Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

TJ dubdub's 28 Game Win Streak Lance

This deck is not exactly the same deck that I got the streak with a few months ago, but it is the same at the core and has been tuned for the current meta. I would have posted sooner, but it was on my list of decks for the WC this year. It ended up as my 2nd choice and I think that it is still very strong.

Hero: Lance Shadowstalker (40 cards)

Ally (29):
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    4x Night Owl
    4x Rabble Rouser
    4x Tainted Oracle
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Dhalia Blackrose
    3x Eriss Fateweaver
    2x Nathanias, People's Champion
    2x Oliver Fagin
    2x Kion the Magnificent

Ability (4):
    2x Stop, Thief!
    2x Anarchic Looting

Item (6):
    4x Anklebreaker
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

Deck Code: 1163537B

This deck is similar in many ways to the other Lance deck that I posted earlier this year. A lot of the tips and advice there is relevant for this list. Here is the link to that build: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....unner-Up-Lance
    I’ll just talk about the difference that this version has. Mainly it is the addition of Rabble Rouser and Skilled Ironmonger. It took a while for people, myself included, to figure out how to use rouser, but she is great for Lance. She adds to the ally-based draw theme that the previous versions of the deck relied on previously, while helping out with a questionable early game. She can also buff allies like Oliver and Dhalia to take out some tougher fatties. All this and she is also not a terrible choice to use Lance’s ability on since she hits pretty hard the turn she enters play. Overall she is a great addition for Lance. Ironmonger is just here because of the synergy with Rouser. With fta, it on t2 plus rouser on t3 kills most the important 2cc allies in the meta. Also, without fta this can kill a lot of key 3cc allies as well.

As far as some of the other changes they are mainly just meta calls. Eriss has become extremely important in a lot of common matchups, so she gets an extra slot. Kion is also a great card and I found that I was saccing Nathanias too often to have 3 copies. Assassination isn’t really needed anymore. I go with a 2-2 split with Looting and Stop, Thief! now because I have seen less Baduruu and Amber where Thief is better, but both of them were in the top 8 at WC so that may change in the future.

The main question that I still have with this list is whether Braxnorian Soldier is worth the slots right now. I have tested 2 Nightshade in this slot to combo with Rouser, but since I decided on a different deck for worlds I haven’t figured it out for sure. Feel free to give it a test and let me know your thoughts.

As always feel free to leave questions here or PM me on telegram if you have any questions or comments about the deck.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck. Very similar to an old Lance that I was using for a while. It was 3 cards different.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing and nice write up!

Solid deck but I would suggest to skew the resource curve a little lower for a better early game. Just my 2 cents

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck!

I use Sword thief in mine instead of Brax.
    In my experience it works very well with Rouser early game when going second (distract the opponent's 3cc on T3 to kill it on T4 with the Rouser boost). And although it's a weak body its on-summon ability is still useful in the later game.

Maybe I haven't played enough lately, but I haven't seen enough haste in the meta (barring Dread Wolf) to dictate the inclusion of Brax. Worst, most of the "haste" nowadays actually bypasses Brax by readying allies instead of hasting them (EOTDF, Ravengers, Riphide to some extent, ...).
    On the other hand Sword Thief is a great help against Moonstalker which I see quite often lately.

I'd be really interested to know why you chose Brax over Sword Thief. Obviously you were very successful with this deck so you must be doing something right

Cheers and thanks for sharing
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    Nice deck!

I use Sword thief in mine instead of Brax.
    In my experience it works very well with Rouser early game when going second (distract the opponent's 3cc on T3 to kill it on T4 with the Rouser boost). And although it's a weak body its on-summon ability is still useful in the later game.

Maybe I haven't played enough lately, but I haven't seen enough haste in the meta (barring Dread Wolf) to dictate the inclusion of Brax. Worst, most of the "haste" nowadays actually bypasses Brax by readying allies instead of hasting them (EOTDF, Ravengers, Riphide to some extent, ...).
    On the other hand Sword Thief is a great help against Moonstalker which I see quite often lately.

I'd be really interested to know why you chose Brax over Sword Thief. Obviously you were very successful with this deck so you must be doing something right

Cheers and thanks for sharing
    Thanks everyone for the responses. My main reason for brax was to help in the mirror match. Lance is pretty popular right now in the tournament meta. I think there were 4 or 5 at the WC and I didn't even play it. Sword thief is definitely a solid option for this slot as well. TJ Inevitable actually plays something very similar with sword thief in those slots. Personally I would rather try to make one of the rogue 2ccs work. I'm just not really a fan of sword thief right now. Don't have a specific reason, just doesn't feel right to me. But you can give it a try and see if it suits you better.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub