Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Integrated Waves Wallet in v3.65

I'm happy to announce that work on the integrated Waves wallet in v3.65 has been completed, and will be released in the next few days. It features automatic wallet address generation, import and backup functions, and buying/selling SHDW right from within the game. This is an important first step before blockchain cards are made available, and we're looking forward to the Waves Platform team helping to promote the game!

Q. How are the Waves wallet addresses generated?

A. When you start up the game client without a Waves wallet assigned to it, a new private key is generated using a cryptographically secure random number generator. This key is stored encrypted on the device, and never sent over the web. Any transactions are first signed on the device, and then the public transaction data is sent to the blockchain.

Q. How is the Waves address linked to my account for rewards?

A. When a new wallet address is generated, or when you import one, your device automatically signs a message with your private key and sends it to our server. When our server verifies that the signature is correct, your Waves address is linked to your account and you can begin to receive daily rewards. Because your private key never leaves your device, it is a secure way to verify wallet ownership.

Q. How do I fund my account?

A. You can transfer WAVES or SHDW to the wallet address displayed in the game. It will then show up in the game within a minute or two. If you have other cryptocurrency such as BTC or ETH, you can use a service such as changelly.com to deposit the exchanged WAVES directly to your Waves wallet.

Q. How long do transactions take?

A. The Waves blockchain is very fast, and most transactions are confirmed within 1 minute.

Q. How do I backup my Waves wallet?

A. Since the private key is stored on the device, it is lost if the game is deleted, and you won't be able to access your wallet again unless you backup your seed phrase. On the Shadow Tokens Dashboard within the game, you can press the Backup Seed button to begin the backup process. After you re-enter your password for security purposes, the 15 word seed phrase is displayed. Write the seed phrase down and keep it in a safe place! You can also use this seed phrase to import your wallet into any other Waves client, eg the client.wavesplatform.com website or the mobile Waves clients on iOS and Android.

Q. Can I import my existing Waves wallet and use it in the game?

A. Yes, by going to the Dashboard on the Shadow Tokens screen, you can press the Import Wallet button. After you enter in the 15-word seed phrase, the wallet is imported and automatically linked to your game account for rewards.

Q. What if I play on multiple devices?

A. If you play on more than one device, eg iPhone and PC, by default they will each have their own private Waves wallet generated. It can be a good idea to have the same wallet appear for every device though, especially when blockchain cards are available. In this case, from the main device you can Backup the seed phrase, and then Import it on other devices.

Q. How does buying and selling SHDW work?

A. You can buy and sell SHDW right from within the game, after you have funded your wallet with some Waves. The interface is simplified, allowing you to just enter in the amount of SHDW you wish to buy or sell, and press the button to make the order. You will automatically get the best price available (a market order) and within a few seconds your balances will be updated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's the minimum buy amount?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think there is a minimum, you just pay the trading fee of 0.003 Waves per trade. I just bought 1 SHDW and it worked fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i meant, the minimum amount of waves needed to start the in game account. The how to start part isn't included in your original post

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When you first go into the Shadow Tokens screen, a Waves wallet is automatically generated for you. So there is no minimum Waves, you start with 0 Waves and 0 SHDW. Then you can transfer SHDW or Waves to it another way, since the address displayed is a normal Waves wallet. You don't have to buy/sell from within the game, it is just an easy to use tool if you think that the normal Waves DEX is scary looking and confusing.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It sounds a lot like there will no longer be a way to have multiple wallets linked to the same account. I'm not really comfortable having my wallet accessible from every device I play SE on or sharing my seed with every SE client I use. If you can support multiple wallets linked to one account, then I can just have new ones made on each device with a few SHDW in to play around with, without having my main wallet (with over 1 million SHDW and other crypto in it) less secure than I am comfortable with while still getting appropriate perks (daily SC bonus and auto-foils) from my grand total of SHDW linked to my account.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes it still supports linking accounts using the old way (manually transferring shdw to the control address)
    You can also use the new in-game interface to import your wallet(s), or keep the brand new one on each device.
    The links are cumulative, so you can have 5 wallets for example and they should all add up for rewards.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yes it still supports linking accounts using the old way (manually transferring shdw to the control address)
    You can also use the new in-game interface to import your wallet(s), or keep the brand new one on each device.
    The links are cumulative, so you can have 5 wallets for example and they should all add up for rewards.
    That's great. I see 3.65 is out now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If we never exercised our shadow token option from being KS backers how would we do that on the new interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyworld View Post
    If we never exercised our shadow token option from being KS backers how would we do that on the new interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As stated in the whitepaper, if you missed the boat it was donated back to the game in the operating pool.