Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Otto7’s 46-1 winrate Lance

Hey everyone!

It’s been a long since i posted smth in SE forums, i usually spend my game time in A1 telegram rooms , but i got a good streak and people kept asking about the deck. We in A1 have as a principle to always be helpful for the new (or old ) players,so basically here it is! I hope u find it fun and enjoy playing it!! It helped me make a 19 winstreak and a 27 one, only split by one loss (with one bloody HP..). It also helped to reach top5 in both rate and score which is kind of solid proof imo. I suggest u read the analysis too so that u get some basic stuff on how to get it to work

(Edit: shamelessly stole the link-list from Gondorian’s post ����)

Hero: Lance Shadowstalker

Allies (27):
    3x Layarian Knight
    3x Masked Bandit
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Night Owl
    3x Sword Thief
    3x Tainted Oracle
    2x Dhalia Blackrose
    3x Eriss Fateweaver
    2x Nathanias, People's Champion
    1x Oliver Fagin
    1x Kion the Magnificent

Abilities (3):
    3x Stop, Thief!

Items (10):
    2x Hit List
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Anklebreaker
    1x Dagger of Unmaking

= 41 cards ~ 19140g

View in Deckbuilder

1) The 2cc split. Knight ofc is better than Bandit in summ, but Bandit has some cases that he is awesome for this build. Chance to retaliate and then play and hit back vs 3atk priest allies who are the meta. In another meta it would have been 4-2 for the split. Also survivability to hit once after a lighttning strike is great for a usually difficult MU of Lance, mages. So consider Knight pairing with Aldon (vs mainly opp Knights in decks u dont expect a lot of Aldons) and Bandit with Swordthief (so that Bandit stays alive and activewithout opp’s retaliation).

2) That explains the 3cc split as well. Split of Knight and Bandit went with split of Aldon and Swordthief. Owl is too good to not be at 3 but i had no space for 4th and since my 2cc card curve had hitlists too, i skipled the 4th owl

3) Split of TO and IGG. Typical Power Ranger Lance is based on allies (Tainted Oracle) in order to maximize Nathan’s chances for smth good. That is kind of..bad for current meta. Cause it is slow. The stallish priests need to be pushed form the start so u want TOs more than IGG. For diferent reasons,vs Hunters and Warriors u want solid T4 investment with igg. They rarelycan rush u down, so once u establish draw, u get the beatup tempo. 6 cards for T4 draw are more than enough, so the split was good here as well

4) Weapons and Dahlias. U may notice that i have many 5cc drops while usual Lances only had Anklebreakers and were loaded on fatties ( 6cc and higher). Dahlias were inevitable cause they rock vs some allies (BRAXNORIAN SOLDIER being the ultra mega target. NEVER sac a Dahlia and a weapon vs decks u expect Braxs, like Garth or Vic). The presence of Brax and Dahlia is the reason of 5 weapons, i wanted to raise the chances of drawing one when i have my Dahlia. That effectively raises my T5 draws vs Brax to ~3 , plus the Anklebreakers and Bandits that help too
    5) Fatties. Eriss is your main comeback ally. Kills warriors and any previous ally on board to start retaking it. So 3 is necessary. Kills CoF from Priests and kills mages quite effectively too. Paired with T7 Kion is the way how u win vs mages. Kion and Oliver are mainly to avoid have many uniques
    6) ST. I found no reason for more and i dont like Looting in this meta

Now a small talk about usual MUs

Rogues: keep AB/DoU/Dahlia for Brax. He will be there. If Braxcant stick around, Garth cant kill u. Once Kion hits theground, it is gg. Vs Serena u should abuse Owls and fatties. AB helps to chip out health and dura from opp’s weapons. Keep your TOs in hand. They nullify her ability and give u advantage. Also dont expect info about the mirror vs Lance. I offer draws 

Mages: keep early board, invest on bodies, even TO is good to keep your health up. Dahlia for a double kill, Bandit to take double hit, swordthief to raise survivability and ofc fatties are the way to win. Dagger vs Maj is gold, Oliver too. U fortunately u have no answer to Dakrath except a rushed fatty to hope he hits again without a Horror freezing it. It is almost autoloss but luckilly Gravebone isnt the meta

Warriors: u should be able to win this without analysis . Vs Amber never sac ST since she can rush u. And keep ABs too cause it is good to chip down her HP as well

Priests: vs rush attachment kill the CoF and play bodies like vs mages. Rush them down since they lack draw abilities if u have ST, DoU, and Oliver. Vs VErgon go for throat even more. No healing means u mainly have to deal an early 12dmg, plus 2 rush hits, plus 2AB hits. If they draw with Chalice then no heal will seal the deal. By the time Vera+Ergon is a available u should have them down to 10-12HP and start rushing. Always cripple Vera and kill/retreat Ergon. Not the opposite. Deny his draw and heal and u win. Lure tidals with other fatties and save Nathan for after tidal

Wulven: luckilly they arent around. Kill DC with ST, Eriss, and hard hitters. Kill Bloodfang with AB. My defeat at the 46-1 record was vs a Moon with Caged Savages, Axe, Crushers. I didnt expect that archetype and effectively lost by 1HP, but nevertheless Moon is tough if u dont dig Kion on time

Hunters: vs rush ones like BB, use dahlia and TO to guard your HP amd retake later. VS controlish ones u shouldnt have a problem with IGG out
    Elementals: mainly it is the Aldmor build which gets wrecked by AB and Dahlia. Owl helps a lot as well

Cards that didnt make it:

- Sinkhole: they were present at 2 copies at my earlier19-0 record but i found that with DoU and Dahlias i could kill weenie Zhanna and Aldmor Elementals (to exile apprentices or help a kill)
    - PotL. I wanted it badly. Found better results withoutthe card
    - Aeon: easy kill vs trolls and slow decks (just hide a Kion behind) but i would win vs them well anyway, so i preferred to raise Eriss at 3 for a better T6 draw
    - Assass. I could have included it vs Dakraths ,but i see few, so it wasnt worth it imo, esp since my weapons dont allow retaliation for 95% of allies

Well this should pretty much cover all possible questions but nevertheless feel free to share opinions and questions either here or in telegram @ Othon_Manolakos
    Last edited by Gondorian; 06-29-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I stopped reading after 2cc split ..will continue next year
    Sinister Always Pays His Debts

European Shadow Era Champion

First SEF champion

Wanna join A1 ? Contact me on TELEGRAM @MrArcy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice write up...is DoU your preferred target for Dahlia?

Do u find any difficulty to deal with the stall mages using subdue?
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 06-29-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I stopped reading after 2cc split ..will continue next year
    LOL, a good write up like this is much more preferred that just a decklist.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really well written and lots of good info even for veteran Lance players like myself... And the deck itself is obviously amazing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice list man. Obviously has done very well. You may not have as much issue with early rush as my builds since you have the lower curve, but yahari can be a great tool when that does happen. Glad someone else is agreeing with me about dhalia for a change too haha
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also like the split of TO and IGG. I have been running a very similar build since a long time, i even took n1 rating [ +360 ] last year mainly playing Lance.

Nice write-up indeed, i wish i could speak english like u héhé. It’s the reason i don’t post my decks on forum

Thanks for sharing a competitive decks with the community otto
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well done Otto, what about Raikka? Do you have now some special strategy against it?
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice write up and thanks for sharing. I am not a fan of 3/3 splits but you have explained it well and glad they work for you.

I like the matchup analysis. It's very detailed and useful. Great work