Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gotta be honest. This deck is getting pretty good. Lost like 2 games in the last 10-15?

Some things I'm noticing now. Erika can be sacrificed. But Aeon is a beast. I'm actually upping him to 3X now.

Crippling Blow is acceptable at 3X. Enrage at 1X is so-so. There are games where I REALLY need to draw one and it's nowhere to be found. But more often than not the game does end before I get any use out of it. So I'm still not sure on that yet.

List updated in the opening post.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 05-13-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
    Gotta be honest. This deck is getting pretty good. Lost like 2 games in the last 10-15?

Some things I'm noticing now. Erika can be sacrificed. But Aeon is a beast. I'm actually upping him to 3X now.

Crippling Blow is acceptable at 3X. Enrage at 1X is so-so. There are games where I REALLY need to draw one and it's nowhere to be found. But more often than not the game does end before I get any use out of it. So I'm still not sure on that yet.

List updated in the opening post.
    That is because you have to many cards
    Why not to cut it to 30 cards?
    Amber is weapon based hero so you don't need so much allies, actually I think it would work very well without allies at all.

Something like this:

- all allies (just leave 2 aeons)
    + 2 Dimension Ripper
    + 3 Dual wield
    + 1 Crippling Blow
    + 2 Smashing Blow
    - 1 Berserker Edge to make it 30

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Visi0N View Post
    That is because you have to many cards
    Why not to cut it to 30 cards?
    Amber is weapon based hero so you don't need so much allies, actually I think it would work very well without allies at all.

Something like this:

- all allies (just leave 2 aeons)
    + 2 Dimension Ripper
    + 3 Dual wield
    + 1 Crippling Blow
    + 2 Smashing Blow
    - 1 Berserker Edge to make it 30

I appreciate the input. But what you are suggesting is basically what everyone else is doing with Amber Rain. I've never lost to an Amber Rain build like the one you suggested. On the flip side, the build I'm running has been able to beat anything.

The difference is that I actually take advantage of Jeweler's Dream by dropping an army of allies. Look at it this way, the build you're suggesting, you can't do anything with the extra resources except stall your opponent's allies. And if your opponent doesn't run many, you're screwed holding dead cards. You have no answer to allies your opponent continues to churn out. And eventually you'll have to start attacking them with your hero. In my games, my allies already have an advantage over my opponents' because I simply play more. So what do I do with my weapons? I actually attack their hero turn after turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No problem
    Everyone has their own playing style, only what's important is to enjoy playing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried playing Amber with little allies as most people do, and I really don't like it. There are too many holes in the deck, and it sustains no pressure and builds no momentum from the get go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Cool deck.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a deck like yours and it is extremely successful, I wrecked a 266 zaladar and and a 256 majiya. You're right about Enrage being so so but in the games where you do need it, you really need it and it will get you that win. My amber deck is in my signature, I dont run erika or any allies above 5cc besides aeon, so sometimes a real good boris deck gives me problems but im not too concerned with him that much either because eventually my allies start pouring out. I played a gwen deck that tried to just play like probably 8 or 9 allies and all weapons and spells and ended up playing him twice in a row (shout out to VinLaden) and I beat him both times pretty easily. He did much better first time than second..i went second in both games as well.

Anyways I really like this deck build, I might try working in a 5cc ally like raven, but im at 37 cards already and it runs so well its hard to choose what to drop. Id say the biggest test for this deck is Jericho that just gets rid of an enrage and of blood frenzy making the deck really hard to use at the highish number of cards its at.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad it's working for you!

I've ran Erika before and while she shined in many games and actually won them alone, it seemed to take away from the theme of the deck. So yeah it is probably wise to stick to 3cc and Aeon. I still don't know whether to run 2 or 3 Aeons yet. He is so especially boss in this deck lol.

Yeah the other thing is the deck size. I know supposedly it is most efficient at 30, but I don't know if it's just my nature to want to steer away from what other people do or if 30+ is actually better because I really do think it runs better at a higher number. What numbers have you tested? We should try 30 even if it doesn't look right to see if it actually helps (though I doubt it). Lowest I've ran was 32 and it was awful.

Yeah Enrage is in the middle of the road. It's either a useless resource card or you're desperately needing one.

Jericho is not AS bad as you think. Assuming I've played longer with this deck than you have, I haven't had a major issue with Jericho. But yes it is a tough match-up if you draw bad cards. And especially if the game drags out too long that's when it has troubles.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 05-19-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea Ive tried to reduce mine to 32 as well and it was bad bad bad. I mean I won the game I played with it, but the player was like 97 rating and I did not at all like how it ran. it was hard to decide what to take out as well. And maybe the jericho match ups ive had were hard because he would remove my blood frenzy and then once i was low on cards he would plague me. Just a game I cant win once he tidal waves my allies and leaves me top decking.

For deck size, I think if you're running ally heavy like we are then you cant have as few as 30 cards and weapons and spells like retreat and CB to make it work. All those cards need to be in there in good numbers, so I'd say the extra 6 or 7 cards is not a problem for us.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, right now I'm at 36, seems like the right ballpark. 40 cards was pushing it though I must admit. When I first tried building this, I ran like 44 because I didn't know where the deck should go and although it didn't completely suck (which was why I decided to keep tweaking it in the first place) it gave me some bad draws.