Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can you explain why you nerfed attachment warrior but not attachment priest? you must know the op priest cards right now so i cannot understand how you think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the subdue nerf. It's too good a card. Being able to put sustain 1hp on any ally for only 3cc was way too good. Your only option out was to sacrifice your ally through sacrificial lamb or suicide attack into something but that wasn't always an option since your Atk would be reduced. You could also use Spectral Sabre, Sever Ties, or Retreat the ally. With the new change it can only give sustain 1hp to one ally. It's a great balance change imo.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring View Post
    This thread says "Preview of Balance Changed for 3.62" so I think everything I posted here is somehow related (nerfs, buffs, new cards).
    I can move it to another place if needed but still I believe its worth discussing here as well.
    Undeads and Human Homunculus semt to be the best tribes for too long. Recent changes balanced a bit some other classes, but there are still classes far behing most of them.

I agree that numbers alone look unbalanced, but that's not the only (or main) issue. You cant expect a class like Yari, for example, to be that strong, versatile, and complete, as Homunculus, Undead or Wulven, for both a matter of quantity and quality.

As a fan of tribal decks I will always endorse this kind of discussion within the forum threads. So, as we are talking about the next update, thinking about new tribal cards is something valid.
    What you are asking for is outside the scope of the balance changes coming in this update. 3.62 was originally just to update to the latest Unity and do some bug fixes, but there were balance changes we'd agreed on that I said we could put in now, which you see above.

A comprehensive review of all tribes, which your sheet seems to be about, is certainly a worthwhile thing but not if any decisions can't be implemented in 3.62. This is why I said it's best conducted on a thread not for 3.62.

Cerddorion
    So what was the complaint about PACKBEAST of all things? Lol. Not even Fristar complained about it lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm actually pretty okay with most of these, even Stun Turret, which I know I opposed before, but more thinking about makes me think is probably a good idea. Like others have mentioned I'm a bit confused with no changes to attachment Priests, but we'll see.

SHATTERED FATES

Voracious Arachnid - Ability changed to "When an ally is killed, Voracious Arachnid gains +1 base attack. 1SE: Target other ally with cost less than Voracious Arachnid's current attack is killed." (from "When an ally is killed, Voracious Arachnid gains +1 base attack. 1SE: Target opposing ally with cost less than Voracious Arachnid's current attack is killed.").
    This one confuses me, because it's not really a card that is super unplayed or anything that a buff would really seem warranted. I can understand something like buff to Aural Battery, but what exactly is the logic behind this one?

Mettle of the Warrior - Ability changed to "Attach to your hero. When you summon a Warrior ally or Warrior item, your hero and Warrior allies you control heal 1 damage." (from "Attach to your hero. When you summon a Warrior card, your hero and Warrior allies you control heal 1 damage.").
    Pretty well kills stall Vess, which I don't super hate considering how annoying that deck can be.

Aural Battery - Cost reduced to 3cc (from 4cc).
    Nice. Could help out Zal or Prax a bit more now.

LOST LANDS

Twilight Luminary - Ability changed to "Friendly Twilight allies with cost 3 or less have haste and meek the turn they are summoned. 2SE: Seek a Twilight ally." (from "Friendly Twilight allies with cost 2 or less have haste. 2SE: Seek a Twilight ally (if your hand is not full, reveal a Twilight ally from your deck and place it in your hand; shuffle your deck).").
    Twilight Warden says "Thanks for the indirect buff guys!" Seriously, watch out with this one, I can imagine this becoming a pain real fast.

Kallista, Twilight Matriarch - Health increased to 7HP (from 6HP).
    More help for Twilights.

Armored Packbeast - Attack increased to 1 (from 0). Ability changed to "All damage to Armored Packbeast is reduced by 1. At the end of each of your turns, adjacent heroes and allies heal 1 damage." (from "All damage to Armored Packbeast is reduced by 1, and it has +1 attack while damaged. At the end of each of your turns, your hero and other allies heal 1 damage.").
    Sort of a nerbuff. Give it a flat 1 ATK at expense of no longer being a global heal. I imagine it will still see use, maybe not as much anymore though.

Yari Plunderer - Ability changed to "When Yari Plunderer is summoned while you don't control a weapon, target weapon in a graveyard is returned to play under your control with 1 durability and +1 base attack." (from "When Yari Plunderer is summoned while you don't control a weapon, target weapon in a graveyard is returned to play under your control with 1 durability.").
    You can do 1 more damage now. Yay!

Subdue - Ability changed to "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -2 attack and adjacent allies have -1 attack. While that ally is adjacent to a hero, it has Sustain: 1HP." (from "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has Sustain: 1HP and -2 attack. Allies adjacent to that ally have -1 attack.").
    This is a big one. Many people calling for a change, yet I wonder if this card will stop seeing much use because of this change.

Disarming Personality - Ability changed to "Target weapon with X base attack or armor with X defense becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability and no abilities." (from "Target weapon with X base attack becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability and no abilities.").
    I like it.

Leash of Life - Cost reduced to 2cc (from 3cc).
    Never really seen this card anyway, so anything would be a help.

Tempest Runebearer - Attack increased to 2 (from 1) Ability changed to "Ability damage to Tempest Runebearer is reduced by 1. While ability damage has been dealt this turn, Tempest Runebearer has +1 attack." ( from "Ability damage to Tempest Runebearer is reduced by 1. While ability damage has been dealt this turn, Tempest Runebearer has +2 attack.").
    Brings it in line with the base stats you'd expect from a 3cc ally.

Rest for the Weary - Ability changed to "If there is a location in play, target ally is moved to the top of its owner's deck. If there are no locations in play, draw 2 cards." (from "If there is a location in play, target ally is moved to the top of its owner's deck. If there are no locations in play, you draw 2 cards and each other player draws 1 card.").
    Still doubt this will see play.

Stun Turret - Durability reduced to 2D (from 3D).
    Like I said, disagreed with this before, now I think is probably a good idea.
    Last edited by tman507; 08-23-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Old subdue was definitely OP. But new subdue is UP.

What’s the original design intention? Did you want mages to have something that its effect becomes bigger if you have multiple copies of the same card? Or did you want something that leaches life over time?

It’s bad because there’s no reason to choose it over CF. CF is more effective and cheaper to cripple an ally. New subdue never exceed the value of CF even if you have multiple copies of it. ( 2cf is better than 2 subdue, considering the cost)
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    So what was the complaint about PACKBEAST of all things? Lol. Not even Fristar complained about it lol
    Just the fact that it could heal everything always seemed like a bit much to me. Especially when you had more than one in play. Way too much value imo. I’m fine with the change for Packbeast.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I keep seeing people refer to attachment priest here and on telegram, asking why it's not being nerfed. It would be really helpful if we can work together to collect all feedback about it on its own thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....achment-Priest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Becarefull with Twilight Luminary buff, the ability to haste 3 cc Twilight ally is big (hello 5/5 haste steadfast ally), not to mention she could seek them also. I recommend that she should lost her seek ability to compensate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick note to say we are deferring the Subdue change indefinitely. Consider it on the Watch List, along with some other cards like Zailen Scholar.