Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to assume lack of replies means everyone is either too busy playing or so happy they have not opened forum recently to complain.

But I don't like making assumptions (something about you, me and an ass - no not Frodo, Sam and Bill/Gollum), so please speak up and let us know your thoughts. There's a spoiler riding on this too!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Yeah, come on people, do you seriously not want a spoiler? Get posting!
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Reply... Where are your manners?
    Spoiler! Please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's a whole separate thread on Attachment Priest-and I think it's a bit unfortunate that after two updates Scholar and Adventist haven't received nerfs even though they are obviously overpowered. Attachment Priest is hurting the meta- there are really no strong counters to those decks.

That one (serious) criticism aside- the meta is good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the 3.61 meta. I love all the new cards from Lost Lands. The only change I think needs to be made is Priest. I've been thinking about it. Scholar should be changed to Unique and have the resource gain effect removed. That way they can't draw 5+ cards in the end phase which is unfair. Cause even if you found some way to break their board they could always retaliate with a tidal wave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do agree with guys above that meta now is kind of good. But it can always be better, right? That s why I m posting this. Also I fully agree with those who say attachment Priest is too strong and that Scholar needs nerf and maybe Adventist also does need a small nerf.

I d like to point out few more hidden things that are maybe not so conspicous though. There is still a bit of NPE decks around - some people managed to refine Moonstaller with Surging Darkness card, Trap Vic is very NPE to play against for me personally and it got enhanced with Krugal Trapper, Full Moon card allows plenty NPE stalling tactics and decks. A location card Shold: Tempests Gorge is clearly broken, although to my utter dismay noone has been raising this issue as yet (I was about to make thread about it since the card was released but was too lazy yet). Isn t the philosphy behind locations to have both pros and cons to them, which should usually be of same caliber? Well gues what - this card has got only very strong pros to it with no cons whatsoever! What s even more it doubles out on pros for controller on the non-controller side that theoretically is supposed to give pros and counters to opponent!! There already are a number of decks capitalizing on this unjust OPness (other locations seem more or less balanced - containing some, often strong, negative effects for controller) but I guess it was coming from radar so far because people were too busy learning new meta. Well now we re past this phase, so NPE decks and broken cards will start being true pain up the bum gradually so now is the time to deal with the most things I am speaking of with the closest update - to avoid them leaving bad taste in the mouth like last years tweaks to NPE cards (that were long overdue) did.

P.S.
    I m still on the side that Subdue should loose Sustain 1 hp for opponent - because it s unduely too strong for a playstyle archetype that can be labelled pretty NPE (tbh properly executed rush mage allows little interaction, so it should not be overly boosted). Also the Springs location seems unbalanced - the way it is now seems to just provide bonuses to controller while non-controller ones are virtual, because they are in fact too costly, situational and crappy to be of any advantage for non-controller.

Really hoping you look into these things for sake of enhancing gameplay of SE. Scholar is a problem, but not the only one - there are a few more, which aren t just that visible yet. On the bright side - meta has improved in general and people can see that, so keep up good job. But there is still these few issues I just spoken of, so hoping you will do sth about them now.

P.S. 2

Please give our spoiler now
    Last edited by LeonTheBarbarian; 09-01-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonTheBarbarian View Post
    I do agree with guys above that meta now is kind of good. But it can always be better, right? That s why I m posting this. Also I fully agree with those who say attachment Priest is too strong and that Scholar needs nerf and maybe Adventist also does need a small nerf.

I d like to point out few more hidden things that are maybe not so conspicous though. There is still a bit of NPE decks around - some people managed to refine Moonstaller with Surging Darkness card, Trap Vic is very NPE to play against for me personally and it got enhanced with Krugal Trapper, Full Moon card allows plenty NPE stalling tactics and decks. A location card Shold: Tempests Gorge is clearly broken, although to my utter dismay noone has been raising this issue as yet (I was about to make thread about it since the card was released but was too lazy yet). Isn t the philosphy behind locations to have both pros and cons to them, which should usually be of same caliber? Well gues what - this card has got only very strong pros to it with no cons whatsoever! What s even more it doubles out on pros for controller on the non-controller side that theoretically is supposed to give pros and counters to opponent!! There already are a number of decks capitalizing on this unjust OPness (other locations seem more or less balanced - containing some, often strong, negative effects for controller) but I guess it was coming from radar so far because people were too busy learning new meta. Well now we re past this phase, so NPE decks and broken cards will start being true pain up the bum gradually so now is the time to deal with the most things I am speaking of with the closest update - to avoid them leaving bad taste in the mouth like last years tweaks to NPE cards (that were long overdue) did.

P.S.
    I m still on the side that Subdue should loose Sustain 1 hp for opponent - because it s unduely too strong for a playstyle archetype that can be labelled pretty NPE (tbh properly executed rush mage allows little interaction, so it should not be overly boosted). Also the Springs location seems unbalanced - the way it is now seems to just provide bonuses to controller while non-controller ones are virtual, because they are in fact too costly, situational and crappy to be of any advantage for non-controller.

Really hoping you look into these things for sake of enhancing gameplay of SE. Scholar is a problem, but not the only one - there are a few more, which aren t just that visible yet. On the bright side - meta has improved in general and people can see that, so keep up good job. But there is still these few issues I just spoken of, so hoping you will do sth about them now.

P.S. 2

Please give our spoiler now
    Thank you for this. 3.62 has gone for building so it's too late to be raising OPness of Gorge, unfortunately. But who knows how the balance changes will affect whatever uses you are referring to. There are some great new cards on horizon that could really shake up the meta too, so it's our preference to wait for them to be out to try to adjust properly. To be honest, we should really have all LL out before judging any as finished and we are working hard to get there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haven't had any time to play, so nothing to complain about or complement.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do enjoy the game as it is right now.

There are more heroes that are viable than before which makes things more interesting.

The only ones sitting on the sideline wondering what it is like to be a real Hero are Nishaven, Logan, Raikka and Rothem.

Priests are good again (likely a little too good) but it has been a while for them so I am ok with it for now.

Zaladar has taken a hit and nobody wants to play it any longer with the OP garbage that was Soul Reaper out of the picture. Which kind of tells you it was a good move.

Moonstalker has many counters to stealth in play so it is not as cancerous as in the past. Stealth is an incredibly powerful ability. It’s a good thing to not have it be so unchallenged.

I think al three Rogues are in a good spot despite the recent releases which did not do much other than Dhalia Blackrose who is awesome!

Mages kind of still run the same game plan but it is still effective.

Wulven has taken a step forward overall with some great promise being shown by Darkclaw and Bloodfang.

Hunters have more trickery with Krugal around.

Warriors are still fairly solid and effective.

Overall, I am really enjoying this state of the game. After the last release we had months of meta shifts.

Attachment priest, Streets and his Aldmor Wagon, the Vera/Ergon disaster and then Krugal Baduruu brought him out from the darkness.

Seems a healthy spot to be in with only a few issues remaining. Namely Scholar imo.

Very happy indeed with this state in the game and can not wait to see how things change with next release.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter