Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OMG please help me with Victor's 2nd map 3-star vs. Gravebone!

I've been trying everything I can think of. On the second map (Gaderi, mission 8 of 10), Gravey starts with Gary the Gargoyle, a Death boner, and Keldor the comic on the board. Then he plays Tome of Knowledge for draw, followed by a combo of more of the above, some Brutalis and Bad Wolf, and eventually some Death Knight and even an Oggie. He's also got access to Lightening Strike and Supernova.

I think I've tried every strategy I can think of with a tuned 30 card deck but I just keep getting killed. I concluded that I need to bounce the early allies with Retreat and/or Road Less Traveled. I think I also need to use Poison Arrow with Bounty Hunter to hold them off while I ramp my resources. Spirit Warden can remove allies from Gravey's 'yard for 0 resources (if I can get it to stick!). Soul Seeker will eventually allow me to start healing.

There are just too many moving parts. Either I don't draw the right stuff early on and lose too much health to stage a comeback, or I do just fine with the early game but no longer have the right stuff to handle the heavies. Even if by some miracle I am able to keep everything under control the AI has me down to 4 or 5 health and drops Supernova. I can't keep all those allies off my back and drop the AI to 5 health, too.

Is this mission: impossible? Am I missing a trick? Am I just on the completely wrong path and could have won a death-race by simply ignoring those hoards of monsters? I tried all sorts of ally combos: Hunter allies, Outlaws, I hoped Raven could save me and leave Gary with zero attack. Do I need 4 copies of everything? A few Single-copy Heavies and very good fortune to draw what I need?

NOTHING WORKS!

Here's my decklist at the moment:
    Victor
    2x Spirit Warden
    4x Poison Arrow
    4x Retreat!
    4x Bounty Hunter
    2x Hunter's Gambit
    2x Road Less Traveled
    1x Perfect Shot
    2x Net Trap
    2x Snare Trap
    2x Camouflaged Foe
    4x Soul Seeker

Any help? I fear I may be going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    Last edited by a player; 10-27-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Gaderi, 8 of 10
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian