3x Death Trap
    4x Ricochet Trap
    3x Stun Turret
    2x Helm of Saymeht
    4x Gemstone Javelin
    4x Soul Seeker
    2x Spelleater Bands

Deck Code: 1227538B

Okay guys, here it is. I am finally giving my secret weapon away to the public. This is by far the funnest deck I've build in a while. And there isn't a thing I would change in it.

So I'll give a bit of description of the deck, and why I play certain cards.

Now unlike all other 80 card decks (tower decks are what their generally referred to as) this is not a stall deck, it is not a million deck. This decks main concept is to grind the game, keep full control, while still being able to apply pressure.
    For a while I have played trap Victor, and usually would play it as a way to just troll QM. but this deck I feel fully confident in saying that it is a legitimate deck to play, not meant to again troll, mill, or whatever.

So to get into the fundamentals of the deck

Traps: 7

4 Ricochet Trap
    3 Death Trap
    I went with these over the rest because I feel they counter the meta the most. In s meta with versatile decks that can both sworn the field, and use weapons. I wanted something that could control all of that, without inconsistently bricking(dead drawing them). Which leads me to why I decided to only play 7 traps. Rather then the 12+ counts you'd normally would play in a typical trap Vic deck. Also you'll notice, that I opted out of playing Camouflage Foe in this deck as well.

Now the main reason behind this is a bit tricky. It isn't that the card isn't good, because it is way above average. It's as simple as this. When you look at the mechanics of this deck, and you seen the line I've chose in how you will play cards in the most optimal settings to certain situations. Foe just doesn't answer either, board sworms, or weapon abuse. And that's why I chose to go against playing it in the deck. Also that I gain 0 advantage with survivalist either.

Abilities: 24

Now this section of the deck I feel is the heart of the deck. It's where you will do the majority of your drawing, destroying, ect.

I went with a line in abilities, again to minimize the percentage of me bricking(dead drawing cards). So for instance I choose to play 3 poison arrows, because for one it gives me more T6 plays with either bobcat/poison arrow, or javelin/poison arrow, or helm/poison arrow. So my point is, in a deck like a 80 card Victor, usually from my experience. T6 is usually the most awkward, and hardest to manage if you don't have a cleared board. And given that I have opted out against playing the heavier trap line up. I needed something to fill in that happen. I felt poison arrow does that. Now I did choose not to maximize arrow, because at time it can (as any card can) be dead. So 3 was the best number in my opinion to play. Then I choose 2 retreat!, Simply because I feel it fits in s very versatile way, to either help me, or disrupt my opponents.
    3 Treasured Hairloom

This is easy, I play 33 allies, that either are easy to kill, or need to be killed. Plus I can search it with General, and it adds additional draw both by it's effect, and that it can be seeked out of the deck(deck thinning).

Hunters Gambit: 4
    Now Gambit is a easy reason why I play it, it's the best draw card for hunters. Mandatory that you play it. Plus again, can be seeked out if the deck, and adds speed.

Survivalist: 4

Now for a while I messed around with how many survivalist I should play. I did 3, 2, and obviously 4. I had finally figured out the direction I wanted to go against it the deck with less traps. But still able to play 4 survivalist, and maximize it's ability. This is very simple, this allows my 79 cards Victor deck, to work as a 40 card deck. Easy enough. And I'll get more into how that is possible.

Items(non-traps)

4: Gemstone Javelin
    4: Soul Seeker
    3: Stun Torrent
    2: Helm of Saymeht
    2: Spell Eater Bands

Javelin is easy, it allows me to maximize survivalist without again going with a heavier trap line. Also keeps the me in line with keep board control, but in a more aggressive way then playing a heavier trap line up.

Stun Torrent was another card, I hadn't played in the beginning when I was testing around with this list. First it allows me to deny abilities, like stealth, protector, and stopping draw. And also, again let's me maximize survivalist as well. So the fact that I can kill abilities that can be troubling, or problematic, and draw when it dies. It now becomes a +1 rather then a 1 for 1.

Helm of Saymeht is very simple. I play javelin, and I max javelin out at 4. Also the same as the rest, allows me to draw when it dies off of survivalist. No why I am only playing 2, rather then 3 or 4 also. I'm playing a 79 card deck, so last thing I want to do is to be dead drawing it in the early game, if I have no javelin in hand or the graveyard.

