Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    fucccxccccccxxck scholar sucking stupid piece of shirt
    Last edited by Gondorian; 08-24-2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Foul language removed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    **** scholar ****ing stupid piece of ****
    That's not constructive discussion.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is attachment priest? Not to put too fine of a point on it, but it's the deck that you had in mind when you designed scholar and Adventist. Two very efficient 2 drops with abilities two passive abilities each that play of them having an attachment on them.

There have been a number of threads about scholar before, most of the points previously raised about this card are still true.

Just watch any of the top 10 rated players priest decks - almost guaranteed they will have one - When matched against other top rated players.

The big thing is that they don't need to sacrifice the early game to have a strong late game or vice versa. They also have in built counters to most other archetypes that mean they won't need to devote deck space to cards that are dead draws in other match ups.

Too much value on the 2 drops Scholar and to a lesser degree Adventist.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if scholar here why Victor not allowed to recycle gambit
    Member of Alliance One
    nice place to make friends

A1 Beantalk treasure box
    Top 8 WC2016 | Top 8 WC2017 | Top 32 WC2018 | Champ WC2019 | Top 16 WC2020
    Damn its been a long time i play this game

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not yet offended, please be patient.
    I will get to you shortly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. A style of play that generally abuses Adventist and Scholar's abilities to achieve absurd plays early in the game. They are often supplemented with a powerful draw engine (Confluence of Fate, Scholar) and playing your entire hand only requires 4 or so resources (thanks to Scholar and Divine Connection.)

2. Wulven can do well against it. And there are some tech cards that you can adopt (like Sinkhole), but otherwise it's very hard to stop and there isn't that much strategy to playing these decks. These counters aren't even very strong counters as Priest attachment has probably the most powerful draw engine in the game. It's also problematic that Priests have a number of cards to stop counterplay from other decks. Ex. Jericho can remove negative effects on allies effortlessly.

3. I think it pushes the meta and card design in an uncomfortable direction. Having 2-drops that are so powerful and easy to abuse will result in a power creep for later cards. I personally don't like to play against it and the lack of full deck counters is problematic.

4. Going to (3), it's a serious problem certainly long-term. I think the solution is simple regarding card design. These 2-drops simply do too much. Scholar having resource renewal *and* card draw is too much. Adventist having buff *and* dealing damage to opponent is too much as well. There should also be cards that specifically punish players for playing too many attachments (outside of those only found within the Priest class!).
    Last edited by shadowphnx; 08-26-2018 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Elaborated description on counters

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Decklist first. ALWAYS.

Show the deck, and show the replays. That’s more influential than your mere opinion.

I haven’t come across any broken attachment priest. So I’m not convinced.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Kylit

I don't think it's broken per se- and I think there are other equally important questions. (Does this type of deck support a healthy meta? How will this impact future card design?)

It really boils down to the fact that for pretty much every card type- there is a faction that can punish players for overly relying on it. Rogues have item (board) wipes. Priests have ally (board) wipes. There really aren't any cards that remove *all* attachments (except within priest!) And at the very least, there should be a faction that can deal with attachments effortlessly.