Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Do you like the 3.61 Meta?

We do our best to read all the feedback sent to us about the game, and the cards especially, but it has occurred to me that we don't really explicitly go out seeking specific feedback. It's more of a push arrangement than a pull. You can consider this an attempt to pull (don't tell my wife).

Do YOU generally like 3.61 in terms of balance/variety, compared to previous versions?

Do YOU think much needs to change in terms of balance/variety to ensure the next version is the best version of SE ever?

We want to know your thoughts!

p.s. If we get plenty of useful feedback (positive or negative), then we will share a spoiler of a forthcoming card!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3.60/3.61 might have been my favorite season yet, due to the new cards and SEF challenges. I only really started playing competitively around January after taking a long break, so keep that in mind. Still, the reason I play TCGs is to build decks and try out new strategies. 3.60 brought in so many new cards to play around with, and discovering those strategies was very rewarding and fun. 3.61 was a needed adjustment to a couple of the top decks that were over-played. Some people complained about the lack of nerfs to attachment priests, but I never thought that was a huge deal (you can read my comment in the post here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....st-quot-(3-61)). I really enjoyed the SEF challenge. I played more Shadow Era in a single month than I ever had before haha. Rewarding players who are able to take underused decks and make it somewhat competitive is really cool and something I enjoyed because it gave me something to do other than grind games to get to the top rank.

Balance-wise, Elementals and Mages need more support. Elementals are strong, but they basically only can play aggro or cheese like Shard Zal due to a lack of control tools compared to other classes. Mages didn't get anything super good in 3.60 other than Subdue, while other classes got a lot of really strong stuff. Overall though, I think the meta is pretty balanced, especially in comparison with other TCGs. It's actually mind boggling how so many different decks can all be viable in Shadow Era.
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mojorge View Post
    3.60/3.61 might have been my favorite season yet, due to the new cards and SEF challenges. I only really started playing competitively around January after taking a long break, so keep that in mind. Still, the reason I play TCGs is to build decks and try out new strategies. 3.60 brought in so many new cards to play around with, and discovering those strategies was very rewarding and fun. 3.61 was a needed adjustment to a couple of the top decks that were over-played. Some people complained about the lack of nerfs to attachment priests, but I never thought that was a huge deal (you can read my comment in the post here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....st-quot-(3-61)). I really enjoyed the SEF challenge. I played more Shadow Era in a single month than I ever had before haha. Rewarding players who are able to take underused decks and make it somewhat competitive is really cool and something I enjoyed because it gave me something to do other than grind games to get to the top rank.

Balance-wise, Elementals and Mages need more support. Elementals are strong, but they basically only can play aggro or cheese like Shard Zal due to a lack of control tools compared to other classes. Mages didn't get anything super good in 3.60 other than Subdue, while other classes got a lot of really strong stuff. Overall though, I think the meta is pretty balanced, especially in comparison with other TCGs. It's actually mind boggling how so many different decks can all be viable in Shadow Era.
    Thank you for this very useful feedback. You will be pleased to know SEF Team Challenge is returning in September!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SEF is back !!!!!
    Please dont cap the rewards like last time :-p
    Time to grind !
    WC 2018, WC 2019 Finalist
    IGN - RS Flameborn
    Telegram - rs_flameborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In general I'd say that yes the 3.61 meta has been fine. Some things that I didn't like (like stall Vess) have already been addressed in 3.62 proposed changes, so the only thing that seems odd to leave out was the attachment Priests. As I have played Bloodfang as of recently, I haven't had as much issue with it (plenty of kill cards in my deck, lol), but it can still be quite annoying. I just don't know how much of a good idea it was to make Priests also have a really strong early game, when they are already a strong late game class as well. If their early game gets countered, just Tidal Wave and restart. Allies like Scholar and Adventist also just seem to do a lot in one cheap body. Scholar is both resource renewal and provides draw. Adventist gives himself a buff and can deal damage. Like I said, there are ways to get around it, but that can be a bit hard even in the best of matchups.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meta is pretty good right now. As I said in the other thread I do think attach priest needs to go. Other than that things seem to be pretty good.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reply... Where is my spoiler?
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango
    I'm guessing we need more feedback.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3.61 is much better than 3.60 and a lot more diverse.

Baduruu resource kill with krugals seems almost impossible for most decks to deal with, and attach priest is over the top but these decks can be dealth with if a few changes are made to key cards to bring them back down to earth

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    Reply... Where are your manners?