Soul Seeker, Spell Eater Bands 4/2: These choices are pretty obvious. Soul Seeker is used to simply keep you in the game, restore health, and help control the board. And SEB is to help in the mage match ups. Which on my opinion are this decks hardest match up.

Now we get to the allies!!! This has to be my favorite part of the deck. It's heavy.......and I mean HEAVY! Most tower/trap Vic decks you'll find, or run across. Will not be running 33 allies, and again I have decided to go a bit of a different direction with this deck. So as we know I only run 7 traps, and in most Vic decks like this, it's usally closer to 12-5 or more. And I'm running 33 allies, and again in most Vic decks like this, it's probably closer to around 18-25. I feel that given that I still wanted pressure in this deck, that problematic allies, and a lot of them was the best way to approach it.

So let's get to my choices........there is a lot.

Allies: 33

Krugal choices: 4 Krugal Trapper, 3 Krugal Braggart, 3 Sneerkrug, and 3 Krugal Quickshot.

I felt that this was the best line because Trapper is a mandatory choice. He let's you search your traps you need for certain match ups (we only run 7 remember), Sneerkrug is going to protect all of you're minions from being attacked, and also adds pressure with defender ability. Now Braggart, I like him because he is just really good with vuctores ability, lots of synergy. Also adds the same thought process on the whole T6 vision I explained with poison arrow. And then Quickshot, hmmmmm I just like him because he is really strong with working with hunters Gambit, soul Seeker, bobcat, ect. The fact that I can spread 4 damage (2 to 2 different allies) without attacking and injuring him... AMAZING!

So that covers the Krugal part of the ally list.

The rest is I guess you can say standard...ish. So we have 4 Deepwood Bobcat for obvious reasons, 3 General of Unaxio that allows you to seek an attachment (Hairloom, Gambit, or the 1 A Legend Rises). So that give you midgame pressure with either Bobcat, or General, and deck thinning and draw with General.

3 Priest of the Light: Priest of the Light is simply good in here because he hurts a lot of your good, and bad match ups by denying their shadow energy. Also if drawn early, allows you to establish early board control, and pressure.

2 Aldon the Brave: Works well with the entire ally lineup for obvious reasons. Now I did only decide to go with 2, simply because 3 is clumpy in this build. And I guess in my opinion not needed. I had tested with 3, was drawing it way to often in bad spots. So I reduced it to 2.

3 Tainted Oracle: This is another easy one. The decks 79 cards, this gives you draw, and cushion from attacks, or just provides your board with other options to damage out put.

2 Viska, The Scarlet Blade: Viska is an easy choice in this deck. Again, pressure, but for the late game. Which is the main reason I didn't play 3 or 4. I simply don't really wanna see Viska in the general sense of early game. So 2 in my opinion is the perfect number.

3 Armored Sandworm: Now Sandworm was a ally option that I went back and forth a while while testing. He ended up making the cut this final list. After deciding the route I wanted the deck to take.
    And personally this is a card I don't care when I draw it. Either it's early game, mid game, or late game. This card makes a difference when it's brought out. It causes a ripple effect in the way the games going to play out from there on, most of the time. It's big, it can be a beater, especially with Hairlooms, and Aldons in the deck. Plus in the late game especially, makes your T10 plays and above so much more manageable. Mainly because, he sticks. And if he doesn't you're opponent definitely spent a lot of resources to remove him. Either way it's a win, win in your favor the majority of the time.

Well guys this is my list, and a reasons behind my choices. I hope you find as much success, and enjoyment playing it as I do.
    If you have any questions further in how to play it, ect. Feel free to ask below

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Based on my experience, a 60 cards victor is better than 80 cards. You get higher consistency and still good stall power with victor's ability.

Senior Member samuel.slone27@gmail.com's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also tried a 60 card, 70 card, 75 card, and even a 50+ card Vic. And I've hand the most success with this version.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any updates on the deck after javellin nerf?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfer1000 View Post
    Any updates on the deck after javellin nerf?
    What nerf?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can only be used by warrioir and elemental now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a nerf to the card itself, a nerf to non-warriors and non-elemental heroes. Javelin has only gotten buffed in the time it has been out.