Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In Game UX Fluidity

When I play a card or attack, I shouldn't have to wait for the animation to end before I can do anything, such as play another card, activate an ability, end my turn, etc. Also, if a player concedes during my turn, the game should immediately end. I shouldn't have to pass my turn to see that they've "disconnected".

I know this would probably require a significant overhaul to SE's programming, but this speed/ease of play is a standard with successful online CCGs these days, and its the main thing SE is lacking that the big boys have had for years now -- in game, I mean.

At the very least, I would say that this buff to SE should be the main focus for version 4.0.

But what do you guys think?

I'm also curious if this has already been discussed internally, @Gondorian @Veles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....g-the-gameplay

think it had been brought up in the past, would love to see some improvement, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon i guess

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    When Nik and I were on the Board of Directors, we discussed making these kinds of changes, but we did not reach a point where they were high enough on the priority list to do something about. The game only has finite resources and we tried to put them where they would make the biggest positive impact.

There are much more important things to put time and money into IMHO. While "the big boys" can put time and money into "nice to have" features, SE can't at the moment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....g-the-gameplay

think it had been brought up in the past, would love to see some improvement, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon i guess
    Ah, thanks for that

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    There are much more important things to put time and money into IMHO. While "the big boys" can put time and money into "nice to have" features, SE can't at the moment.
    I agree that "nice to have" features should be put in the backlog, but I would argue that this in particular is closer to a necessity than something like an in game history.

However, not sure how anything will get done with you taking a step back from the game. Its a shame, because I love SE.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    I agree that "nice to have" features should be put in the backlog, but I would argue that this in particular is closer to a necessity than something like an in game history.

However, not sure how anything will get done with you taking a step back from the game. Its a shame, because I love SE.
    Realistically, we didn't plan to do much development until next year after spending in advance on the new cards that are expected to bring income to repay that investment. We were going to spend the time on the Board for next two months doing planning for 2019 and focus our other time on promoting the game, leveraging the new cards and big tournaments due to happen.

Sure, I have no official role any more, but I'm still going to promote the game and I can still make plans for 2019 too. If a new Board is assembled for January, I can pass them on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the way you word your title. Sounds so much more professional... lol. I hope you took a look at my shared thread. I covered fairly extensively why i felt this is a critical issue. Even gave examples in comparison to other games.

Thank you for voicing the same concerns. It is how we get things moving.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter