Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the difference is the target affected from each attachment. Extra Sharp's effect is on friendly ally (A) not opposing ally (B). So when in combat, A has +2 attack and ALR doesn't "see" any opposing attachment has a direct effect on B.

In th case of Into the Forest, it's the same. Hero is hidden but that affects no allies on the board.

Now with Subdue/Turncoat (and ofc CB, CP, Hymn, etc) the attachment has an action directly affecting your allies. So ALR kicks in and stops all those effects.

In my mind the differentiation is clear, I am not sure if I have explained it well though.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I think the difference is the target affected from each attachment. Extra Sharp's effect is on friendly ally (A) not opposing ally (B). So when in combat, A has +2 attack and ALR doesn't "see" any opposing attachment has a direct effect on B.

In th case of Into the Forest, it's the same. Hero is hidden but that affects no allies on the board.

Now with Subdue/Turncoat (and ofc CB, CP, Hymn, etc) the attachment has an action directly affecting your allies. So ALR kicks in and stops all those effects.

In my mind the differentiation is clear, I am not sure if I have explained it well though.
    Good explanation and exactly what i was thinking...ALR blocks attachment effects when they are directed toward the ally equipped with ALR.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    How is A Legend Rises supposed to interact with an opponent's use of attachments?

What if my opponent attaches Into the Forest to their hero, but I have ALR on my ally? Can my ally still attack their hero?

Does Aimed Shot do extra damage to an ally with ALR, or is the ally 'immune from enemy attachments'?

How does the logic work so that we know when to consider if something has a quality that an ally should be immune to?
    General rule of thumb if you're not sure is to ask whether the attachment actually refers to the ally with ALR. Aside from the Turncoat bug that's fixed in 3.61, everything in the game works correctly with ALR as far as I know, so behaviour of other cards is a good guide.

Into the Forest is just giving some benefit to the hero it's on. ALR is irrelevant.
    Aimed Shot gives attack boost to a Bow. ALR is irrelevant.
    Subdue and Turncoat both refer to an opposing ally to cause some effect on them, so ALR is relevant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the response. I'm not criticizing the behavior of the cards. I'm attempting to boil down the logic so that a new player can understand it, or a physical cards player can make clear how the evaluation works.

The 'general rule of thumb' is simply saying: 'Rest assured that the other cards are all working properly at this point.'

If there were a new Attachment card:
    Extra Hot: Target opposing ally and its neighbors take one fire damage and are set ablaze.
    A Legend Rises should provide its ally immunity from both the ping and the damage-on-turn, regardless of whether that ally is the recipient of Extra Hot or is merely adjacent to it. Right?

Is it the fact that the attachment is referring to the ally that is important (albeit indirectly if it is the adjacent one) or is it because it is an official Negative Effect, or does it require both?

Aimed Shot is an attachment that sticks to a weapon, so I can easily see how a physical cards player could add up the hit points to determine damage, and then deduct them while attacking into A Legend Rises, unless there is a logical structure to observe.

If there is a logical structure, what is it?
    Last edited by a player; 07-05-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    If there were a new card:
    Extra Hot: Target opposing ally and its neighbors take one fire damage and are set ablaze.
    A Legend Rises should provide its ally immunity from both the ping and the damage-on-turn, regardless of whether that ally is the recipient of Extra Hot or is merely adjacent to it. Right?
    If Extra Hot is an attachment then your inference about it is correct.

I already covered Aimed Shot. It's not doing anything to the ally, it's boosting the weapon.