Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SE 3.61 is not compatiable to EMUI 8.0 ( a special Android 8.0 system)

Hi BoD/Gondo,

Recently, my smart phone (HUAWEI nova 2 plus) operating system updated to EMUI 8.0 which is a special android system designed for HUAWEI smart phone. Since then, SE APP keeps crashing unexpectedly.

One of my friend uses HUAWEI Honor 9. His app only crashes while watching ads. But that still means incompability.

Although only a minority of the players use HUAWEI smart phone. We will be grateful if you can help us to fix this problem.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I'm sorry to hear this and will do my best to resolve, but it may be outside our control if Unity3D does not support that. It might be that we need to update our version of Unity to a 2018 version (we are still using the tried-and-tested one from last year since we know updating can risk making other devices no longer supported).

Did it crash on 3.60 as well?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. I'm sorry to hear this and will do my best to resolve, but it may be outside our control if Unity3D does not support that. It might be that we need to update our version of Unity to a 2018 version (we are still using the tried-and-tested one from last year since we know updating can risk making other devices no longer supported).

Did it crash on 3.60 as well?
    For HUAWEI nova 2 plus, it also crash on 3.60. But for HUAWEI Honor 9, 3.60 won't crash. I think that's because of EMUI 8.0 also have different version.

P.S. HUAWEI nova 2 plus OS code is BAC-AL00 8.0.0.336(C00)
    HUAWEI Honor 9 OS code is STF-AL00 8.0.0.350(C00)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the extra info. We will try updating to the latest unity3d and make a new Android build available if it has no other regressions. I can't give a timescale for this because we don't know what issues we might run into with the update. Thanks for your patience in the mean time.