Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A1 Anubis – Undead Banebow

Hello, I want to share my version of this deck type. It is a pretty old archetype but still very strong and effective. I used this deck at the WC with a decent result (2nd at day 1 and overall a Top8 finish). Overall its probably my favorite deck.

Hero: Banebow (41 cards)

Ally (21):
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    3x Krugal Braggart
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Death Collector
    3x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    1x Der'kan, the Bone King
    4x Forgotten Horror

Ability (8):
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    1x Ley Line Nexus

Item (11):
    4x Necromancer's Shroud
    3x Weevil-tipped Crossbow
    1x Stun Turret
    3x Soul Seeker

Deck Code: 653813B

An innovation to common Banebow builds is the use of Braggart as second T2 drop. I think it is the best ally for going second, especially for Banebow. He can beat for example knight, bandit, shaman, trapper and kriss without T3 support. But he can also „prepare“ 3hp allies for a T3 ability kill. Besides that he is better than fearstling against warriors or subdue mages which i expected.

In my opinion Weevil-tipped Crossbow is a great T3 or T4 drop, since he can help to kill an opponent’s drop and simplify a later shroud play. Besides that, it helps also against a T5 Anklebreaker without much tempo loss.

Overall i decided to use a very low count of tech. I like the pretty aggressive way to play and so it is more consistent. With shrouds and a bow it is also possible to play around many threats. Horror is a cool stop for big allies. So i waive Tech cards like a second LLn, a second Turret, The Perfect Shot or Vision of Endia.

I chose this deck for the WC, since there are hardly unbeatable mus and I didn’t expect heavy healing priests. Of course Crusher and eye can be a problem but with a decent draw there are ways to play around. (For example horror or tons of ping damage)
    I was confident that the deck performs well against Javilin decks even without much tech since it is very aggressive and don’t need the board to deal damage.
    Feel free to ask if you have further questions – have fun!
    IGN: A1 Anubis
    Telegram: @Anubis013

Winner of SE ProTour Finals 2017 - Top 20 WC 2017
    Winner of "The Summit" Major - Top 8 WC 2018
    3. Place of Slugfest XI - Top 8 WC 2019
    Winner of The Cage II - 3. Place WC 2020
    2. Place in the Survivor Series - WC 2021 ?

A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello together,

below you see my updated Banebow list, which i used pretty successfully on the WC2020 (3.place). I chose this deck since it is still one of my favorite archetypes and very flexible to use. Besides that I didn't want to follow the "location deck" trend.

Hero: Banebow (43 cards)

Ally (17):
    3x Ironhide Karash
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Death Collector
    3x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    1x Der'kan, the Bone King

Ability (15):
    3x Poison Arrow
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    2x The Perfect Shot
    1x Ley Line Nexus

Item (10):
    1x Ricochet Trap
    4x Necromancer's Shroud
    2x Weevil-tipped Crossbow
    3x Soul Seeker

Deck Code: 463957B

Even the playstyle is pretty similar to my old list, there are some major differences:

- Replacement of Forgotten Horror:
    Since the meta is pretty fast at the moment, and there are many cheap allies which have a high health (like sneerkrug, sorcerer and so on) i decided to substitute the horrors with 3 Poison Arrows and 2 The Perfect Shot. This cards were much better usable against this early game threats and its often possible to play a second offensive card.

Replacement of Krugal Braggert:
    Even of the major weakness of Iron Karash against Gambits, i used them since they are very good against weapons like pathfinder. Besides that they are ideal to weaken 2Attack threats like sneerkrug, runebearer or Camouflaged Foe (Its the only ally in the deck which survives more then one hit by this ally). Krugal Braggert wasn't an option anymore, since it is not so good while going first, and noneffective against wulven prophet or runebearer.

Adding of Bad Santa:
    Since I decided not to run cards against popular draw engines like confluence or amulet adding bad santa was an excellent choice. Its an acceptable additional T2 fta drop, but especially nice to search for finishing cards like shroud. Also it has good synergies with the other 2 or 3 cc cards in the deck.

Ricochet Trap:
    This trap was a good protection against the popular dc decks, since it helps to prevent for example hasted crushers to deal lethal damage. Other usefull tech options would have been for example acid jet or shriek of vengeance.

Feel free if you have questions - see you!
    IGN: A1 Anubis
    Telegram: @Anubis013

Winner of SE ProTour Finals 2017 - Top 20 WC 2017
    Winner of "The Summit" Major - Top 8 WC 2018
    3. Place of Slugfest XI - Top 8 WC 2019
    Winner of The Cage II - 3. Place WC 2020
    2. Place in the Survivor Series - WC 2021 ?

A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amazing deck and great write up.
    Congrats again buddy for the WC place, fighting proudly vs all the location decks!! You Rock!
    A1 | Alliance One - Evolution in Theory
    www.a1-shadowera.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    congrats, BB is hard to pull off nowadays. I've been playing this deck, the main change is I subbed in x4 Tombstone Beacon
    Last edited by Jets; 03-01-2021 at 04:05 AM.