Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Vote: Blockchain Cards

Shadow Era is set to embrace the future of Trading Card Games by creating a new type of blockchain cards, traded and sold freely with SHDW and other cryptocurrencies. Shadow Token holders can now vote to approve or disapprove of this proposal.

For the full details of the proposal, please read the document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IbXPEmjQ6QBEHPj3ioqI02eyWroHddFaGjoKfPiLMw8/edit?usp=sharing

Executive summary:
    - integrated Waves wallet
    - all cards will have blockchain versions (bling only)
    - no cost to Shadow Era
    - plan to fully finish by end of Jan 2019
    - promotional support from Waves platform team

How to Cast Your Vote:
    - The option to vote will appear in the game as a new icon on the bottom of the main world map
    - Lock in your vote by selecting one of the options
    - You may change your vote at any time before the voting close
    - Only votes from accounts with a linked Shadow Token balance will be counted towards the total, in relative proportion to the SHDW balance. However, the "popular vote" is also recorded for informational purposes.
    - Alternatively, vote on the blockchain by sending any amount of SHDW to one of the addresses below:
    YES: 3PHMd68GLCtdPDavmerZrZbDMQcVZbevYES
    NO: 3PHXZ4B7xjcew64nEAKehmNtD4jHk9beyNo
    (For full details on voting rules and procedures, please see this doc)

What are Shadow Tokens?
    - Shadow Tokens (SHDW) are a cryptocurrency with real value and many in-game benefits. For more details, please see shadowtoken.io

UPDATE: Voting has now closed, the first token holder vote has been approved with 91% token holder and 82% popular vote

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good and if it won't cost SE any money, better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After reading I think this is a terrific idea. Are we voting on this proposal at this time? If so my is vote yes.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Overall, I like the idea but I have some questions:

1) How are blockchain cards actually purchased initially? Via new section of Merchant?

2) If I buy a Token representing blockchain Jasmine on the DEX (from another player or from unsold pool owned by the game), does that show up in my online Shadow Era account when I'm logged in within a few minutes?

3) What is the expected impact on foil pack sales and PAC sales with these new blockchain cards effectively reducing standard foils to 2nd class?

4) What kind of price are we thinking of being starting price in SHDW ($ equivalent)?

5) All proceeds of initially selling the created blockchain cards goes into Operating Pool of the game, they will all be created for free by Kyle and added into the game ready to be bought?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Overall, I like the idea but I have some questions:

1) How are blockchain cards actually purchased initially? Via new section of Merchant?
    I think blockchain packs can be listed alongside the sc packs for higher visability. If somebody clicks on it without SHDW in their account then they can be sent to a help section explaining it.
    Similarily for card buying/selling, it can be as simple as having a filter checkbox for blockchain cards. The zoomed view for blockchain cards would show more info though, such as maybe avg 7 day price, buy vs sell price etc

2) If I buy a Token representing blockchain Jasmine on the DEX (from another player or from unsold pool owned by the game), does that show up in my online Shadow Era account when I'm logged in within a few minutes?
    On the Waves blockchain, it is within 1 minute after buying that the transaction is confirmed.
    After that, assuming the game is still open for some reason, when the server sends the login refresh data within 5 minutes it will know that your linked Waves account has 1 Jasmine token and so add this blockchain card to your library data that it sends the game client. Same when you sell it through the dex or xfer it to another Waves address, it will be removed from your game library within 5 minutes with the login refresh, and you can't use it anymore.
    If you use the in-game GUI to buy the card, you will get to play with it in about 1 minute.

3) What is the expected impact on foil pack sales and PAC sales with these new blockchain cards effectively reducing standard foils to 2nd class?
    I believe that they are in a different group of players entirely, in that whales who buy foil packs and PAC have $ to spend but not necessarily know anything about crypto or are interested in it. Similarily, new incomming crypto players might have plenty of crypto but no easy way to buy with $ from their country. It's hard to say that crypto cards are "better bling" but if so they should be priced accordingly.

4) What kind of price are we thinking of being starting price in SHDW ($ equivalent)?
    The prices in SHDW will be updated hourly (or whatever) to match a fixed $ equivalent. Decision on price per pack is deferred until later, will need some more thought. For example 1.5x or 2x the sc equivalent $ price of a foil pack? I don't know... Anyways once that price is set, then the starting price of each card can be set relative to that in terms of rarity, much like the gold merchant prices.

5) All proceeds of initially selling the created blockchain cards goes into Operating Pool of the game, they will all be created for free by Kyle and added into the game ready to be bought?
    That's correct

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the answers, Kyle. My intention is to vote to support this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this suggestion, I will support it. Do we know when will this up for a vote?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voting is open now until midnight on Dec 16. I will abstain from voting.
    Results will be posted after voting close.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    So what happens if the sale goal of a particular card isn't reached? Will we get our money back?
    There are no sale goals defined, it was only a hypothetical suggestion that may be added later. For example, "when 500 Jasmine Rosecults are sold, we will give her an alternate art" or something like that. But at launch, each card will be available for sale.
    The nature of crypto is that ownership is permament and out of our control. Once you buy a card, you can trade it or sell it yourself for example on the Waves DEX. As such, there will be no refunds.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this is a good idea. In fact, I haven't heard of anything quite similar. I'm not sure if you could patent/license any sort of technology you produce, but it's worth a thought.