Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Asynchronous multiplayer with 24/48h turns

Greetings,
    I've searched on the forum, and have seen that async multiplayer was declared "likely to be implemented" by the devs. Main issue to add async play was the cross-platform feature.

This was several years ago.

Is it coming someday?
    Would be the best thing that could happen to the game, in my opinion.

Just to develop my thoughts, I'd like to mention this amazing card game, EPIC, by the makers of Star Realms (curently in Alpha, but will be king of card games when it comes out). It features both realtime and async play with 48h turns. This makes a HUGE difference, and would bring SE to a whole new level if implemented.

Right now all TCG are realtime only, and it sucks so much.
    SE has that little something that puts it above other TCG such as Hearthstone and co. Please make it shine for good by adding this !

Yours.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like it would make sense to see how it goes down with the king of card games when it comes out. I personally think you are over-estimating the value of this feature but I open to being proven wrong - there must be a reason other cards games with bigger dev budgets haven't already done it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Indeed, i'm very suprised so few do it. Give a go at famous Star Realms/EPIC, the async community is strong, as the realtime one. And it has seduced a lot of players.

If games are played realtime, i always end up quitting the game after a few days. If I want to play realtime games, I use my console/PC.
    On my phone, I only enjoy async/very slow realtime games.
    Having both gameplay options is a luxury in my opinion, and quite never a mistake.

If the playerbase was small, maybe they would fear to divide it too much? On the other hand, it could bring and keep more people to the game.