Close

Thread: Top Deck Cards

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place Silverclaw's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Top Deck Cards

For me one of the biggest issues of this game is the high part of luck. Most players i talk to said me the part of luck is about 60-80% and skill is the smaller part. Of cause this is a card game and luck will always be a part of it, but we need to reduce it!

My Suggestion: Top Deck Cards

Imagine every hero has his own collection of top deck cards (for example 3 different cards). Its only allowed the choose 1of them. For example 38 cards 1 hero 1 top deck card = 40 card deck.

I would do this hero spezific. Boris has his own 3 top deck cards available and amber too. This also is a good way to balance the indiviual heros.

How it works: as the name said, this card always lay on the top of your deck, it is always the first card you draw! (No luck possible). When you go first you draw 1 top deck card and 5 other cards. When second you draw 1 more of cause and the top deck card. This top deck cards always cost 1cc so it always is the first card you play. Turn 1 is most of the time not used (besides kris in a rush mage) or it has 0cc it need to be tested.

Example for possible top deck cards:

- boris top deck card: 1cc -> seek an attachment —> Boris always have blood frenzy on start hand! Or if he already have it on hand a crippling blow etc...boris really depends on this card. Its like bf early in the game = good chances of a win ... if not, its mostly a loss!

This would work for weapon based heros as well....for example seek a weapon etc.

Also it is possible to implement a muli top deck card, like this:

Eladwen top deck card: You have another chance of a good opening hand! Draw again and your top deck card is remove from the game.

I hope you guys like the idea. Pleas eshare your thoughts with me. Thank you!
    ~T E A M ~J U G G E R N A UT S~

IGN: TJ SilVERclaW

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The idea is amazing! But the premise that Shadow Era involves a lot of luck is not something I can agree with. Of all TCGs I can think of, SE has the lowest luck element.

For example, we intentionally keep random effects to a minimum (compare to Hearthstone!) and we don't require you to put special cards in your deck to use for resources (compare to MTG).

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place Silverclaw's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you, that you like the idea!

I dont play other TCG...but I play SE for a long time. And for me it seems the luck element increased with the time with more updates and more implemented cards. I remember times where we had 30 card decks and the half of the cards overall. I dont want this time back. I love new cards! But it seems logical that the element of luck is higher now. We added some seeking cards, which is great! But we need more
    ~T E A M ~J U G G E R N A UT S~

IGN: TJ SilVERclaW