Close

Thread: Crippling blow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Crippling blow

Is there any reason not to take 4 of these in a warrior deck?They make for such great board control and free up your guys to start taking shots at the enemy hero. When would you take less/none of these in a deck?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyAIC View Post
    Is there any reason not to take 4 of these in a warrior deck?They make for such great board control and free up your guys to start taking shots at the enemy hero. When would you take less/none of these in a deck?
    The meta is going to play a big part. I bet there are games where you find CB isn't so effective as others, whether that be the class or hero you're facing or allies that aren't intended to attack or allies that are happy to die.

I guess it's really doing the job for you at the moment?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The meta is going to play a big part. I bet there are games where you find CB isn't so effective as others, whether that be the class or hero you're facing or allies that aren't intended to attack or allies that are happy to die.

I guess it's really doing the job for you at the moment?
    Actually, I’m trying to see if I can eliminate it completely haha.

I’m trying to make a deck that has a minimum amount of abilities and such to slow it down with. I’m using a lot of self sufficient allies like raven wild heart and paladin of unaxio that can cure problems that would slow down such a deck but I find sometimes a good crippling blow is needed so I’m leery about removing it. I’m considering removing them, and including that dagger that instakills allies that cost over 5 but it’s slow. I have seen when crippling blow becomes a wasted draw so manybe like 2 instead of 4 in the deck would be useful.

I’ve had some success with the deck so far, not ripping up the meta by any means but I’m enjoying it. Just trying to find little rtweaks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    CB is becoming less and less reliable as more cards that can remove it efficiently or make use of crippled ally are being introduced. It is still efficient way for warriors to deal with allies, even if temporary. It works better for faster decks that can end the game before opponents draws an answer to CB.

It is, however, possible now to make warrior decks with 0 CB since new ways of control were introduced for them. Take for example my Logan deck:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....an-Metabreaker

Hero: Logan Stonebreaker (41 cards)

Ally (23):
    2x Yari Bladedancer
    4x Fuzam, Yari Blademaster
    4x Yari Vanguard
    4x Braxnorian Weaponsmith
    4x Yari Marksman
    2x Yari Plunderer
    2x Xander, Yari Captain
    1x Vull the Insatiable

Ability (9):
    2x War Cry
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    1x Enrage

Item (8):
    1x Boooomerang
    4x Pithing Spear
    2x Gemstone Javelin
    1x Pride of the Yari

Deck Code: 1113461B

Between Logan's ability, weapons and allies like Marksman and Plunderer you have enough tools to keep the board under control while simultaneously developing your own board position.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla