Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.62

Hi all!

We're very pleased to announce balance changes coming in 3.62 that we hope will further improve the gameplay. As always, we appreciate feedback, especially in the light of the busy tournament season ahead of us.

SHATTERED FATES

Voracious Arachnid - Ability changed to "When an ally is killed, Voracious Arachnid gains +1 base attack. 1SE: Target other ally with cost less than Voracious Arachnid's current attack is killed." (from "When an ally is killed, Voracious Arachnid gains +1 base attack. 1SE: Target opposing ally with cost less than Voracious Arachnid's current attack is killed.").

Mettle of the Warrior - Ability changed to "Attach to your hero. When you summon a weapon, armor, Warrior ally, Warrior item or Warrior support ability, your hero and Warrior allies you control heal 1 damage." (from "Attach to your hero. When you summon a Warrior card, your hero and Warrior allies you control heal 1 damage.").

Aural Battery - Cost reduced to 3cc (from 4cc).

LOST LANDS

Kallista, Twilight Matriarch - Health increased to 7HP (from 6HP).

Armored Packbeast - Attack increased to 1 (from 0). Ability changed to "All damage to Armored Packbeast is reduced by 1. At the end of each of your turns, adjacent heroes and allies heal 1 damage." (from "All damage to Armored Packbeast is reduced by 1, and it has +1 attack while damaged. At the end of each of your turns, your hero and other allies heal 1 damage.").

Yari Plunderer - Ability changed to "When Yari Plunderer is summoned while you don't control a weapon, target weapon in a graveyard is returned to play under your control with 1 durability and +1 base attack." (from "When Yari Plunderer is summoned while you don't control a weapon, target weapon in a graveyard is returned to play under your control with 1 durability.").

Disarming Personality - Ability changed to "Target weapon with X base attack or armor with X defense becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability and no abilities." (from "Target weapon with X base attack becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability and no abilities.").

Leash of Life - Cost reduced to 2cc (from 3cc).

Tempest Runebearer - Attack increased to 2 (from 1) Ability changed to "Ability damage to Tempest Runebearer is reduced by 1. While ability damage has been dealt this turn, Tempest Runebearer has +1 attack." ( from "Ability damage to Tempest Runebearer is reduced by 1. While ability damage has been dealt this turn, Tempest Runebearer has +2 attack.").

Rest for the Weary - Ability changed to "If there is a location in play, target ally is moved to the top of its owner's deck. If there are no locations in play, draw 2 cards." (from "If there is a location in play, target ally is moved to the top of its owner's deck. If there are no locations in play, you draw 2 cards and each other player draws 1 card.").

Stun Turret - Durability reduced to 2D (from 3D).

Feel free to comment below with your thoughts!

EDIT BY GONDORIAN (23rd August): There is a separate thread for talk about "Attachment Priest".

EDIT2 BY GONDORIAN (24th August): The Subdue nerf has been deferred indefinitely because we're trying to nerf as little as possible in 3.62, the meta is actually pretty well spread and we have big tournaments coming up that people might have wanted to bring tuned Mage decks to.

EDIT3 BY GONDORIAN (27th August): Twilight Luminary buff is deferred indefinitely because it may well be a buff too far (based on our playtesting) and we would like to see the 3.62 meta before making a decision. The Mettle of the Warrior change has been buffed (from being a strict nerf) to now include weapons and armor and support abilities (but it still loses attachments and one-shot abilities) because we want to both encourage it in new builds and discourage it in others (i.e. stally ones).

DEFERRED CHANGES (which might happen in future version):

Twilight Luminary - Ability changed to "Friendly Twilight allies with cost 3 or less have haste and meek the turn they are summoned. 2SE: Seek a Twilight ally." (from "Friendly Twilight allies with cost 2 or less have haste. 2SE: Seek a Twilight ally (if your hand is not full, reveal a Twilight ally from your deck and place it in your hand; shuffle your deck).").

Subdue - Ability changed to "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -2 attack and adjacent allies have -1 attack. While that ally is adjacent to a hero, it has Sustain: 1HP." (from "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has Sustain: 1HP and -2 attack. Allies adjacent to that ally have -1 attack.").
    Last edited by Gondorian; 08-27-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love some of these new changes in sure some cards will get replayed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Changes look good but surprised about change to Arachnid. Thought it was fine as it was.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome changes
    I was really afraid of a bigger nerf to Stun Turret, but this one seems fine to me, as it wont break the card (still better than Groundshift imo).

New Arachning is really nice, I Always wanted this change, its one of my favourite cards in the whole game

Nice change for Rest for the Weary too, and the new life for Twilights. Maybe we will see them back in the scene now, and also human homunculus (after Turret durability reduction).

The biggest change imo was on Disarming Personality. Might be a bit too much now tbh, I dont think mages should deal as easy with items as priests do (maybe cc would have to be increased to 4 in the future, or increasing Focused Prayer to 4cc to balance item destructions among the classes).

And, I asked many times before so Im asking here again: please bring back previous Feasterling, current one is too painful.

Cheers
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attach priest is still going to be too strong. None of these changes will affect it. Other than that the changes are mostly fine or won't have much impact on the meta
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 08-22-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chaos engine and templar adventist still escaping the nerf hammer
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am sorry to say but new Arachnid is gonna create a very NPE new meta. Not sure how OP it is gonna be, but it is definately gonna be NPE with less cards needed than scholar
    New Luminary seems equally dangerous
    The rest of changes seem well thought of
    Good that new subdue, leash, pack, mettle seem to oppose stall archetypes
    New metrle should then be 3cc imo. No reason ever playing it at 4cc if u plan to only play items
    Also subdue is quite unplayable. Why play with 3cc smth doing less than consuming fear or retreat?
    Not sure why RotW still jeeds a location to trigger. Seems quite lost in the woods about what it was meant to do. 3cc for 2 cards sounds quite few tbh
    Last edited by A1 Otto7; 08-22-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A1 Otto7 View Post
    I am sorry to say but new Arachnid is gonna create a very NPE new meta. Not sure how OP it is gonna be, but it is definately gonna be NPE with less cards needed than scholar
    Please can you elaborate. I appreciate it might take some time and a wall of text or ten, but it would be helpful to hear your theories!

Cerddorion
    Congratulations on one more step to creating a predominantly aggro environment by continually hating on and weakening control tools. If all I wanted to do was to play a creature and smash face, I'd play hearthstone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love the changes done to Stun Turret, reducing to 2 dura from 3. And buffing up the Twilight cards will see them in action more than we did earlier.