Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.61

Hi all!

Since the release of 3.60 with 67 new cards we had an ever-changing meta. Several previously established decks got some new tools and several completely new decks emerged during this period, some more stronger than others, and some we would like to see rise up to the challenge. Based on your much appreciated feedback we devised the below list of balance changes to further improve overall enjoyment of the game. As always we'd appreciate any further feedback before these hit live server in 3.61.

SHATTERED FATES

Twilight Opportunist - Ability changed to "Twilight Opportunist has +1 attack while in combat with allies. 0: Twilight Opportunist gains +3 base attack and is killed at the end of your turn." (from "0: Twilight Opportunist gains +3 base attack and is killed at the end of your turn.).

Tome of Blessings - Ability changed to "While a friendly ally has an attachment, ability damage to that ally is reduced by 2 and combat damage to that ally is reduced by 1." (from "While a friendly ally has an attachment, all damage to that ally is reduced by 2.").

Robes of Mending - Cost reduced to 4 (from 5). Durability reduced to 4 (from 5). Ability changed to "When your hero deals damage in combat on your turn, your hero heals 1 damage. 1se: Robes of Mending gains +2 durability to a maximum of 4." (from "At the end of each of your turns, your hero heals 1 damage. 1SE: Robes of Mending gains +2 durability to a maximum of 5.").

LOST LANDS

Aldmor Vanquisher - Ability changed to "When Aldmor Vanquisher is summoned, target opposing ally takes 1 damage. 1SE: All damaged opposing allies take 2 damage." (from "When Aldmor Vanquisher is summoned, target opposing ally takes 1 damage. 1SE: All damaged non-Aldmor allies take 2 damage.").

Popsickle - Ability changed to "Popsickle has +1 attack while there is a frozen ally in play. 0: Popsickle attacks target opposing frozen ally if able." (from "Popsickle has +1 attack while there is an opposing frozen ally. 0: Popsickle attacks target opposing frozen ally if able.").

Vera, High Priestess - Ability changed to "When Vera is summoned while you control Ergon, your hero heals 4 damage and you draw 2 cards. 0SE: Vera is returned to your hand: exchange Vera with the bottom card of your resource pile." (from "When Vera is summoned while you control Ergon, your hero heals 4 damage and you draw 3 cards. 0SE: Vera is returned to your hand: exchange Vera with the bottom card of your resource pile.").

Stardust Descender - Health reduced to 3 (from 4).

Stardust Actualizer - Health reduced to 4HP (from 5HP).

Anmor: Garina Road - Controller ability changed to "Allies with cost 4 or greater cost you 1 less resource to summon. 2SE: If you control no allies, seek an ally with cost 5 or greater." (from "Allies with cost 4 or greater cost you 1 less resource to summon. 2SE: If you control no allies, seek an ally with cost 4 or greater.").

Yahari: Valley of Doom - Non-controller ability changed to "2SE: Draw 2 cards and this location is exiled." (from "4SE: All allies with cost 3 or less are exiled. // 2SE: Draw 2 cards and take control of this location.").

CAMPAIGN

Phaedon Barbarian - Attack increased to 4 (from 3).

Phaedon Commander - Health increased to 5HP (from 4HP).

Once again, thank you for your feedback and feel free to comment below with your thoughts!
    Last edited by Veles; 07-05-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice changes, specially the ones that affect the most played (and imo a bit OP) decks in the moment: Priest Vergon, Priest Templar Attachment and Rush Aldmor Elementals

Three more things that Id really love to see changed would be:
    1) Return Feasterling to his previous form
    2) Return Vull to his previous form
    3) Make Dragon's Tooth lose durability when the hero attacks and kill an ally with cost 5 or more

Cheers
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Robes of Mending change is a bit strange. I guess it's a Threbin armor now or buff for Wizent's Staff players?
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring View Post
    Very nice changes, specially the ones that affect the most played (and imo a bit OP) decks in the moment: Priest Vergon, Priest Templar Attachment and Rush Aldmor Elementals

Three more things that Id really love to see changed would be:
    1) Return Feasterling to his previous form
    2) Return Vull to his previous form
    3) Make Dragon's Tooth lose durability when the hero attacks and kill an ally with cost 5 or more

Cheers
    I actually agree about Dragon's Tooth. It says when your hero attacks not when it enters combat.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still think sosilo should be changed back to turn 4. And Scholar is still an insanely strong 2cc that needs a nerf imo. Other than that these changes are mostly fine
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 07-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love all the changes didn't wipe the Meta decks totally out just made them slightly less o.p
    Telegram ~ @EXIL3

Notable Tournament Placings :

Summit 2018 , Top 8 - https://challonge.com/TheSummit2018

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to see a change on Subdue too but I am happy with these changes! Lets see how the meta evolves

PS: I think the wording on Robes of Mending is a bit "funny". The simplest change for consistency I would think is change it from "When your hero deals damage in combat on your turn" to "When your hero deals combat damage on your turn". Btw I assume that if somehow Priests manage to attack twice or more on your turn then RoM should heal 2+, correct?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I would like to see a change on Subdue too but I am happy with these changes! Lets see how the meta evolves

PS: I think the wording on Robes of Mending is a bit "funny". The simplest change for consistency I would think is change it from "When your hero deals damage in combat on your turn" to "When your hero deals combat damage on your turn". Btw I assume that if somehow Priests manage to attack twice or more on your turn then RoM should heal 2+, correct?
    The "When your hero deals damage in combat on your turn.." wording allows Threbin to heal 2 damage if he attacks with his ability active.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post

Damage in combat would seem to imply Threbin would heal twice since, in combat, he first deals damage with this hero ability and then damage with his weapon. If that is intended, then the wording would be correct.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring View Post

Cheers
    IMO Dragon's Tooth should be buffed instead, make it 2/3 or 2/2
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons