Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Best Ythan twilight deck?

Hello. I’m searching competitive version of Ythan with twilights. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi

I think the main focus should be ensuring that you'll be able to use Ythan's ability as much as possible. So, I suggest keeping your deck count at 40, unless you like running fat decks. There should be an article or two on here about what your resource curve should look like in an 80 - 120 card deck.

As for specific cards, run 4x Opportunist for sure. Its a very good 2 drop in a vacuum, and even more so in a twilight deck.

You may also wanna consider running decoy trap instead of eidolon, because it prevents them from dying, rather than bringing them back after they've died. This is important because it means that Twilight Opportunist, for example, would keep its buff at the end of the turn. And can be buffed again (to 6 attack) next turn. Pair that with Ythan's ability and you can output some serious damage really early on. Also, using Decoy Trap as opposed to eidolon will prevent your ally from even being exhausted by things like Ritualist's Headdress and Lorhorn.

Eidolon has an advantage over Decoy trap in one important case, though: It can be triggered by your opp very easily if you intend to use it for keeping a twilight alive during your opps turn. So. maybe run 4x decoy trap for triggering during your turn, and 2x eidolon for some draw and protection from your opps plays. The draw isnt important though, because gambit is a better option.

Ythan likes hasted allies, so Demetryo is a given, but also consider Twilight Luminary. Hasting in an Opportunist is really powerful, cheep, and can catch your opp off guard. With that in mind, Twilight matriarch can be used as a reliable win condition. Consider running Twilight Herald too, because hasting those little guys in can make a huge difference in the game! Just be weary of your decoy trap or eidolon being wasted on them

All that said, one thing to keep in mind with twilights in general is the SRO (standard resolution order). Its especially important when it comes to twilights bc you want to make sure your decoy traps and eidolons will protect the right one when the game attempts to kill multiple allies at once. This is partly why I enjoy Twilight so much, because the interactions can get kinda complex!

All that in mind, here's a rough draft I spun up. Keep in mind that I have not tested this (I play twilight in aramia exclusively) and that this has NO tech cards in it for dealing with the meta, so you'll need to adjust it based on the matchups you encounter frequently. I hope this helps!

Hero: Ythan Redthorn (40 cards)

Ally (25):
    4x Twilight Opportunist
    3x Twilight Lifebringer
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    4x Twilight Ritualist
    3x Twilight Champion
    2x Twilight Luminary
    3x Kallista, Twilight Matriarch

Ability (8):
    2x Strength of Conviction
    2x Spirit of Devotion
    4x Hunter's Gambit

Item (6):
    4x Decoy Trap
    2x Twilight Eidolon

Deck Code: 811941B
    Last edited by Kross; 11-14-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Hi

I think the main focus should be ensuring that you'll be able to use Ythan's ability as much as possible. So, I suggest keeping your deck count at 40, unless you like running fat decks. There should be an article or two on here about what your resource curve should look like in an 80 - 120 card deck.

As for specific cards, run 4x Opportunist for sure. Its a very good 2 drop in a vacuum, and even more so in a twilight deck.

You may also wanna consider running decoy trap instead of eidolon, because it prevents them from dying, rather than bringing them back after they've died. This is important because it means that Twilight Opportunist, for example, would keep its buff at the end of the turn. And can be buffed again (to 6 attack) next turn. Pair that with Ythan's ability and you can output some serious damage really early on. Also, using Decoy Trap as opposed to eidolon will prevent your ally from even being exhausted by things like Ritualist's Headdress and Lorhorn.

Eidolon has an advantage over Decoy trap in one important case, though: It can be triggered by your opp very easily if you intend to use it for keeping a twilight alive during your opps turn. So. maybe run 4x decoy trap for triggering during your turn, and 2x eidolon for some draw and protection from your opps plays. The draw isnt important though, because gambit is a better option.

Ythan likes hasted allies, so Demetryo is a given, but also consider Twilight Luminary. Hasting in an Opportunist is really powerful, cheep, and can catch your opp off guard. With that in mind, Twilight matriarch can be used as a reliable win condition. Consider running Twilight Herald too, because hasting those little guys in can make a huge difference in the game! Just be weary of your decoy trap or eidolon being wasted on them

All that said, one thing to keep in mind with twilights in general is the SRO (standard resolution order). Its especially important when it comes to twilights bc you want to make sure your decoy traps and eidolons will protect the right one when the game attempts to kill multiple allies at once. This is partly why I enjoy Twilight so much, because the interactions can get kinda complex!

All that in mind, here's a rough draft I spun up. Keep in mind that I have not tested this (I play twilight in aramia exclusively) and that this has NO tech cards in it for dealing with the meta, so you'll need to adjust it based on the matchups you encounter frequently. I hope this helps!

