Close

Thread: Jace Mortlock

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Jace Mortlock

This card seems a bit slow for a unique, 6cc class ally. I think giving it haste would be good (no pun intended). If not, I think it should be reworked it into having an on summon ability like the rest of the most recent rogue allies.

But what do you guys think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    An alternative to making it faster would be buffing its current effects by expanding both of its effects to include abilities as well. This makes sense especially because rogues don't have any class specific ability removal right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is bit too soon to make final judgement. His ability in combination with Black Market has potential to lock out some item reliant decks and potentially he can swing for loads of damage. He has been designed to be thematic part of Black Market deck as sort of soft win condition, but we had in mind that rogues have been consistently top performing class and one of most popular classes during last few months so they didn't need one more top competitive ally. People who want to go full thematic with Black Market thief deck can include Jace, other more competitive players if they deem him too cute will run more optimal builds. If he is not interesting even for the first group of players, well wouldn't be the first time to buff a card.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He doesn't fit in my deck strategy, but seems if mages can get a 3/9 6cc ally with an ability, that those who want to use Jace will be reluctant due to his low health.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, his HP seems safest place for a buff
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Yes, his HP seems safest place for a buff
    Agreed
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    He doesn't fit in my deck strategy, but seems if mages can get a 3/9 6cc ally with an ability, that those who want to use Jace will be reluctant due to his low health.
    lol. I like how you are upfront with your own intentions at heart. "doesn't fit in my deck strategy" xD

I suppose the HP buff makes some sense. I wonder if there is another card that is used as little as Jace from the latest expansion.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    lol. I like how you are upfront with your own intentions at heart. "doesn't fit in my deck strategy" xD

I suppose the HP buff makes some sense. I wonder if there is another card that is used as little as Jace from the latest expansion.
    I've only seen him once so far, in a Lance deck, but I killed him the turn he was played due to his low health
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've got 2x in my Serena and usually I sacrifice him because he doesn't survive to next turn after summoning. I managed to use his ability only twice since release of new set but I was winning anyway (full board control, lot of allies in play and card advantage) so he hadn't changed anything. And I play most of this time with Serena deck. I think that for now he is rather unplayable (only slows down opponent for one turn to take him down).

Maybe making him 2/7 and +1 attack for each ally, item and/or ability would make him survive on board till next turn and more playable.

Edit: Same was with Thriss demolitionist, with 6hp he was dead before he was able to activate his ability, now with 7hp he is able to survive till next turn.

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo K53a48 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Last edited by piter_00; 11-10-2018 at 03:50 PM.