to summon. 4: Draw a card from target opponent's deck." (from "Allies, items and abilities you do not own cost you 2 less resources to summon. 4: Draw a card from target opponent's deck.").

Crusher of the Weak - Health reduced to 4 (from 5).

Heavy Ballista - Durability reduced to 2 (from 3). Ability changed to "Once per turn, when a friendly ally with cost 4 or greater is summoned, Heavy Ballista and that ally gain +1 base attack." (from "When a friendly ally with cost 4 or greater is summoned, Heavy Ballista and that ally gain +1 base attack.")

Gemstone Javelin - Ability changed to "0SE: Target opposing ally takes X damage, where X is Gemstone Javelin's attack + durability. Gemstone Javelin is destroyed (or exiled if its base attack is 2 or greater)." (from "0SE: Target opposing ally takes X damage, where X is Gemstone Javelin's attack + durability. Gemstone Javelin is destroyed.")

Nanaya, Yari Conqueror - Ability changed to "Your weapons and other Warrior allies have +1 attack. Once per turn, when another friendly ally leaves combat with an opposing ally, Nanaya attacks that opposing ally if able." (from "Friendly non-Yari Warrior allies have +1 attack. Once per turn, when another friendly ally leaves combat with an opposing ally, Nanaya attacks that opposing ally if able.")

Power Surge - Ability changed to "Attach to target friendly ally until the end of the turn. That ally has +2 attack and +5 health. When Power Surge is summoned, that ally takes 1 damage and attacks target opposing ally if able." (from "Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +2 attack, +5 health and it is killed at the end of your turn. When Power Surge is summoned, that ally attacks target opposing ally if able.")

We are looking forward to your feedback!
    Last edited by Veles; 03-17-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good, can't wait to test it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, my concern is still the interaction between jav and plunderer. Jav in itself gives a huge value for 4cc doing 5 damage to any ally but combine it with plunderer and it gets completely insane. So early board game aside, at around 8 resources you can do insane damage with jav (5+3=8) with the help of plunderer and end up having a 3/5 body on board. This is too much value for 8 resources, since you've already probably wiped out the opponent's board and have 3 damage ready for next turn.

For this, I have 2 suggestions:-
    1. Make a change to Jav to activate ability on 4cc ally or less only so that it doesn't affect higher cc allies and the opponent gets a chance to retaliate.
    2. Make a change to plunderer to only bring back weapons with cost 5 or more and completely kill the interaction between plunderer and jav.

Personally I'd mix something up like this:-
    1. Weaponsmith remains as it is right now.
    2. Plunderer can bring back 5cc weapon or more.
    3. Change jav ability to this:- 1/3: 0se: Target opposing ally takes damage equal to sum of jav's attack and durability and destroy jav. Whenever jav is destroyed, draw a card.

So now for 4cc, the weapon can do 4 damage and can also compensate for being destroyed. Plunderer interaction is nullified. Elementals get a reason to play the jav, and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Scout; 03-14-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nanayas new wording would seem to indicate that ALL warrior allies are buffed not just those on your side. Plus, javelins should be exiled, no matter what the stats are at end of turn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you compare it this way, Plunderer is the same as an 3/5 ally with haste that does 2 damage + special effect (assuming that most weapon have 2 attack). Normally this kind of ally should have at least 5cc or if they stay 4cc it should have lesser health or attack.

I agree that Nanaya new wording should have "Friendly Warrior Ally"

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    If you compare it this way, Plunderer is the same as an 3/5 ally with haste that does 2 damage + special effect (assuming that most weapon have 2 attack). Normally this kind of ally should have at least 5cc or if they stay 4cc it should have lesser health or attack.
    Reasons why the power level of Plunderer does not break the "Power Curve" in my opinion:
    1) This is a class ally, with an effect that exemplifies the strength of its class, arming your hero with a weapon so they can attack/defend at least once.
    2) The ability only works if you don't already have a weapon out, so sometimes he will just be a 3/5 ally for 4cc.
    3) The ability doesn't work if there is no weapon in a graveyard yet, so sometimes he will just be a 3/5 ally for 4cc.
    4) Given the conditional aspect of the ability, this is quite far off being like a hasted 3/5 ally for 4cc.

I do think the recent buff that gave +1 base attack to the weapon was unnecessary, and I've said as much before and after it happened, but I still don't think he breaks the Power Curve in current state.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A note about Nanaya. We decided to go with this version:

Your weapons and non-Yari Warrior allies have +1 attack. Once per turn, when another friendly ally leaves combat with an opposing ally, Nanaya attacks that opposing ally if able.

With version in the OP it seemed possible Nanaya would be autoinclude in all Yari decks and replace Xander in his function of buffing other Yari allies.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    A note about Nanaya. We decided to go with this version:

Your weapons and non-Yari Warrior allies have +1 attack. Once per turn, when another friendly ally leaves combat with an opposing ally, Nanaya attacks that opposing ally if able.
    Thank you so much for not breaking the game.

Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do not think weaponshimt nerf is needed have u play competitive just look at the ladder
    top 10 no warriors only low rated complain for me game is balanced and u bringing baned cards back I believe with so nerfs next jev nerf fine . wulwen nerf fine all good just no need weaponshimt nerf warrior not in a good spot right now and that mania buff don't change much its all about early game weapon at the top cmon. BTW I agree that javelin was op but after nerfs just fine u can nerf it again till the ground stiil be a card just don't touch weaponshmit
    Last edited by Arch1Q89; 03-23-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i didn't think weaponsmith needed a nerf either. if anything i felt like wulven prophet needed to be buffed :-)
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor