Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hunter’s Gambit bug? (not a bug)

Hi there

I just played SD Rusty Needle who was playing Zaladar and had spark and flare, plus shard of power out. I was playing Ythan and put hunter’s gambit on flare. Flare already had 1 life due to the effect of shard. It didn’t die when I applied hunter’s gambit. Any idea why not please?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Shard of Power must be the most complicated card to understand in the whole of Shadow Era, due to its bespoke effect of putting a cap on whatever the health would otherwise be.

Here's explanation from 4 years ago which should help show it's working correctly:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post513170

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian, when the ui will be reworked, would it be possible to show the base health ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCyr View Post
    Hi Gondorian, when the ui will be reworked, would it be possible to show the base health ?
    Anything's possible but I can't see it being prioritised. Is there even a simple and clear way to show it without confusing matters? It's pretty much only relevant for a couple of cases so then we would be cluttering the display for minimal benefit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the mystery health can’t be displayed then health reduction needs to kill the sharded ally the same as a kris wild or DMT does. One = one? Or does One = something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyworld View Post
    If the mystery health can’t be displayed then health reduction needs to kill the sharded ally the same as a kris wild or DMT does. One = one? Or does One = something else.

Damage and health reduction are different.

You collect damage that kills you when it matches your max (undamaged) health.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I realize that gondorian but if both values can’t be displayed either due to coding or GUI considerations then reduction needs to be treated as damage. The mechanic of shard that causes this not intuitive as the cards seen on the field do not describe it this way and the 1 hp is really obvious.

This isn’t like attacking an ally that has dmg reductions or immunity. Where the card text plainly seen on the field or attachment stack describes it. It is a mechanical quirk that is masked by the 1 hp seen on the ally.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyworld View Post
    I realize that gondorian but if both values can’t be displayed either due to coding or GUI considerations then reduction needs to be treated as damage. The mechanic of shard that causes this not intuitive as the cards seen on the field do not describe it this way and the 1 hp is really obvious.

This isn’t like attacking an ally that has dmg reductions or immunity. Where the card text plainly seen on the field or attachment stack describes it. It is a mechanical quirk that is masked by the 1 hp seen on the ally.
    I can probably have some special underlying true HP value shown (in addition to actual health which will be 1 when Shard is out) when Shard and anything else where it is relevant is in play. But we are talking very very low priority. This interaction has been around since SF came out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand the priority and thanks for checking on it. My primary thought is for new players (and their first impressions) who would be unfamiliar with the history of the three cards.