Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    568
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Subdue next to ALR

    Sd Fristar vs A1 Sevenlions
    Subdue did not subtract 1att from opponent ally next to it with alr.

    Ally 3/3
    +2att alr
    + 1 att bonus
    -1 subdue adj
    Should be 5 on his turn.
    Picture shows its still at six

  2. #2
    DP Visionary Shadow Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,874
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    1
    If ally is immune to enemy attachments due to alr, why should he lose 1 attack from an attachment?
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    568
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    If ally is immune to enemy attachments due to alr, why should he lose 1 attack from an attachment?
    I had subdue on the adj ally. It would not be immune from it but was.

  4. #4
    DP Visionary Shadow Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,874
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    I had subdue on the adj ally. It would not be immune from it but was.
    I just watched the match...that Night Owl had subdue on it and the ally next to him had subdue. The ALR placed on the NO made him immune to both his subdue and the attack reduction from the subdued ally next to him (as he became immune to the effects from enemy attachments which makes him immune to both subdue).
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    568
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    I just watched the match...that Night Owl had subdue on it and the ally next to him had subdue. The ALR placed on the NO made him immune to both his subdue and the attack reduction from the subdued ally next to him (as he became immune to the effects from enemy attachments which makes him immune to both subdue).
    If u say so

  6. #6
    DP Visionary a player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England, United States GMT-4
    Posts
    1,810
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    It has always been my understanding that A Legend Rises gives the ally (to whom it is attached) immunity from the effects of attachments placed on that ally only.

    ALR has never dispelled the consequences of attachments placed upon an other ally. If your opponent placed Extra Sharp on an ally and struck with extra attack, the extra damage would not be discounted due to your ally's ALR.

    If Subdue is obviated by A Legend Rises attached to an adjacent ally, it must be fully explained.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

  7. #7
    DP Visionary Shadow Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,874
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    It has always been my understanding that A Legend Rises gives the ally (to whom it is attached) immunity from the effects of attachments placed on that ally only.

    ALR has never dispelled the consequences of attachments placed upon an other ally. If your opponent placed Extra Sharp on an ally and struck with extra attack, the extra damage would not be discounted due to your ally's ALR.

    If Subdue is obviated by A Legend Rises attached to an adjacent ally, it must be fully explained.
    Maybe I spoke too soon...now I'm not sure (we've never had the mechanic where an attachment effects an adjacent ally, but I would imagine the ally with ALR is immune to the enemy attachment meaning he doesn't get the -1 attack)...either way I HATE subdue...LOL (I've had to completely modify many cards in my deck just to be able to handle this one card)
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 07-03-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  8. #8
    Senior Member BP Holy Punisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK (GMT+0)
    Posts
    1,460
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I think Shadow Mann is right here. For me it looks the same as the Turncoat case answered here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....A-Legend-Rises
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn


    Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

  9. #9
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,049
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I think Shadow Mann is right here. For me it looks the same as the Turncoat case answered here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....A-Legend-Rises
    Yes. This is working correctly. It is Turncoat that has a bug which is fixed in 3.61.

  10. #10
    DP Visionary a player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England, United States GMT-4
    Posts
    1,810
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    How is A Legend Rises supposed to interact with an opponent's use of attachments?

    What if my opponent attaches Into the Forest to their hero, but I have ALR on my ally? Can my ally still attack their hero?

    Does Aimed Shot do extra damage to an ally with ALR, or is the ally 'immune from enemy attachments'?

    How does the logic work so that we know when to consider if something has a quality that an ally should be immune to?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •