Close

Thread: 3.61 Seek Cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3.61 Seek Cards

Dear Design Team,

I'd like to understand why first two seek to hand while third seeks to top of deck.
    It doesn't seem fair, specially because weapons and traps are usually more "important", "significant" and "critical" for Warriors and Hunters than attachments for Wulven (basically used only for Darkclaw, and not as important as a weapon most of the times).

You could say that it's because of its CC, but Krugal Trapper has the same and does different.

Thx for the attention.
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Short answer: We think they are balanced as they are.

I assume you are advocating for a buff to Wulven Prophet (rather than nerf to the others)?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see his reasoning here.

All three are class specific cards.

The first helps to pull a weapon (the main weapon) for Amber.

The second allows you to pull any trap card that you deem to be beneficial in your current game depending on what you have in your deck. Or, if all you play is Camo Trap, it effectively allows you to seek an ally with ambush.

Both are incredibly useful immediately.

The third is a hinderence as much as it is a benefit. You are able to locate the card you wish, typically Speed Strike, however, you feel as though you lose a turn since it is placed at top of deck.

I feel the wording is appropriate as it is. If you were to change it to allow the attachment to go to your hand...

“Seek a Wulven attachment or item of cost 4 or less”

Makes sense and falls in line with Krugal Trapper and Weaponsmith.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 09-26-2018 at 04:17 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because Wulven hero attachments, specifically Speedstrike are very powerful and tend to stick around longer than a trap or a weapon. Since it is such critical card for Darkclaw which boosts significantly his overall strategy I think it would be too powerful for the seek to place the card in hand.

For similar reasons General of Unaxio was nerfed. He used to seek hero attachments as well, hence warriors could seek Blood Frenzy, priests could seek Divine Connection and Lingering Essence, everyone cold seek Confluence of Fate. All of these are hero attachments that change the flow of the game significantly if drawn consistently every time. Speedstrike in my opinion falls into same category.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Speed Strike is incredibly powerful. I do see where the opinion from Offspring is rooted. I agree with it to an extent and even offered my own opinion and idea for a change. However, I feel I may be incorrect after reading Nik post. Speed Strike is game breaking once you have a weapon in play. Even just a JD.

There are not many cards around to deal with attachments and even the ones that are available tend to be run maybe 1-2x in a deck. Which is why Blood frenzy is still so strong. Perhaps there is some limited effectiveness thanks to the resurgence of Jericho but that is only one hero.

I suppose it should remain as is. If not just for the fact that Speed Strike is so strong but that in the future more attachments may present themselves that makes Wulven prohpet even more valuable. I mean, it is an open ended attachment Seek. Who knows what could come in future sets that we wouldn’t want sent to hand immediately.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you guys for the feedbacks and suggestions.

In fact I think the seek from Trapper and Weaponsmith are too good for their cost, but I'd hate to have them nerfed.
    I think Prophet is too weak not only compared to them, but also because he can pull to top deck basically good cards only for Darkclaw, while the other two can be used with several heroes/strategies.

I don't think Prophet would be OP if changed to seek to hand instead, I sustain the idea of giving it a try.

If you ever come up with the idea of nerfing the first two cards mentioned, please don't make them the same as current Prophet. Maybe something like "when you cast Krugal Trapper you can seek your deck for a Trap card. If you have less or equal resources than your opponent put it in your hand, otherwise put it on top of your deck" would be more softly.

Thx!
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers