Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Double Back Ythan Rush (3.63)

Hey everyone! I thought I'd share my Double Back rush deck. I've been having a lot of fun with it recently, and it's an extraordinarily dangerous deck when going first because of how easy it is to abuse Double Back to swarm the field with small allies, and then reload the hand by discarding a trap. Ythan is chosen because of his ability to make an ally attack twice, which combos very well with Inspiring Fellowship. This combo is why the deck can consistently dish out 14-15 damage on T4, and utterly destroy slow control decks. This deck struggles however if going second, or if the opponent is also running a fast deck. Surprisingly, Tidal Wave and Supernova are not huge issues, since you can sometimes win before they can even play it.

Hero: Ythan Redthorn (40 cards)

Ally (21):
    2x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Master Trapsetter
    4x Krugal Lookout
    4x Krugal Trapper
    4x Krugal Braggart
    3x Aldon the Brave

Ability (13):
    4x Double Back
    4x Bad Santa
    1x Hunting Party
    4x Inspiring Fellowship

Item (5):
    4x Net Trap
    1x Decoy Trap

Deck Code: 713242B
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i rly hate this deck i have faced against it several times and lose several time good deck but i dont like rush decks so not for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kinda gimmicky. You will find that in most cases your hand will be empty, and any class with a decent AOE will obliterate your deck much faster before you will even get a chance to do anything. Meh
    Also, I see no reason for traps with 2 mana when you have 8 cards who gives a synergy to traps with 3 mana. Either put death traps here or replace trapsetters with more useful units.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol. Don’t be so serious Yami :P

It’s a rush deck with obvious faults. He even says so himself in his description. It is a new idea though and it’s always fun to try new stuff. I think that was more the point of his post. I don’t believe he was trying to say “use thisbdeck and be #1 on the ladder!!!”

It looks fun and as any rush deck, with a solid start, you could crush your opponent quickly. I’ll definitely try it out for fun
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    Lol. Don’t be so serious Yami :P

It’s a rush deck with obvious faults. He even says so himself in his description. It is a new idea though and it’s always fun to try new stuff. I think that was more the point of his post. I don’t believe he was trying to say “use thisbdeck and be #1 on the ladder!!!”

It looks fun and as any rush deck, with a solid start, you could crush your opponent quickly. I’ll definitely try it out for fun
    EDIT: Ok, I confess, I didn't get it at first, but still I think there are couple of ways to make this a bit more playable. I still think there are traps that will help better (okay, maybe not death trap, but "comufladged foe" is definatly fit there), and I actually think it worth trying to make more midrange deck with the same idea anf hard to remove units (like eternal troll for example)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ugh. My most hated location card :P
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been thinking about making some videos of this deck in action for some time now, and today I finally recorded a duel and put it on Youtube. You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYA...ature=youtu.be
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com