Ally (25):
    4x Twilight Opportunist
    3x Twilight Lifebringer
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    4x Twilight Ritualist
    3x Twilight Champion
    2x Twilight Luminary
    3x Kallista, Twilight Matriarch

Ability (8):
    2x Strength of Conviction
    2x Spirit of Devotion
    4x Hunter's Gambit

Item (6):
    4x Decoy Trap
    2x Twilight Eidolon

Deck Code: 811941B
    Wow, that’s one hell of a guide! Still, are you sure this deck should so much control-oriented? Hunter isn’t the character who can just return control of a board to self. Such amount of 4-5 cost allies might lead to situation where you wouldn\t be able summon any allies for first turns, while enemy will continue to suumone their, and by the time you will summon anyone he will despose of this ally with ease

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But thanks anyway, I will try this version

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami Yugi View Post
    Wow, that’s one hell of a guide! Still, are you sure this deck should so much control-oriented? Hunter isn’t the character who can just return control of a board to self. Such amount of 4-5 cost allies might lead to situation where you wouldn\t be able summon any allies for first turns, while enemy will continue to suumone their, and by the time you will summon anyone he will despose of this ally with ease
    I'd say this is a pretty low resource curve, as is -- so establishing a board early game shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also, I think this deck leans more toward aggro rather than control, but my playstyle calls for a hybrid of both, typically -- which is another reason why I love twilight so much! Ritualist is wayyy too good not to play imo

Btw, if you'd like more input on resource curves in general, this is a pretty good starting point: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....esource-Curves

There are actually a lot of great articles on this forum, and they've got good Google juice if you include "Shadow Era" in your query

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don’t tend to agree with the setup given.

For your t2 drop, if going second, you are going to lose if you drop Lifebringer. Better option is to have 4x of Opportunist and Layarian Knight.

Also, while I have seen some decent Twilight builds, I think the optimal route is a mix. Ythan is amazing at abusing Haste and so one of your best weapons is Viska. You have Demetryo which is great as well.

Also, to help with draw, General of Unaxio is something that should be run to help seek those Gambits.

I have never played a Ythan with less than 3x Viska. Just too pivotal a card.

Also, having your draw with Ythan based in part on allies death is not good as you typically want your allies to live. Even taking one turn to play your 1 cost draw on an ally could cost you as maybe that means you can’t play a stronger ally.

I would maybe try something like...

4x Twilight Opportunist
    4x Layarian Knight
    3x Aldon The Brave
    3x Demetryo
    3x Twilight Orphic (ally buff and pseudo board wipe. 4 health allies get dropped to 3, Viska double kill)
    2x Twilight Ritualist
    4x Twilight Champion
    2x Aldmor Chieftan (ally removal for threats you can’t handle with Ythan ability)
    2x General of Unaxio
    3x Viska
    2x Nathanias

4x Gambit
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    2x A Legend Rises

Still testing this out myself. However, I like the options to seek out my attachments. Especially ALR. One of your biggest issues is attachments. Ritualist does help with Crippling Blow and Subdue but, Zails Hymn still screws you by sending your ally to deck.

I’ll keep messing around with this and see what I can get done.

Nathanias is so key in Ythan as well. Especially against Priest with Tidal Wave. Pulling into a Viska, or General of Unaxio is a nice swing. Heck, even Demetryo isn’t a bad pull.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    I don’t tend to agree with the setup given.

For your t2 drop, if going second, you are going to lose if you drop Lifebringer. Better option is to have 4x of Opportunist and Layarian Knight.

Also, while I have seen some decent Twilight builds, I think the optimal route is a mix. Ythan is amazing at abusing Haste and so one of your best weapons is Viska. You have Demetryo which is great as well.

Also, to help with draw, General of Unaxio is something that should be run to help seek those Gambits.

I have never played a Ythan with less than 3x Viska. Just too pivotal a card.

Also, having your draw with Ythan based in part on allies death is not good as you typically want your allies to live. Even taking one turn to play your 1 cost draw on an ally could cost you as maybe that means you can’t play a stronger ally.

I would maybe try something like...

4x Twilight Opportunist
    4x Layarian Knight
    3x Aldon The Brave
    3x Demetryo
    3x Twilight Orphic (ally buff and pseudo board wipe. 4 health allies get dropped to 3, Viska double kill)
    2x Twilight Ritualist
    4x Twilight Champion
    2x Aldmor Chieftan (ally removal for threats you can’t handle with Ythan ability)
    2x General of Unaxio
    3x Viska
    2x Nathanias

4x Gambit
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    2x A Legend Rises

Still testing this out myself. However, I like the options to seek out my attachments. Especially ALR. One of your biggest issues is attachments. Ritualist does help with Crippling Blow and Subdue but, Zails Hymn still screws you by sending your ally to deck.

I’ll keep messing around with this and see what I can get done.

Nathanias is so key in Ythan as well. Especially against Priest with Tidal Wave. Pulling into a Viska, or General of Unaxio is a nice swing. Heck, even Demetryo isn’t a bad pull.
    Hi Mango! This is definetly an interesting deck but you sound like Ythan is better off playing normal deck then Twilight, since such key kards like Viska or Nathanias doesn;t have synergy with it. And besides, since there are so many allies in your deck who arent twilight why not to odd Twilight Shepherdess to activate the synergy between normal allies and twilights?

Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    here is my try heavy ally focused twilight mix not tested yet just done in deckbuilder
    1cc – 2
    2cc – 10
    3cc – 15
    4cc – 5
    5cc – 2
    6cc+ 4

4x Twilight Opportunist
    3x Layarian Knight
    3x Masked Bandit
    3x Aldon the Brave
    1x Layarian Seductress