Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Chat Mod Vexmaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA (GMT-5)
    Posts
    146
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Android App 3.61 stuck on Raikka image after launching (resolved - see inside)

    Hey BoD/Gondo,

    Just updated to v3.61, and now when I try to open the app it stays on the screen with Raikka. Won't go any further.

    Samsung s8+
    Android 8.0

    Thanks,
    Vex
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

  2. #2
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,050
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexmaw View Post
    Hey BoD/Gondo,

    Just updated to v3.61, and now when I try to open the app it stays on the screen with Raikka. Won't go any further.

    Samsung s8+
    Android 8.0

    Thanks,
    Vex
    Please make sure in the App Info for SE that you have given it permission to access Phone Calls and Storage. Someone else had same issue as you and had it set to have no permissions and then gave the permissions and it worked.

  3. #3
    Chat Mod Vexmaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA (GMT-5)
    Posts
    146
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Please make sure in the App Info for SE that you have given it permission to access Phone Calls and Storage. Someone else had same issue as you and had it set to have no permissions and then gave the permissions and it worked.
    It worked. Something must have changed it upon updating
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

  4. #4
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,050
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexmaw View Post
    It worked. Something must have changed it upon updating
    Great. I'm gonna move this to its own thread to help others.

  5. #5
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,050
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    For anyone worried about giving us permission to access your Phone Calls, I think one of our plug-ins claims to need it, but you can choose not to grant that one with no problems, as far as I know. I just shared what was working for someone else.

  6. #6
    Senior Member jacelkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    France (GMT+1)
    Posts
    170
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    For anyone worried about giving us permission to access your Phone Calls, I think one of our plug-ins claims to need it, but you can choose not to grant that one with no problems, as far as I know. I just shared what was working for someone else.
    I can't get the application to start without granting the Phone permission.
    With the new version, if either one of the storage or phone permission is not granted, the application gets stuck on the Raikka screen.

    I'm on Android 8.1 on a Nexus 5X.
    Member of Supreme Legion

    We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

  7. #7
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,050
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    I can't get the application to start without granting the Phone permission.
    With the new version, if either one of the storage or phone permission is not granted, the application gets stuck on the Raikka screen.

    I'm on Android 8.1 on a Nexus 5X.
    Thanks for the info. I've just looked into this and the requirement for Phone Calls permission is so the app can respond correctly when there is an incoming phone call. The storage requirement is there so the expansion file can download with card images, etc.

  8. #8
    Senior Member jacelkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    France (GMT+1)
    Posts
    170
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've just looked into this and the requirement for Phone Calls permission is so the app can respond correctly when there is an incoming phone call. The storage requirement is there so the expansion file can download with card images, etc.
    Thanks for the quick answer. Much appreciated.
    Member of Supreme Legion

    We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •